Comrade Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    I have moved on from the election. I could care less about Russia using free press against us. Whatever BS stories they made up to influence people are not significantly different than conspiracy theories US citizens have been making up for years such as Joe Biden's "Mitt Romney will return you back to chains." I am more concerned with his unwillingness to speak openly of the instability Russia is creating and their opposition/efforts to undermine to our global interests. I expect the US President to lead against what I believe Russia is doing.
    My point was that Trump has not gotten past the last election. He even brought it up in the Putin press conference. If that small minded pathological need to have his greatness affirmed all the time affects foreign policy decisions of the US, including Russia policy, then we could very well be screwed if he gets crazy enough. That is something Republicans need to be more realistic about.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      The dems will take the House and quite possibly even the Senate if they have a really good night. My fear is they then ruin everything by following their usual history and turn crazy left for the following two years instead of pushing back Trump in ways all the independents can also support. If they take the middle of the road Bill Clintonesque approach then they can come across as reasonable while making Trump look crazier and crazier.

If our elections don’t get fucked with, which is a big if.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        This isn’t about an irrational left. Hard to make that claim at this point.
        No one said that "this" (whatever you meant by that) is about an irrational left. But it is actually very, very easy to claim the left is too often being completely irrational. The Trump Derangement Syndrome is a real thing.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          II would guess that the incriminating evidence is most likely shady financial dealings.
          Agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
            If our elections don’t get fucked with, which is a big if.
            Thats a loser's mentality. You are already looking for an excuse. Suck it up and work for a victory on the merits.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              I actually think the pee tape probably doesn't exist, though with Trump, would any of us be surprised if it surfaced? But now I am more convinced that there is something that Trump wants Russia to keep hidden. I am at a loss to explain why he has shown so much obsequiousness to Putin. I know he has a soft spot for despots, but the Russia thing is pretty glaring. I would guess that the incriminating evidence is most likely shady financial dealings.

There’s a few documentaries out there on his shady business dealings with Russians. Money laundering type bullshit. But the guy definitely has an appetite for hookers.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                I actually think youre wrong about this. I think Bernie and Warren and some others are just as crazy as Trump. The difference is they cloak with a veneer of statemanship and compassion and so it seems less threatening. This is precisely why I have never been afraid that Trump would destroy the country in the long run; He wears his crazy on his sleeve. "Did I say Would? I meant Would NOT!" Seriously?
                I don't mind vehemently disagreeing with politicians in the marketplace of ideas. I do mind being embarrassed on a ... literally bi-weekly basis by our ranking commander. And his tactics at the border, ideas about immigrants, the bullshit about fake news, Kaep, etc... it's just exhausting.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  I don't mind vehemently disagreeing with politicians in the marketplace of ideas. I do mind being embarrassed on a ... literally bi-weekly basis by our ranking commander. And his tactics at the border, ideas about immigrants, the bullshit about fake news, Kaep, etc... it's just exhausting.
                  I agree, it is hard to believe that he has the energy to keep this crap coming, but we all see it coming and almost everyone, from the most ardent Trump haters all the way along the spectrum up to the most dopey trump supporters (but certainly including a lot of people who would be criticized for being Trump supporters) is wary of what he says and does. Especially when he is playing kissy face with Poo-tin.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                    I agree, it is hard to believe that he has the energy to keep this crap coming, but we all see it coming and almost everyone, from the most ardent Trump haters all the way along the spectrum up to the most dopey trump supporters (but certainly including a lot of people who would be criticized for being Trump supporters) is wary of what he says and does. Especially when he is playing kissy face with Poo-tin.
                    The Republicans are likely going to lose a midterm election over their inability or desire to keep him in check. If they could appear to be reasonably keeping the crazy down in the oval office then independents would possibly help them keep control of Congress. Right now they're looking fine to the 40% Trump true believers but they are pissing off everyone else.

Of course this only applies to those who live in competitive districts. The ones from districts where democrats have been gerrymandered out don't care.

Comment

The Republicans are likely going to lose a midterm election over their inability or desire to keep him in check. If they could appear to be reasonably keeping the crazy down in the oval office then independents would possibly help them keep control of Congress. Right now they're looking fine to the 40% Trump true believers but they are pissing off everyone else.
                      Sure, but that's just politics as normal with the exception of a clown in a donald trump suit leading the parade. It isnt destroying the country in any permanent sense, its just the same lame movie with a bizarre soundtrack.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

The dems will take the House and quite possibly even the Senate if they have a really good night. My fear is they then ruin everything by following their usual history and turn crazy left for the following two years instead of pushing back Trump in ways all the independents can also support. If they take the middle of the road Bill Clintonesque approach then they can come across as reasonable while making Trump look crazier and crazier.
                        The economy is ripe for a correction. The yield curve is starting to flatten which is usually a sign that we are heading for a recession. Having the dems take over the house and senate is prefect timing for them to take the blame.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                          The economy is ripe for a correction. The yield curve is starting to flatten which is usually a sign that we are heading for a recession. Having the dems take over the house and senate is prefect timing for them to take the blame.
                          Damn yield curve. I bet the Dems created it.
                          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                            I don't mind vehemently disagreeing with politicians in the marketplace of ideas. I do mind being embarrassed on a ... literally bi-weekly basis by our ranking commander. And his tactics at the border, ideas about immigrants, the bullshit about fake news, Kaep, etc...
                            Hard to take umbrage with President Trump's complaints about fake news when we are still in Iraq. President Trump declared yesterday that there will be no Cold War II, but you'd hardly realize it without tuning out the incessant demagoguery of the largest US media organs and its blowhard pundits.

Originally posted by commando
                            it's just exhausting.
                            What SSRIs have you tried? Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Lexapro, Celexa? I know a good psychologist.
                            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• yikes at some of these recent takes
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X