Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
Results 1,531 to 1,533 of 1533

Thread: Comrade Trump

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Though this could go in the "Last Movie I Saw' thread, given the subject matter I'll mention and recommend Active Measures, a documentary about the rise of Putin and his tactics in trying to disrupt the political processes in the West. It makes a strong case for Russian influence on Trump (at the least, there's no question Russian oligarchs use Trump properties to launder money and that Russians try to interfere with other nations' elections). Some of the graphics and constant music background are distractingly gimmicky, but overall, it's a very interesting presentation--strongly recommended. It costs $1.95 to stream.

BTW, Evan McMullin appears frequently in the movie, along with many other CIA and State Department experts.

FUSION GPS FOUNDER WILL PLEAD THE FIFTH TO AVOID TESTIFYING TO CONGRESS

The co-founder of the opposition research firm behind the Steele dossier, Glenn Simpson, will invoke his First and Fifth Amendment privileges to avoid testifying before Congress next week, his lawyer has told Congress.

According to The Hill, Simpson’s attorney, Joshua Levy, told House Judiciary Committee Chairman Rep. Bob Goodlatte that Simpson will not appear for a deposition because the congressional investigation “is not designed to discover the truth.”

The Virginia Republican subpoenaed Simpson on Sept. 29 after Levy said his client would not appear voluntarily for an interview before members of the House Judiciary and House Oversight & Government Reform committees.

Simpson’s firm, Fusion GPS, was hired during the 2016 presidential campaign by the law firm that represented the DNC and Clinton campaign. Fusion GPS hired former British spy Christopher Steele to conduct an investigation into Donald Trump’s possible links to Russia. The result of the probe was a 35-page report alleging collusion between the Trump campaign and Kremlin.
    [...]
    https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/11/s...s-plead-fifth/

Good move by Glenn Simpson... It is better to plead the fifth than end up dead by "accidental suicide".

Edit: Maybe they can offer some protection as part of his plead bargain.
    Last edited by Uncle Ted; 10-12-2018 at 05:46 AM.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/11/s...s-plead-fifth/

Good move by Glenn Simpson... It is better to plead the fifth than end up dead by "accidental suicide".

Edit: Maybe they can offer some protection as part of his plead bargain.
    Still a 5th Ave. Trump supporter I see.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka