Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
Results 1,111 to 1,130 of 1130

Thread: Comrade Trump

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    The leadership in Belarus and Kazakhstan might be having some sleepless nights thanks to Trump's genuinely idiotic statement (I trust not even the most ardent Trump supporter who reads this would contest that characterization). More people in those countries speak Russian than either Belarusian or Kazakh, so perhaps Trump will give Putin the green light for further expansion. I've spent a little time in Crimea and work with Ukrainians and Belarusians, and I've never heard anyone speak kindly of Putin or Russia (anecdotal, I concede).
    With the bar set so low, imagine ranking the most idiotic statements made by Trump while he was President. That would require a Herculean effort by some future historian.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    In view of these facts, I'm confident that unless the Canucks remove the tariffs on our cheese (a grave threat to our national security, as He has declared), I say we're goin' in.
    "Trade wars are easy to win!"

How's team Mueller doing with the Russians? Do they have those SoBs in jail yet?

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    I will be going to Canada for the first time soon. Should I seek out a Time Hortons?
    Definitely! You probably won't have to seek very hard, they are everywhere. But whatever amount of effort, it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Definitely! You probably won't have to seek very hard, they are everywhere. But whatever amount of effort, it is worth it.
    Awesome, thanks.

Judge rules Paul Manafort has to sit in jail now until trial for witness tampering. Fortunately for Trump, Manafort had nothing whatsoever to do with his campaign. I mean, Trump barely knows him...correct that, he's never even met him...correct that, he's never even heard of the guy. Who is he? That said, it's just sad what's happened to him. So unfair.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/15/polit...ial/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Judge rules Paul Manafort has to sit in jail now until trial for witness tampering. Fortunately for Trump, Manafort had nothing whatsoever to do with his campaign. I mean, Trump barely knows him...correct that, he's never even met him...correct that, he's never even heard of the guy. Who is he? That said, it's just sad what's happened to him. So unfair.

The more I read about Manafort, the creepier he seems. Did you ever see the text messages that came from his daughters?
    Last edited by frank ryan; 06-15-2018 at 03:14 PM.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Pre-Historic Man

I admit to tuning out the entire political mess in DC. I read what some of the reputable news sources publish from time to time, but I don't follow the events as closely and with as much interest as many here do.

For Frank and BlueK, do you believe a prosecutor's role is investigate a crime or to investigate a person?

I suspect I know what Ted's answer might be, but I'd be curious as to the two board progressives, how you two respond and other statists respond.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    I admit to tuning out the entire political mess in DC. I read what some of the reputable news sources publish from time to time, but I don't follow the events as closely and with as much interest as many here do.

For Frank and BlueK, do you believe a prosecutor's role is investigate a crime or to investigate a person?

I suspect I know what Ted's answer might be, but I'd be curious as to the two board progressives, how you two respond and other statists respond.
    BlueK is a libertarian.

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    BlueK is a libertarian.
    You didn't answer the question. So he says, but he might really be one if he likes the authoritarian approach to crime.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post

You and Frank Ryan have been in some OCD-induced circle jerk for two years now about Trump. Each and every day you hang out online and post every bit of inane news. Are you aware of the charges that have been brought forth against Manafort and the timing of the actions for which he is being prosecuted? Did you even read the indictment? In your literally thousands of posts about Trump, have you ever not construed something in the worst possible light?

Here's all you need to know from this smoking gun article:

Prosecutors haven't tied Manafort, Gates and Kilimnik's alleged wrongdoings to the actions of the Trump campaign, which is at the core of Mueller's investigation.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    Awesome, thanks.
    Timbit honey crullers, sour cream glazed... and that toasted cocunut doughnut. Oh man. So delish. Get in my mouth!
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

tariff wars on Canada, Mexico, EU, China, India

Hmm who is missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    tariff wars on Canada, Mexico, EU, China, India

Hmm who is missing?
    Russia! Oh wait... no.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    You and Frank Ryan have been in some OCD-induced circle jerk for two years now about Trump. Each and every day you hang out online and post every bit of inane news. Are you aware of the charges that have been brought forth against Manafort and the timing of the actions for which he is being prosecuted? Did you even read the indictment? In your literally thousands of posts about Trump, have you ever not construed something in the worst possible light?

Here's all you need to know from this smoking gun article:

Prosecutors haven't tied Manafort, Gates and Kilimnik's alleged wrongdoings to the actions of the Trump campaign, which is at the core of Mueller's investigation.
    Dammit! So we have spent millions of dollars and we have nothing that nails Drumpf and his campaign to the Russians? What about those 13 Russian hackers? Mueller must have dug up something that connects those basturds to Drumpf. Oh wait, we, or even their defense lawyers, can't see any of the evidence for some reason. So just how did those SoBs hack the election and make Hillary lose her 98.1% chance of winning on the eve of her big day of the anyway?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

The more I read about Manafort, the creepier he seems. Did you ever see the text messages that came from his daughters?
    I have no idea what you’re talking about but saying you think someone is creepy because you have read through their daughter’s emails seems sort of, well, creepy.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    I have no idea what you’re talking about but saying you think someone is creepy because you have read through their daughter’s emails seems sort of, well, creepy.
    frank in the future please do not be creepy by reading any major news publication
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    I have no idea what you’re talking about
    That''s obvious.

Well I guess Roger Stone did make contact with a Russian offering dirt on Clinton.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.0c35ec6defc9

Well I guess Roger Stone did make contact with a Russian offering dirt on Clinton.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.0c35ec6defc9
    So - just out of curiosity. How many Russians offering dirt on Trump do you think Mueller or members of his team have met with by now?