Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
    That doesn't surprise me at all.

Donald wants to win because he's a winner and he's bigger, faster, smarter, and more important than everyone else. All he does is win. ("So much winning!")

But he doesn't want any of the actual responsibility that comes with being president. He just wants people to adore him and tell him how great he is - but bring president is a TON of work! (or at least it should be)

That comes across in everything he does. Right down to wanting to "win" the popular vote and explain he got more votes than Hillary because so many of hers were illegal - without actually having to do the work to back up whether or not what he is saying is true. (And which is unlikely to be true - but he can't admit that, because that isn't winning!)
    I pray that the day comes soon that he declares himself the greatest president in the history of the country and decides to walk away from the job because it's not possible to make his presidency any greater than the perfection only he has ever achieved! Oh yes, and Mike will do a great job, I gotta tell ya!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      I pray that the day comes soon that he declares himself the greatest president in the history of the country and decides to walk away from the job because it's not possible to make his presidency any greater than the perfection only he has ever achieved! Oh yes, and Mike will do a great job, I gotta tell ya!
      Well...you're halfway there. Hasn't he already declared himself to be the best president ever?

I'm not as optimistic as you are that he'll walk away mid-term. But I am optimistic that he'll claim victory after his term is up and tell us he's fixed everything he came to fix so he can ride off into the sunset now and not run for a 2nd term.

Comment

• RUSSIANS ARE NOW TRYING TO HACK U.S. SENATE EMAILS

The Russian hacking group that stole Democratic National Committee emails during the 2016 presidential campaign has also tried to break into the U.S. Senate email system, according to a cybersecurity company.

The hacking group, known by the nickname Fancy Bear, stepped up its political hacking efforts in the second half of 2017, including setting up fake websites designed to mimic a Senate email system.

“They were quite active, targeting at least five organizations, including two government organizations outside of the U.S.,” Feike Hacquebord, one of the researchers tracking the group for Trend Micro, told Newsweek.

Hacquebord said he couldn’t tell whether the fake websites worked, only that the Russian hackers had been attempting to hook Senate staffers. He said the hackers have also been busy internationally, trying to gain access to the accounts of Iranian email users the day before that country’s 2017 presidential elections, for example.

It is against Trend Micro's policy to claim that governments are behind any hacking group, but other cybersecurity experts have linked Fancy Bear to the GRU, the Russian military intelligence agency. U.S. intelligence agencies also made the connection as part of a public report on Russia’s meddling in recent U.S. elections.
        http://www.newsweek.com/russians-try...-emails-779646

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
          RUSSIANS ARE NOW TRYING TO HACK U.S. SENATE EMAILS

Calm down frank and stop shouting.

Also, this is the least surprising news of forever. I’d be surprised if they weren’t trying to hack the senate, house, fbi, cia, homelands securtiy, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• I chuckle every time Fancy Bear is in the news.

Comment

RUSSIANS ARE NOW TRYING TO HACK U.S. SENATE EMAILS

Interesting article. It also says:

The attacks use what cybersecurity experts call “spear phishing,” a technique that attempts to fool victims into providing security information, downloading files or going to certain websites because of specific details in an email that make it appear to be coming from a legitimate source.
              That is not hacking, in my mind. That is just taking advantage of the dumb and/or inattentive.

Then the article says, without further comment:

Democrats have been warning that Russia will try to meddle in the 2018 midterm elections and say President Donald Trump has done little to protect the U.S. against such efforts.
              What should Trump do, exactly, to protect the USA form Phishing? Maybe we could ask John Podesta, who surely understands the issue better now.

Like Moli said, not surprising. Good to remind everyone to be careful and attentive.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Everything that Frank said is true! Drumpf is a Russian agent... Moby was recruited by the CIA to help take him down:

Moby: CIA Agents Asked Me to Help Them Take Down the Trump-Russia Conspiracy

Moby is a busy guy these days. Not only is he preparing to release his new album Everything Was Beautiful, and Nothing Hurt, he’s also got to keep up with his side gig helping the intelligence community spread the word about the Russians’ efforts to install a puppet government in the United States by way of Donald Trump. Moby first revealed his new job back in February, when he shared some info he’d received from some “friends who work in dc [sic]” on his social media accounts. He said he could “accurately” report that the Russian dossier prepared by Fusion-GPS was “100% real” and that Trump is being blackmailed for “much more nefarious things” than being peed on by Russian sex workers. He also intimated that by passing this information he might be putting himself in danger.
                [...]
                Yikes! Listen to the whole WFPK interview below. The spy stuff starts around the 8-minute mark.
                https://www.spin.com/2018/01/moby-ci...ump-collusion/

Wait... why is the CIA trying to overthrow our government?
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Bannon Is Subpoenaed in Mueller’s Russia Investigation

WASHINGTON — Stephen K. Bannon, President Trump’s former chief strategist, was subpoenaed last week by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, to testify before a grand jury as part of the investigation into possible links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia, according to a person with direct knowledge of the matter.

The move marked the first time Mr. Mueller is known to have used a grand jury subpoena to seek information from a member of Mr. Trump’s inner circle. The special counsel’s office has used subpoenas before to seek information on Mr. Trump’s associates and their possible ties to Russia or other foreign governments.

The subpoena could be a negotiating tactic. Mr. Mueller is likely to allow Mr. Bannon to forgo the grand jury appearance if he agrees to instead be questioned by investigators in the less formal setting of the special counsel’s offices about ties between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia and about the president’s conduct in office, according to the person, who would not be named discussing the case. But it was not clear why Mr. Mueller treated Mr. Bannon differently than the dozen administration officials who were interviewed in the final months of last year and were never served with a subpoena.

The subpoena is a sign that Mr. Bannon is not personally the focus of the investigation. Justice Department rules allow prosecutors to subpoena the targets of investigations only in rare circumstances.

On Tuesday, Mr. Bannon testified behind closed doors before the House Intelligence Committee, which is also investigating Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election and ties between the Trump campaign and Russia. Mr. Bannon did not address reporters before entering the proceeding on Tuesday, and a spokesman for Mr. Mueller and a senior White House lawyer did not respond to messages seeking comment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/16/u...-subpoena.html

Comment

• This is breathlessly reported as a “major“ development in the investigation by wolf blitzer today. Because? No reason given. No idea what he’ll be asked or what he’ll say but he’s being questioned?? MAJOR DEVELOPMENT I say!!
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                      This is breathlessly reported as a “major“ development in the investigation by wolf blitzer today. Because? No reason given. No idea what he’ll be asked or what he’ll say but he’s being questioned?? MAJOR DEVELOPMENT I say!!
                      "Sloppy Steve" is going to squeal like a pig and tell everyone how Drumpf Jr had a meeting with that russian lawyer lady... Maybe we will finally get the Russian dirt on Clinton. I love it!
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Bannon refused to answer House panel's questions about time in White House

President Donald Trump's former adviser Steve Bannon refused to answer questions Tuesday from the House intelligence committee about his time in the White House, prompting panel members to subpoena him on the spot, according to a person familiar with the interview.

Bannon appeared before the committee as part of its investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, speaking just weeks after a falling-out with Trump over comments he made in an explosive new book.

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) confirmed Tuesday that he issued a subpoena for Bannon.

“Of course I authorized the subpoena," he told reporters. "That’s how the rules work.”

According to the person familiar with the interview, Bannon's attorney told the committee he wouldn't discuss anything about his time in the White House or during the transition after the 2016 election. During that period, Trump allegedly sought a pledge of loyalty from then-FBI Director James Comey and later fired him.

The source said Republicans lawmakers — including Rep. Mike Conaway (R-Texas) and former federal prosecutor Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) — were frustrated that Bannon was not more forthcoming. Bannon did not invoke executive privilege, the source said.
                        https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ubpoena-341492

Comment

Bannon refused to answer House panel's questions about time in White House

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ubpoena-341492
                          MAJOR development.
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

MAJOR development.
                            lol. ok, creek.
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              lol. ok, creek.
                              Major!

A one time primary aide to the POTUS refuses to answer a voluntary call to testify so a subpoena is issued. I don't know, OG, isn't that pretty much how most litigation goes? Just in one of my little cases I have a witness who won't talk to me so guess what is out for service? I will wait to see if it is a MAJOR development until I get his testimony.
                              Last edited by creekster; 01-16-2018, 04:34 PM.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Major!

A one time primary aide to the POTUS refuses to answer a voluntary call to testify so a subpoena is issued. I don't know, OG, isn't that pretty much how most litigation goes? Just in one of my little cases I have a witness who won't talk to me so guess what is out for service? I will wait to see if it is a MAJOR development until I get his testimony.
                                ok buddy.
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X