Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1622

Thread: Comrade Trump

  1. #1081
    Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    11,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    If one is an effective campaigner then one might be an effective candidate and person for the job... no? ...
    Pretty much any declaration that's qualified by "might" is correct, so yes. BTW, I also think Putin is a very effective campaigner.

  2. #1082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    All you need to know about him is that he desperately wants us all to go full libertarian. The best way to do that is to attack both political sides fairly equally, no matter how false or crazy the claim. If Hillary had won and everyone started attacking her, no doubt his posts would claim that Trump is as corrupt as her.

    He hopes that with enough cartoons and memes that show the right is as corrupt as the left, we will unplug and finally understand the real world. And vote for Ron Paul, I suppose.
    That's been his cover story in the past. But it's pretty obvious it's not his motivation now. Judging by his posts it's hard to think of anyone else on this site who likes Trump more than he does.

  3. #1083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    That's been his cover story in the past. But it's pretty obvious it's not his motivation now. Judging by his posts it's hard to think of anyone else on this site who likes Trump more than he does.
    So given Drumpf and Hillary you are saying that Drumpf is clearly the better of the two... Thank you for confirming what I have been saying all along.
    After this clarifying post, I think you are right.

  4. #1084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    After this clarifying post, I think you are right.
    Ted never did this shtick when Obama when in office. I think he been inducted into Trump's online cyber-cult. He's reported some very skeptical people's words, including: Jack Posobiec
    (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Posobiec ), Mike Cernovich ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Cernovich ) and Paul Joseph Watson ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Joseph_Watson ), among others. All the he while he lambasts the "MSM."
    Last edited by frank ryan; 06-05-2018 at 01:33 PM.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  5. #1085

  6. #1086

    Default

    Ivanka was in contact with a Russian who offered to set up Trump-Putin meetings


    https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/co...NP&sh=43ea2a53
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  7. #1087
    Adventurer Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West of House
    Posts
    2,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-uranium.html

    So Hillary's foundation and her husband got lots of money to influence her support for the Uranium One deal... shocking!


    Don't people know that is what is expected to be able to "play" with the Clintons?
    Jill Stein meet Uncle Ted. Uncle Ted meet Jill Stein.

    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

    I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

    Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

    You furnish the pictures, and Iíll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

  8. #1088

    Default

    Trump totally isn't Putin's rentboy:

    Trump calls for Russia, ousted from group of leading industrial nations after annexing Crimea, to be reinstated

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.a8b7fbb414c3
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  9. #1089

    Default

    Trump Is Making the Case That He’s Putin’s Puppet


    If candidate Trump and President Putin had made a corrupt bargain which obligated President Trump to destabilize all U.S. security and trade alliances (especially NATO, which has been Russia’s primary strategic goal for 70 years) and advance the strategic interests of Russia, there’s really nothing more remotely realistic he could have done to accomplish that than what he has in fact done.

    https://washingtonmonthly.com/2018/0...putins-puppet/
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  10. #1090

    Default

    The "there is zero evidence of Russia collusion" mantra is getting absurd. There is a lot of evidence. That's different than saying there is absolute proof that has been made public. But to say there is no evidence is willfully ignorant or dishonest. To use legal terminology, the probable cause standard that would justify serious investigation has by far already been met.

    https://www.vox.com/2018/6/11/174383...ssia-collusion

  11. #1091
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★ = 1
    Posts
    19,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    The "there is zero evidence of Russia collusion" mantra is getting absurd. There is a lot of evidence. That's different than saying there is absolute proof that has been made public. But to say there is no evidence is willfully ignorant or dishonest. To use legal terminology, the probable cause standard that would justify serious investigation has by far already been met.

    https://www.vox.com/2018/6/11/174383...ssia-collusion
    With all this evidence why haven't we sent some tomahawk missiles in to bomb Moscow yet to send a clear message? Those SoB's need to pay, dammit! We are America, Bitch.

    And why hasn't the FBI collared those Russian hacker kiddies? They haven't been earning their paychecks lately. We want action! They should have busted in the DNC's door and got that email server too. They missed a valuable opportunity to collect more evidence. The FBI is super lame.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  12. #1092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    With all this evidence why haven't we sent some tomahawk missiles in to bomb Moscow yet to send a clear message? Those SoB's need to pay, dammit! We are America, Bitch.

    And why hasn't the FBI collared those Russian hacker kiddies? They haven't been earning their paychecks lately. We want action! They should have busted in the DNC's door and got that email server too. They missed a valuable opportunity to collect more evidence. The FBI is super lame.

    thanks Mr. Nunes for your totally convincing rebuttal.
    Last edited by BlueK; 06-13-2018 at 10:12 AM.

  13. #1093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    thanks Mr. Nunes for your totally convincing rebuttal.
    If it’s not written in 4chan-memese Ted can’t understand it.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  14. #1094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    If it’s not written in 4chan-memese Ted can’t understand it.
    The alt-right wingnuts definitely seem to have scrambled his brain.

  15. #1095
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★ = 1
    Posts
    19,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    thanks Mr. Nunes for your totally convincing rebuttal.
    If you, Frank, the DNC, and all the dems are convinced that the Russians hacked the dems email then answer this one simple question:

    Why didn't the dems/DNC let the FBI look at the DNC's email servers?

    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  16. #1096
    Adventurer Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West of House
    Posts
    2,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    With all this evidence why haven't we sent some tomahawk missiles in to bomb Moscow yet to send a clear message? Those SoB's need to pay, dammit! We are America, Bitch.

    And why hasn't the FBI collared those Russian hacker kiddies? They haven't been earning their paychecks lately. We want action! They should have busted in the DNC's door and got that email server too. They missed a valuable opportunity to collect more evidence. The FBI is super lame.
    From the pro-Trump rag "The Nation":

    https://www.thenation.com/article/mu...add-collusion/


    The Mueller Indictments Still Donít Add Up to Collusion

    A year of investigations has led to several guilty pleas, but none of them go to the core of the special counselís mandate.

    In just over one year, special counsel Robert Muellerís investigation of the Trump campaign and Russia has generated five guilty pleas, 20 indictments, and more than 100 charges. None of these have anything to do with Muellerís chief focus: the Russian governmentís alleged meddling in the 2016 election and the Trump campaignís suspected involvement. While itís certainly possible that Mueller will make new indictments that go to the core of his case, whatís been revealed so far does not make a compelling brief for collusion.

    [...]

    The January 2017 intelligence report begat an endless cycle of innuendo and unverified claims, inculcating the public with fears of a massive Russian interference operation and suspicions of the Trump campaignís complicity. The evidence to date casts doubt on the merits of this national preoccupation, and with it, the judgment of the intelligence, political, and media figures who have elevated it to such prominence.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

    I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

    Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

    You furnish the pictures, and Iíll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

  17. #1097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    From the pro-Trump rag "The Nation":

    https://www.thenation.com/article/mu...add-collusion/

    [INDENT]
    The Mueller Indictments Still Don’t Add Up to Collusion

    A year of investigations has led to several guilty pleas, but none of them go to the core of the special counsel’s mandate.

    While it’s certainly possible that Mueller will make new indictments that go to the core of his case
    It's more than possible. It's highly probable.

    You can speculate either of two ways..

    1. Mueller's team is just flailing around uncovering basically nothing and trying to prolong it as much as possible because he's just a creep trying to harm Trump at any cost (the FoxNOISE! narrative)

    2. Muller's team respects the seriousness and gravity of the situation because it involves an election and the President of the US. Also he's working within the context of a highly toxic partisan environment in the country, so is playing it close to the vest for a reason, namely that what is eventually going to be released has to be absolutely beyond reproach. It takes time to create an unbreakable case, and within a context of similar types of investigations like organized crime, it really hasn't taken that long. Also, until this investigation when the partisan mud started to sling from the White House and FoxNOISE!, he had a stellar reputation from both sides of the aisle. If there wasn't much there he would have said so by now and closed it up. Raiding the attorney's office of the President is not to be taken lightly, and a Federal magistrate -- a republican appointee of GW Bush -- would have applied a higher than usual standard for issuing that warrant. My guess is Cohen is getting pretty close to starting to sing like a canary.

    But we'll see what happens. It just seems to me that the overreacting from Trump is kind of giving it away. He knows what's coming and wants to prepare the nation to just not care when it's bad news for him. He may end up being right about that. And while Trump is likely still a ways away from the end goal. IMO, he's working hard every day to push the envelope as far as he can in the direction of America being ok with the thought of an above the law dictator being in charge of the country -- in which case it wouldn't matter what he or his campaign did. Much of his base is probably already there.
    Last edited by BlueK; 06-14-2018 at 05:46 PM.

  18. #1098
    Adventurer Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West of House
    Posts
    2,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    he's working hard every day to push the envelope as far as he can in the direction of America being ok with the thought of an above the law dictator being in charge of the country
    Jesus Christ you are nuts.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

    I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

    Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

    You furnish the pictures, and Iíll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

  19. #1099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Jesus Christ you are nuts.
    LOL. Says the board's batshit crazy uncle.

    I didn't say he would succeed. But you're a complete moron if you can't see he's pushing the envelope to authoritarianism as much as he can get away with.
    Last edited by BlueK; 06-14-2018 at 06:27 PM.

  20. #1100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Jesus Christ you are nuts.
    don’t talk about your elder brother that way
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

  21. #1101
    Adventurer Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West of House
    Posts
    2,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    don’t talk about your elder brother that way
    Apologies. A moment of weakness.

    I'm going to have to give BlueK the SoonerCoug treatment soon. I've been previously deputized, so I have mandate... kinda.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK
    Trump's behavior is pretty bizarre judging against US President historical norms, but is not that abnormal by erratic third world style dictator standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK
    If you don't like the nazi comparisons just tell Donald to stop acting like one and the comparisons will go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK
    It's all part of Trump's plan anyway. He wants those disturbances so his brainwashed followers can see how he reacts and feel like they're with hIm as he overreact and paints those who disagree with him as bad people. Classic fascist dictator technique.
    As you can see I've saved some good ones, but just haven't had the time to dig deep and give BlueK the full consideration that he/she deserves.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

    I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

    Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

    You furnish the pictures, and Iíll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

  22. #1102

    Default

    I wouldn't say The Nation is pro-Trump, but Stephen Cohen is a Putin apologist, he writes for them all the time and his wife is one of the publishers. The Nation has had some serious newsroom infighting.
    A piece on Cohen:

    Eric Alterman, a journalism professor at Brooklyn College and a Nation columnist who has known Cohen for decades, calls Bukharin and the Bolshevik Revolution "one of the most consequential books of the past century." It realized "the dream of all writers to have an effect not only on world leaders but also on history itself."
    But these days, Cohen is better known for his views on a different Russian leader. In his columns and media appearances in recent years, he has become perhaps the most prominent defender of Vladimir Putin. "Putin is not a thug," he declared on CNN. "He’s not a neo-Soviet imperialist who’s trying to recreate the Soviet Union. He’s not even anti-American." The defense extends to the U.S. president, who has had some nice things to say about Putin. "The number-one threat to the United States today," Cohen told Fox News, is the continuing investigation of Trump’s ties to Russia: "There is no evidence there was any wrongdoing."

    Perspectives like that have attracted the ire of a wide array of critics. Writing in The New Republic, Isaac Chotiner called Cohen "Putin’s American apologist." Jonathan Chait in New York magazine labeled him a "dupe" and "a septuagenarian, old-school leftist who has carried on the mental habits of decades of anti-anti-communism seamlessly into a new career of anti-anti-Putinism." Cathy Young in Slate said Cohen was "repeating Russian misinformation" and "recycling this propaganda." And there are many others who share those views, even at the magazine his wife runs.

    Cohen’s ideas about Russia, which once got him invited to Camp David to advise a sitting president, now make him the most controversial expert in the field. His enemies and friends ask the same question: What happened to Stephen F. Cohen?

    https://www.chronicle.com/article/Is...Putin-s/241777
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  23. #1103

    Default

    Welp, I guess Trump set the record straight on Crimea:

    Trump Told G7 Leaders That Crimea Is Russian Because Everyone Speaks Russian In Crimea
    Trump made the remarks over dinner with other world leaders at the G7 summit in Canada.



    President Donald Trump told G7 leaders that Crimea is Russian because everyone who lives there speaks Russian, according to two diplomatic sources.

    Trump made the remarks over dinner last Friday during a discussion on foreign affairs at the G7 summit in Quebec, Canada, one of the diplomats told BuzzFeed News.

    The sources spoke on the condition of anonymity as they were not authorized to speak on the matter.

    Russia invaded and then annexed Crimea from Ukraine in 2014, leading to widespread international condemnation and sanctions. The move also directly led to Russia being kicked out of the then-G8. Russian President Vladimir Putin defended Russiaís intervention in Crimea at the time, saying that he had the right to protect Russian citizens and Russian speakers in Ukraine.

    During the dinner, Trump also seemed to question why the G7 leaders were siding with Ukraine. The president told leaders that "Ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries in the world," the source said.

    It is unclear whether Trumpís comments were throwaway remarks said in jest, or whether he was signaling a radical departure from current US foreign policy.

    The White House did not respond to a request for comment. When asked about the president's comments on Thursday, Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters at the daily press briefing she couldn't comment.

    "I'm not aware of any comment like that," Sanders said. "I know it been reported but I'm not going to comment on a private conversation I wasn't a part of."



    https://www.buzzfeed.com/albertonard...Gv5#.yegDAj95o
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  24. #1104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Apologies. A moment of weakness.

    I'm going to have to give BlueK the SoonerCoug treatment soon. I've been previously deputized, so I have mandate... kinda.







    As you can see I've saved some good ones, but just haven't had the time to dig deep and give BlueK the full consideration that he/she deserves.
    Yeah, a little hyperbole about a corrupt, morally bankrupt moron of a president is an unforgivable crime. Cry me a river.

    What his Border Patrol is doing with kids and parents right now is not hyperbole. It's immoral, repulsive and disgusting.
    Last edited by BlueK; 06-14-2018 at 07:43 PM.

  25. #1105
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    28,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Yeah, a little hyperbole about a corrupt, morally bankrupt moron of a president is an unforgivable crime. Cry me a river.

    What his Border Patrol is doing with kids and parents right now is not hyperbole. It's immoral, repulsive and disgusting.
    Wait, so you don't believe the things you say?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  26. #1106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Wait, so you don't believe the things you say?
    Is that what I said? Trump is an authoritarian who is pushing the norms as far as he can to see what he can get away with. I do believe that. My only concession to Walter was that even IF it sounds extreme to say he uses textbook aspiring dictator techniques (which I don't think is really that hyperbolic given the way he praises ruthless dictators), he's already doing some grossly immoral things like taking small kids away from their parents for daring to attempt to enter LEGALLY by asking for asylum based on horrific conditions in the country they came from. Current law has that provision and Trump and Jeff Sessions are basically trying to circumvent that.
    Last edited by BlueK; 06-14-2018 at 08:58 PM.

  27. #1107
    Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    11,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Welp, I guess Trump set the record straight on Crimea:

    Trump Told G7 Leaders That Crimea Is Russian Because Everyone Speaks Russian In Crimea
    Trump made the remarks over dinner with other world leaders at the G7 summit in Canada.

    ...
    The leadership in Belarus and Kazakhstan might be having some sleepless nights thanks to Trump's genuinely idiotic statement (I trust not even the most ardent Trump supporter who reads this would contest that characterization). More people in those countries speak Russian than either Belarusian or Kazakh, so perhaps Trump will give Putin the green light for further expansion. I've spent a little time in Crimea and work with Ukrainians and Belarusians, and I've never heard anyone speak kindly of Putin or Russia (anecdotal, I concede).

  28. #1108
    Adventurer Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West of House
    Posts
    2,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    The leadership in Belarus and Kazakhstan might be having some sleepless nights thanks to Trump's genuinely idiotic statement (I trust not even the most ardent Trump supporter who reads this would contest that characterization). More people in those countries speak Russian than either Belarusian or Kazakh, so perhaps Trump will give Putin the green light for further expansion. I've spent a little time in Crimea and work with Ukrainians and Belarusians, and I've never heard anyone speak kindly of Putin or Russia (anecdotal, I concede).
    Most people in Canada speak English... just sayin'.

    (Really I just want a Tim Horton's here in Seattle... IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!)
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

    I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

    Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

    You furnish the pictures, and Iíll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

  29. #1109
    Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    11,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Most people in Canada speak English... just sayin'.

    (Really I just want a Tim Horton's here in Seattle... IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!)
    In view of these facts, I'm confident that unless the Canucks remove the tariffs on our cheese (a grave threat to our national security, as He has declared), I say we're goin' in.

  30. #1110
    Huge Member BigPiney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    5,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Most people in Canada speak English... just sayin'.

    (Really I just want a Tim Horton's here in Seattle... IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!)
    I will be going to Canada for the first time soon. Should I seek out a Time Hortons?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •