No announcement yet.

Comrade Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Though this could go in the "Last Movie I Saw' thread, given the subject matter I'll mention and recommend Active Measures, a documentary about the rise of Putin and his tactics in trying to disrupt the political processes in the West. It makes a strong case for Russian influence on Trump (at the least, there's no question Russian oligarchs use Trump properties to launder money and that Russians try to interfere with other nations' elections). Some of the graphics and constant music background are distractingly gimmicky, but overall, it's a very interesting presentation--strongly recommended. It costs $1.95 to stream.

BTW, Evan McMullin appears frequently in the movie, along with many other CIA and State Department experts.

Comment

• FUSION GPS FOUNDER WILL PLEAD THE FIFTH TO AVOID TESTIFYING TO CONGRESS

The co-founder of the opposition research firm behind the Steele dossier, Glenn Simpson, will invoke his First and Fifth Amendment privileges to avoid testifying before Congress next week, his lawyer has told Congress.

According to The Hill, Simpson’s attorney, Joshua Levy, told House Judiciary Committee Chairman Rep. Bob Goodlatte that Simpson will not appear for a deposition because the congressional investigation “is not designed to discover the truth.”

The Virginia Republican subpoenaed Simpson on Sept. 29 after Levy said his client would not appear voluntarily for an interview before members of the House Judiciary and House Oversight & Government Reform committees.

Simpson’s firm, Fusion GPS, was hired during the 2016 presidential campaign by the law firm that represented the DNC and Clinton campaign. Fusion GPS hired former British spy Christopher Steele to conduct an investigation into Donald Trump’s possible links to Russia. The result of the probe was a 35-page report alleging collusion between the Trump campaign and Kremlin.
      [...]
      https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/11/s...s-plead-fifth/

Good move by Glenn Simpson... It is better to plead the fifth than end up dead by "accidental suicide".

Edit: Maybe they can offer some protection as part of his plead bargain.
      Last edited by Uncle Ted; 10-12-2018, 05:46 AM.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/11/s...s-plead-fifth/

Good move by Glenn Simpson... It is better to plead the fifth than end up dead by "accidental suicide".

Edit: Maybe they can offer some protection as part of his plead bargain.
        Still a 5th Ave. Trump supporter I see.

Comment

• You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• OMG... Maybe it was the Russians!

Suspicious packages could be ‘Russian operation,’ says MSNBC host

It took less than 48 hours for the US mainstream media to go from blaming President Donald Trump for a series of suspicious packages sent to leading Democrats and CNN to blaming - who else? - Russia.

US authorities are still hunting for the person or persons responsible for ten or so packages containing what appeared to be pipe bombs - none of which have actually exploded - that were sent to CNN and prominent Democrats over the past two days.

For much of Thursday night’s Meet the Press Daily show on MSNBC, host Chuck Todd and his guests followed the narrative adopted by most media outlets, blaming what they described as Trump’s incendiary rhetoric against the press. Then Todd went there.

“I have this fear that it could be some Russian operation,” Todd told his guests, explaining his reasoning as, “It is dividing us.”
            [...]
            https://www.rt.com/usa/442301-suspic...ian-operation/

Of course, the Russians don't create dumbass bombs that don't work.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Women were offered money to make up allegations of inappropriate sexual behavior on Mueller’s part?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...fee_story.html

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                Women were offered money to make up allegations of inappropriate sexual behavior on Mueller’s part?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...fee_story.html
                Sounds familiar... I can't place it.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• IMG_1030.jpg
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• And it starts... Apparently Trump has just asked Sessions to resign, paving the way for a new AG who will fire Mueller. In other news, Putin is pissed he lost control of the House.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                      And it starts... Apparently Trump has just asked Sessions to resign, paving the way for a new AG who will fire Mueller. In other news, Putin is pissed he lost control of the House.

I wonder if the posters here who asserted Mueller should be able to finish his investigation will care about Trump’s move. Apparently Don Jr. is going to be indicted soon.

Comment

I wonder if the posters here who asserted Mueller should be able to finish his investigation will care about Trump’s move. Apparently Don Jr. is going to be indicted soon.
                        I dont know that I've weighed in officially here. I'm pretty agnostic on this Russia stuff until we see some real evidence. That being said, I would not be comfortable with trump firing Mueller before he finishes the investigation.

The flip side of this is Mueller needs to actually finish the investigation.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                          I dont know that I've weighed in officially here. I'm pretty agnostic on this Russia stuff until we see some real evidence. That being said, I would not be comfortable with trump firing Mueller before he finishes the investigation.

Agreed.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

The investigation hasn’t really been that long not compared to White water, Iran contra or Benghazi.

Comment

The investigation hasn’t really been that long not compared to White water, Iran contra or Benghazi.
                              Maybe Mueller could give us a little hint about what dirt he has on Drumpf before he gets fired?
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• More people should be alarmed but Trump has normalized this bullshit. Bad day for the Republic.

Comment

Working...
                                X