Comrade Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    The leadership in Belarus and Kazakhstan might be having some sleepless nights thanks to Trump's genuinely idiotic statement (I trust not even the most ardent Trump supporter who reads this would contest that characterization). More people in those countries speak Russian than either Belarusian or Kazakh, so perhaps Trump will give Putin the green light for further expansion. I've spent a little time in Crimea and work with Ukrainians and Belarusians, and I've never heard anyone speak kindly of Putin or Russia (anecdotal, I concede).
    With the bar set so low, imagine ranking the most idiotic statements made by Trump while he was President. That would require a Herculean effort by some future historian.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      In view of these facts, I'm confident that unless the Canucks remove the tariffs on our cheese (a grave threat to our national security, as He has declared), I say we're goin' in.
      "Trade wars are easy to win!"

Comment

• How's team Mueller doing with the Russians? Do they have those SoBs in jail yet?

"Fake law"... "hysterical dithyramb"... "special counsel has chosen to use secrecy as both a sword and a shield"

Come on Mueller, stop dicking around... let's see them cards:

In my opinion, Mueller’s posture could easily viewed as a red-tape-heavy method intended to cripple and undermine Concord Management’s defense. In the United States, criminal defendants are entitled–by virtue of an almost sacred right–to view the evidence used against them. This right undergirds the basic foundation of America’s adversarial legal system.

Supreme Court jurisprudence has frequently favored the rights of the accused to know what they’re up against, too. And yes, this even goes for foreign nationals because the U.S. Constitution applies to anyone under the jurisdiction of the United States. Not just citizens and not just people on the landmass.

The proposed protective order expressly forecloses against that right. At the same time, the Mueller’s proposal purports to offer Concord Management the mere possibility of seeing those discovery materials sometime down the road. This would maybe occur by way of extremely complicated and burdensome permission-seeking regime under circumstances which could accurately be described as theoretical at best. Mueller’s team, of course, makes pains to appear the reasonable actor.
        https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/muel...ce=mostpopular
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
          I will be going to Canada for the first time soon. Should I seek out a Time Hortons?
          Definitely! You probably won't have to seek very hard, they are everywhere. But whatever amount of effort, it is worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
            Definitely! You probably won't have to seek very hard, they are everywhere. But whatever amount of effort, it is worth it.
            Awesome, thanks.

Comment

• Judge rules Paul Manafort has to sit in jail now until trial for witness tampering. Fortunately for Trump, Manafort had nothing whatsoever to do with his campaign. I mean, Trump barely knows him...correct that, he's never even met him...correct that, he's never even heard of the guy. Who is he? That said, it's just sad what's happened to him. So unfair.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/15/polit...ial/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                Judge rules Paul Manafort has to sit in jail now until trial for witness tampering. Fortunately for Trump, Manafort had nothing whatsoever to do with his campaign. I mean, Trump barely knows him...correct that, he's never even met him...correct that, he's never even heard of the guy. Who is he? That said, it's just sad what's happened to him. So unfair.

The more I read about Manafort, the creepier he seems. Did you ever see the text messages that came from his daughters?
                Last edited by frank ryan; 06-15-2018, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• I admit to tuning out the entire political mess in DC. I read what some of the reputable news sources publish from time to time, but I don't follow the events as closely and with as much interest as many here do.

For Frank and BlueK, do you believe a prosecutor's role is investigate a crime or to investigate a person?

I suspect I know what Ted's answer might be, but I'd be curious as to the two board progressives, how you two respond and other statists respond.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                    I admit to tuning out the entire political mess in DC. I read what some of the reputable news sources publish from time to time, but I don't follow the events as closely and with as much interest as many here do.

For Frank and BlueK, do you believe a prosecutor's role is investigate a crime or to investigate a person?

I suspect I know what Ted's answer might be, but I'd be curious as to the two board progressives, how you two respond and other statists respond.
                    BlueK is a libertarian.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                      BlueK is a libertarian.
                      You didn't answer the question. So he says, but he might really be one if he likes the authoritarian approach to crime.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                        Judge rules Paul Manafort has to sit in jail now until trial for witness tampering. Fortunately for Trump, Manafort had nothing whatsoever to do with his campaign. I mean, Trump barely knows him...correct that, he's never even met him...correct that, he's never even heard of the guy. Who is he? That said, it's just sad what's happened to him. So unfair.

You and Frank Ryan have been in some OCD-induced circle jerk for two years now about Trump. Each and every day you hang out online and post every bit of inane news. Are you aware of the charges that have been brought forth against Manafort and the timing of the actions for which he is being prosecuted? Did you even read the indictment? In your literally thousands of posts about Trump, have you ever not construed something in the worst possible light?

Here's all you need to know from this smoking gun article:

Prosecutors haven't tied Manafort, Gates and Kilimnik's alleged wrongdoings to the actions of the Trump campaign, which is at the core of Mueller's investigation.
                        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                          Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                          Awesome, thanks.
                          Timbit honey crullers, sour cream glazed... and that toasted cocunut doughnut. Oh man. So delish. Get in my mouth!
                          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• tariff wars on Canada, Mexico, EU, China, India

Hmm who is missing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                              tariff wars on Canada, Mexico, EU, China, India

Hmm who is missing?
                              Russia! Oh wait... no.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                                You and Frank Ryan have been in some OCD-induced circle jerk for two years now about Trump. Each and every day you hang out online and post every bit of inane news. Are you aware of the charges that have been brought forth against Manafort and the timing of the actions for which he is being prosecuted? Did you even read the indictment? In your literally thousands of posts about Trump, have you ever not construed something in the worst possible light?

Here's all you need to know from this smoking gun article:

Prosecutors haven't tied Manafort, Gates and Kilimnik's alleged wrongdoings to the actions of the Trump campaign, which is at the core of Mueller's investigation.
                                Dammit! So we have spent millions of dollars and we have nothing that nails Drumpf and his campaign to the Russians? What about those 13 Russian hackers? Mueller must have dug up something that connects those basturds to Drumpf. Oh wait, we, or even their defense lawyers, can't see any of the evidence for some reason. So just how did those SoBs hack the election and make Hillary lose her 98.1% chance of winning on the eve of her big day of the anyway?

Only Russian hackers can explain this!
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X