Comrade Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comrade Trump

I say let's have dedicated thread for discussing all things Trump and Russia.

I'll stick this article here:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...n-hack-n696146

It is funny that the same news outlets that were so condescending at Romney 4 years ago for saying Putin was a threat are now the leading fear mongers for how much Putin wants to hurt America. If Trippet were around I'd venture a guess it is ironic.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

This is going to be confusing keeping all the Trump threads straight.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
        This is going to be confusing keeping all the Trump threads straight.
        Excellent point. Where is the thread for #winning? That will probably be the busiest.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          It is funny that the same news outlets that were so condescending at Romney 4 years ago for saying Putin was a threat are now the leading fear mongers for how much Putin wants to hurt America. If Trippet were around I'd venture a guess it is ironic.
          A high degree of irony, indeed.

Realpolitik might dictate a different conclusion.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Not sure why that article is in this thread. It basically blames Putin's "hacking" on Clinton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              My uncle who is an amazing human being is basically a hippie and had a long career in journalism and is thinks the McCarthy hearings are one of the most awful things America has done. I now see him on FB calling for electors to defect because the Electoral College was meant to stop a megalomaniac like Trump "with a penchant for a foreign power". The role reversals on both sides after the election have been really interesting to watch.

Comment

Now the U.S has solid information tying Putin to the operation, the intelligence officials say. Their use of the term "high confidence" implies that the intelligence is nearly incontrovertible.
                dickey-450.jpg
                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                  My uncle who is an amazing human being is basically a hippie and had a long career in journalism and is thinks the McCarthy hearings are one of the most awful things America has done. I now see him on FB calling for electors to defect because the Electoral College was meant to stop a megalomaniac like Trump "with a penchant for a foreign power". The role reversals on both sides after the election have been really interesting to watch.
                  This isn't anything like the red scare aside from it involving Russia or Russians.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                    This isn't anything like the red scare aside from it involving Russia or Russians.
                    Frank demands a nuanced approach here Omaha, ergo his thread title. lolz.
                    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

I went to russia this summer and it was awesome. They are very nationalistic there. More than any place I have ever been. Still disappointed I didn't buy that shirt I saw of Putin riding a bear, but I console myself as I drink out of my putin mug.

Moscow is a dump,other than the Kremlin, but St Petersburg is one of the best cities I have ever visited. Simply amazing. I would go back in a second.

Comment

Here's what I don't understand: WHy is the administration in such a headlong rush to identify Russia and Putin as the perpetrators? Having done so with certainty and specificity we will be required to respond somehow and I have heard nothing about how they plan to respond. Failure to respond will only embolden Russia/Putin EVEN IF THE CLAIMS ARE UNTRUE and if they are true it will make them feel stronger and bolder still. The only answer can be becasue Obama wants to undermine Trump for some political purpose or he wants to try to tie Trump's hands to large degree in dealing with the russians. Either way it seems like a bad approach at this point.

OTOH, Trump's refusal to acknowledge it even though he is seeing the same briefings could also have some serious ramifications in dealing with Putin., The whole thing is a mess and Obama should STFU about it other than as necessary to protect American interests. But approaching it as a post election political device is a very bad idea.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Here is why I don't think Trump and Putin will end up being so chummy. They are both major egomaniacs. They are going to have some major differences and I don't see Trump reacting well to Putin getting the better of him.

I don't put much stock in the democrats complaints and worries. Seriously, would a Putin buddy have caved in anymore to the Russians than this administration has?

My fear is not we are going to do to much placating of the Russians, but a worry these two might escalate things beyond where they need to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                            Frank demands a nuanced approach here Omaha, ergo his thread title. lolz.
                            Hey, how about not always so damn condescending and snarky toward me?

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                              Hey, how about not always so damn condescending and snarky toward me?
                              Wear it as a badge of honor. I do when, I won't name names, are condescending to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X