Comrade Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    The Econimist was involved in commissioning that poll. They are one of the better international affairs magazines out there.

Even on here you have a lot of folks who think we can be friends with Russia. Fwiw, I think Putin would have gotten a similar bump from democrats if he was backing Clinton. Partisanship is powerful.
    This poll? Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but not seeing a big majority of Republicans as Putin lovers.

https://today.yougov.com/news/2016/1...s-over-russia/

Comment

I got to hand it to you, you are the most consistent Russia apologist on the board.
      My opinion of Putin is roughly the same as the authoritarian that runs this board. I don't like him, but he ain't going anywhere, so might as well be friends with him.

Have you seen the poll that indicates Trudeau is better liked by Dems today versus before the election? Wonder what the Canadians have been up to. Gives me chills.
      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
        My opinion of Putin is roughly the same as the authoritarian that runs this board. I don't like him, but he ain't going anywhere, so might as well be friends with him.

Have you seen the poll that indicates Trudeau is better liked by Dems today versus before the election? Wonder what the Canadians have been up to. Gives me chills.
        Um, Trudeau and Putin don't make for much of a parallel. I'm relieved to know you're not a Putin fan (I mean that completely sincerely). I think the Obama administration tried to get along with him to the point where it became a strategic failure. It went south as soon as Medevev and Putin switched roles.

Another area where you and I differ though is labeling the CIA's opinion, given post-election, a coup. Trumps statements on Russia lend themselves a detante but it's interesting he has not had trouble antagonizing NATO or China.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          This poll? Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but not seeing a big majority of Republicans as Putin lovers.

https://today.yougov.com/news/2016/1...s-over-russia/
          I overstated it with the word loving, but the polls a big change in republican views on Putin's favorability.

Comment

I overstated it with the word loving, but the polls a big change in republican views on Putin's favorability.
            You said a big majority like him. Even if the polling is correct (it's not), you're still not even close to the truth. This thing has unhinged you, man.

I sincerely urge you to take a step back. Not just from this discussion, but from the news in general. Take a month long news fast. Maybe two or three. Shut it all out. I promise you'll find yourself in a better place and Putin will have magically lost his hold on the American electorate. I've done it before and it's great.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              You said a big majority like him. Even if the polling is correct (it's not), you're still not even close to the truth. This thing has unhinged you, man.

I sincerely urge you to take a step back. Not just from this discussion, but from the news in general. Take a month long news fast. Maybe two or three. Shut it all out. I promise you'll find yourself in a better place and Putin will have magically lost his hold on the American electorate. I've done it before and it's great.
              I don't think your advice is horrible and I might take it, but unhinged is pretty harsh.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                That's the spirit.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  That's the spirit.
                  I missed that the first time. Great line, Walter.

Comment

Ruskies must have set up shop in DHS...

More states confirm suspected cyberattacks sourced to DHS

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/more...-dhs/476227320

ATLANTA - Channel 2 Investigative Reporter Aaron Diamant has learned two more states’ election agencies have confirmed suspected cyberattacks linked to the same U.S. Department of Homeland Security IP address as last month’s massive attack in Georgia.

The two states reporting the suspected cyberattacks were West Virginia and Kentucky.

Kemp also told Diamant that DHS has yet to explain at least nine other suspected network scans linked to DHS IP addresses over the last year on or around important primary and presidential election dates. Kemp's call for answers is amplified now by the National Association of Secretaries of State, or NASS.
                    One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                    SU

Comment

I don't think your advice is horrible and I might take it, but unhinged is pretty harsh.
                      You're taking it much too harshly. This is all for entertainment purposes. We now have reality realpolitik at its finest.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                        Here is why I don't think Trump and Putin will end up being so chummy. They are both major egomaniacs. They are going to have some major differences and I don't see Trump reacting well to Putin getting the better of him.

I don't put much stock in the democrats complaints and worries. Seriously, would a Putin buddy have caved in anymore to the Russians than this administration has?

My fear is not we are going to do to much placating of the Russians, but a worry these two might escalate things beyond where they need to go.
                        I'm excited to see them shake hands. See who wins that wrestling match

Comment

Originally posted by taekwondave View Post
                          I'm excited to see them shake hands. See who wins that wrestling match
                          I'd take Putin in a wrestling match over Trump. Trump is bloated and soft.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                            Haha. I feel terrible saying this but I really like both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                              Putin would destroy Trump in a wrestling match, with a black belt in judo and I believe also krav maga, Trump stands no chance.
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                                Putin would destroy Trump in a wrestling match, with a black belt in judo and I believe also krav maga, Trump stands no chance.
                                If I'm Trump then I resort to hot wife smack.

Comment

Working...
                                X