Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1137

Thread: Comrade Trump

Kremlin Used NRA to Help Trump in 2016, Senate Report Says
    Documents suggest Moscow funneled money to Trump through the gun group, according to the judiciary committee

The Senate Judiciary Committee said Wednesday that the Russian government apparently used the National Rifle Association to help Donald Trump’s presidential campaign in 2016.

Documents suggest the Kremlin used the NRA to offer the campaign a back channel to Moscow—including a potential meeting between Trump and Vladimir Putin—and might have secretly funded Trump’s campaign, the committee said. One of the Russians named in the report even bragged she was part of the Trump campaign’s communications with Russia, The Daily Beast reported last year.

The NRA spent a record $30 million on Trump and the FBI is reportedly investigating whether any of the money came from Russia. U.S. law prohibits foreign money to be spent on elections.

Two Russian nationals figure prominently in the alleged scheme: Alexander Torshin, deputy governor of the Kremlin’s central bank, and his then-deputy Maria Butina.

Torshin met Donald Trump Jr. at the NRA’s 2016 convention in Kentucky and hosted an NRA delegation in Moscow in 2015. Torshin was previously accused by Spanish investigators of laundering money for Russian mobsters, an allegation he denied. (Last month he was sanctioned by the U.S.)

Butina founded a pro-gun group in Russia before coming to the United States in 2015 when she immediately began ingratiating herself in conservative circles. Butina started a business with NRA member and GOP activist Paul Erickson.

In May 2016, the same month Torshin met Trump Jr. at the NRA convention, Erickson emailed a Trump advisor about setting up a meeting between the candidate and Putin.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/kremli...ence-committee
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Kremlin Used NRA to Help Trump in 2016, Senate Report Says
    Documents suggest Moscow funneled money to Trump through the gun group, according to the judiciary committee

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kremli...ence-committee
    The dems are swinging this dead cat again?

I loved the last time (just last month) I heard this come up...

NRA got more money from Russia-linked sources than earlier reported

The National Rifle Association reported this week that it received more money from people with Russian ties than it has previously acknowledged, but announced that it was officially done cooperating with a congressional inquiry exploring whether illicit Kremlin-linked funding passed through the NRA and into Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) said on Wednesday.

Wyden released a letter from the NRA, dated Tuesday, in which the gun rights group reported receiving $2,512.85 in contributions and membership dues “from people associated with Russian addresses” or known Russian nationals living in the United States from 2015 to the present. In the past, a congressional aide to Wyden said, the group had confirmed receiving only one financial contribution, in the form of a lifetime membership purchased by Alexander Torshin, a Russian banker.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ey-guns-516804

OMG... the Russians donated $2,500 to the NRA!

Nevermind the fact that Hillary blew $1.2 BILLION on the election, twice that of Drumpf... and still lost to the worst candidate in history! Hmm... I wonder how much of that $1.2 billion came from people with Russian names and was spent on ugly, $10,000 pant suits.

BTW, what happened to the Stormy Daniels thing? I figured that her crack lawyer would have Drumpf impeached by now.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

'Trump's son should be concerned': FBI obtained wiretaps of Putin ally who met with Trump Jr.

The FBI has obtained secret wiretaps collected by Spanish police of conversations involving Alexander Torshin, a deputy governor of Russia’s Central Bank who has forged close ties with U.S. lawmakers and the National Rifle Association, that led to a meeting with Donald Trump Jr. during the gun lobby’s annual convention in Louisville, Ky., in May 2016, a top Spanish prosecutor said Friday.

José Grinda, who has spearheaded investigations into Spanish organized crime, said that bureau officials in recent months requested and were provided transcripts of wiretapped conversations between Torshin and Alexander Romanov, a convicted Russian money launderer. On the wiretaps, Romanov refers to Torshin as “El Padrino,” the godfather.

“Just a few months ago, the wiretaps of these telephone conversations were given to the FBI,” Grinda said in response to a question from Yahoo News during a talk he gave at the Hudson Institute, a conservative think tank in Washington. Asked if he was concerned about Torshin’s meetings with Donald Trump Jr. and other American political figures, Grinda replied: “Mr. Trump’s son should be concerned.”

The comments by Grinda were the first clear sign that the FBI may be investigating Torshin, possibly as a part of special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. Torshin — a close political ally of Vladimir Putin — had multiple contacts with conservative activists in the United States during the election, seeking to set up a summit between the Russian president and then candidate Trump. Although the summit never transpired, Torshin did meet briefly with the president’s son at a private dinner in Louisville during the May 2016 annual convention of the NRA. A member of the NRA since 2012, Torshin has been a regular attendee of the group’s conventions in recent years and hosted senior members of the group in Moscow.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-so...231215529.html

Trump's "spygate" bullcrap narrative is falling apart, even among several of his supporters.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...wdy-fbi-615196

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Trump's "spygate" bullcrap narrative is falling apart, even among several of his supporters.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...wdy-fbi-615196
    It had a good two and half day run!
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    'Trump's son should be concerned': FBI obtained wiretaps of Putin ally who met with Trump Jr.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-so...231215529.html
    OMG! Alexander Torshin met with Trump Jr and he gave the NRA some money (maybe up to $2512.85)... This derailed Hillary's $1.3 billion dollar campaign and that is why she lost! We need to send some cruise missiles into Russian now to teach those SoBs a lesson!
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    OMG! Alexander Torshin met with Trump Jr and he gave the NRA some money (maybe up to $2512.85)... This derailed Hillary's $1.3 billion dollar campaign and that is why she lost! We need to send some cruise missiles into Russian now to teach those SoBs a lesson!
    maybe just simplify things and let Russians vote in our elections instead. Why not? They deserve a voice!

maybe just simplify things and let Russians vote in our elections instead. Why not? They deserve a voice!
    Yeah, why not... the dems might like the idea of voter ID laws then.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Yeah, why not... the dems might like the idea of voter ID laws then.
    or the republicans will suddenly not care about them anymore.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

I'm replowing some old ground here, but I continue to be mystified by the Trump camp's weird claim that the Mueller investigation is "unconstitutional," although I'm allowing for the possibility that in my Con Law classes Rex Lee skipped over the relevant section of the Constitution that's being violated here.

I'm similarly mystified that Hannity et al. insist there's absolutely no collusion (even though Mueller's instructions don't include the word "collusion," referring instead to "links" or "connections" with the Russian government).

They seem to overlook that Don Jr. received an email that informed him that "The Crown prosecutor of Russia … offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father. This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump," [emphasis mine] to which Donnie responded that he loved it and wanted to meet. And after the meeting, despite denying until recently that he had done so, Trump Sr. wrote a letter, a tissue of lies, completely mischaracterizing the meeting.

It's still possible there was no actual collusion, but it's manifestly clear that Don Jr. wanted to collude, and that his dad was so concerned about what happened that he lied about it. Why has Trump been acting like a guilty person since the beginning?

Again, nothing new here, but I'm becoming increasingly annoyed by Trump's and Hannity's idiotic claims, and grieve that so many Americans accept them as gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I'm replowing some old ground here, but I continue to be mystified by the Trump camp's weird claim that the Mueller investigation is "unconstitutional," although I'm allowing for the possibility that in my Con Law classes Rex Lee skipped over the relevant section of the Constitution that's being violated here.

I'm similarly mystified that Hannity et al. insist there's absolutely no collusion (even though Mueller's instructions don't include the word "collusion," referring instead to "links" or "connections" with the Russian government).

They seem to overlook that Don Jr. received an email that informed him that "The Crown prosecutor of Russia … offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father. This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump," [emphasis mine] to which Donnie responded that he loved it and wanted to meet. And after the meeting, despite denying until recently that he had done so, Trump Sr. wrote a letter, a tissue of lies, completely mischaracterizing the meeting.

It's still possible there was no actual collusion, but it's manifestly clear that Don Jr. wanted to collude, and that his dad was so concerned about what happened that he lied about it. Why has Trump been acting like a guilty person since the beginning?

Again, nothing new here, but I'm becoming increasingly annoyed by Trump's and Hannity's idiotic claims, and grieve that so many Americans accept them as gospel.
    Agreed. some people you wish would expand beyond Fox and Breitbart as their "news" sources. They keep saying there is no evidence, which is asinine. Only looking at what has been made public shows a mountain of public evidence already of shady connections between Trump's people and Russian oligarchs with direct ties to Putin. Just one example among dozens: why did Jared Kushner need to set up secret meetings in far off places like the Seychelles to set up "back channels" with Russian agents? Trump has acted guilty the whole time because he knows the truth is even worse for him than the rumors.
    Last edited by BlueK; 06-04-2018 at 02:23 PM.

Agreed. some people you wish would expand beyond Fox and Breitbart as their "news" sources. They keep saying there is no evidence, which is asinine. Only looking at what has been made public shows a mountain of public evidence already of shady connections between Trump's people and Russian oligarchs with direct ties to Putin. Just one example among dozens: why did Jared Kushner need to set up secret meetings in far off places like the Seychelles to set up "back channels" with Russian agents? Trump has acted guilty the whole time because he knows the truth is even worse for him than the rumors.
    incoming whatabout Hillary Obama TedBot
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    incoming whatabout Hillary Obama TedBot
    It's been almost 20 minutes. Must be offline.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    He’s searching Twitter and 4chan for his talking points/memes.

Hey, so when are they going to release the dirt the Ruskies had on Clinton? Given they bugged Drumpf Tower and had spies "informants" embedded in the Drumpf campaign team they must have a copy of the dirt somewhere. Damn you FBI, release the Hillary dirt!

BTW, just how did Drumpf beat the most qualified presidential candidate ever without using this incriminating dirt on her from the Ruskies anyway?
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I have to take a bathroom break sometime.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Hey, so when are they going to release the dirt the Ruskies had on Clinton? Given they bugged Drumpf Tower and had spies "informants" embedded in the Drumpf campaign team they must have a copy of the dirt somewhere. Damn you FBI, release the Hillary dirt!

BTW, just how did Drumpf beat the most qualified presidential candidate ever without using this incriminating dirt on her from the Ruskies anyway?
    Your obsession with a former Secretary of State and presidential candidate (for whom I didn't vote and about whom I care not a whit) and using her baggage (which is ample) to defend a sitting President is frankly weird. But as long as we're asking rhetorical questions, why has Trump behaved like a guilty person since day one? Why did he write a patently false explanation of the Trump Tower meeting and deny having done so?

Your obsession with a former Secretary of State and presidential candidate (for whom I didn't vote and about whom I care not a whit) and using her baggage (which is ample) to defend a sitting President is frankly weird. But as long as we're asking rhetorical questions, why has Trump behaved like a guilty person since day one? Why did he write a patently false explanation of the Trump Tower meeting and deny having done so?
    You are dodging my questions... Given Drumpf Jr met with the Russians and they told him they had some dirt that was obviously going to win the election for his father then this raises some questions:

(1) Where is the dirt?

(2) Why didn't the Drumpf campaign use the dirt?

(3) How did Drumpf win without the dirt?

I want answers, damnit!
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

You are dodging my questions... Given Drumpf Jr met with the Russians and they told him they had some dirt that was obviously going to win the election for his father then this raises some questions:

(1) Where is the dirt?

(2) Why didn't the Drumpf campaign use the dirt?

(3) How did Drumpf win without the dirt?

I want answers, damnit!
    So do I! So I'll go first, and then await yours.

1. Don Jr. didn't receive any dirt, which no doubt was profoundly disappointing to him. As I noted (and this is demonstrably true), Don Jr. WANTED to collude but based only on what we know so far, he was unable to do so because the Russkies did a bait and switch.

2. They couldn't use what they didn't have. That said, there's whiff of some chicanery here, given that at different times Giuliani and Drumpf spoke of terrible news coming about Clinton in advance of Wikileaks revelations. And I'm unsure about this, but didn't Drumpf mention some dirt coming out about Clinton in advance of the Trump Tower meeting? Again, not sure but I thought I'd read that.

3. Drumpf won the electoral vote by skillfully recognizing the discontent among white blue collar workers and playing on that, characterizing himself (perhaps the world's greatest self-promoter) as their savior ("And I alone can fix it!"). And miraculously, he was able to overcome the 5,000,000 unlawful votes in favor of Hillary of which the incompetent election review commission he appointed was able to produce not even a mustard seed of evidence.

Your turn.

So do I! So I'll go first, and then await yours.

1. Don Jr. didn't receive any dirt, which no doubt was profoundly disappointing to him. As I noted (and this is demonstrably true), Don Jr. WANTED to collude but based only on what we know so far, he was unable to do so because the Russkies did a bait and switch.
    Oh, so Drumpf Jr only wanted to collude with the Ruskies but didn't? So it is a crime to want to collude with the Russians but not actually do it? (Its seems like I have seen a movie about this... Something about future crimes.) Sounds like let another big, juicy (and expensive) nothing burger to me.

2. They couldn't use what they didn't have. That said, there's whiff of some chicanery here, given that at different times Giuliani and Drumpf spoke of terrible news coming about Clinton in advance of Wikileaks revelations. And I'm unsure about this, but didn't Drumpf mention some dirt coming out about Clinton in advance of the Trump Tower meeting? Again, not sure but I thought I'd read that.
    Drumpf was always saying crap about "Crooked Hillary". Maybe Barron Drumpf also guessed Podesta's password? You know Barron has computers and is really good with them. It's unbelievable. I can totally believe that Barron could guess Podesta's password as well. Of course, I can believe about any 10 year old could guess that password and it wouldn't take an army of Russian hackers to do it.

3. Drumpf won the electoral vote by skillfully recognizing the discontent among white blue collar workers and playing on that, characterizing himself (perhaps the world's greatest self-promoter) as their savior ("And I alone can fix it!"). And miraculously, he was able to overcome the 5,000,000 unlawful votes in favor of Hillary of which the incompetent election review commission he appointed was able to produce not even a mustard seed of evidence.

Your turn.
    So you are saying that, with less than half of the campaign budget of Hillary, Drumpf was able to "skillfully" out campaign her and appealed to the largest pool of voters. The worst candidate ever promised them salvation and they believed it? Now he is wreaked the economy, delivered on none of his promises, and spends all his time in his "southern white house". I bet all these blue collar workers that wasted their vote on Drumpf are pissed off now!

You need to talk to Frank, man... It was the Russians.
    Last edited by Uncle Ted; 06-04-2018 at 06:16 PM.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I don't understand Uncle Ted.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    All you need to know about him is that he desperately wants us all to go full libertarian. The best way to do that is to attack both political sides fairly equally, no matter how false or crazy the claim. If Hillary had won and everyone started attacking her, no doubt his posts would claim that Trump is as corrupt as her.

He hopes that with enough cartoons and memes that show the right is as corrupt as the left, we will unplug and finally understand the real world. And vote for Ron Paul, I suppose.

You are not expected to.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

All you need to know about him is that he desperately wants us all to go full libertarian. The best way to do that is to attack both political sides fairly equally, no matter how false or crazy the claim. If Hillary had won and everyone started attacking her, no doubt his posts would claim that Trump is as corrupt as her.

He hopes that with enough cartoons and memes that show the right is as corrupt as the left, we will unplug and finally understand the real world. And vote for Ron Paul, I suppose.
    You're giving him too much credit.

Suomalainen New Mexican Disaster's Avatar

No one does.

Oh, so Drumpf Jr only wanted to collude with the Ruskies but didn't? So it is a crime to want to collude with the Russians but not actually do it? (Its seems like I have seen a movie about this... Something about future crimes.) Sounds like let another big, juicy (and expensive) nothing burger to me.
    Sorry, had to take a three-hour bathroom break. I haven't accused Jr. of committing a crime. I simply wrote that the claim by Trump and Hannity (and you, apparently), that the Mueller investigation is unconstitutional and a groundless witch hunt is absurd, given that one of the principals is on record as wanting to collude with the Russian government, and attending a meeting along with other Trump team members with that specific intent. I continue to remain open to the idea that the Trumps failed in their attempt to collude and thus aren't guilty of any related crime, but based on those facts alone (and there are others) I think it's inarguable they provided ample grounds for an investigation to be launched.

Drumpf was always saying crap about "Crooked Hillary". Maybe Barron Drumpf also guessed Podesta's password? You know Barron has computers and is really good with them. It's unbelievable. I can totally believe that Barron could guess Podesta's password as well. Of course, I can believe about any 10 year old could guess that password and it wouldn't take an army of Russian hackers to do it.
    I have no idea what you're going for here, but I'm sure that with the right audience, it kills.

So you are saying that, with less than half of the campaign budget of Hillary, Drumpf was able to "skillfully" out campaign her and appealed to the largest pool of voters. The worst candidate ever promised them salvation and they believed it? Now he is wreaked the economy, delivered on none of his promises, and spends all his time in his "southern white house". I bet all these blue collar workers that wasted their vote on Drumpf are pissed off now! ...
    Again, not sure what you're doing here but yes, Drumpf ran a smarter campaign and Hillary was a terrible candidate with an inept campaign team. And I'm not disappointed with everything he has done, and hold out hope (with considerable skepticism) we'll get out of this in relatively good shape. Let's wait until Mueller's investigation runs its course, and a couple more years of his presidency, before we jump to any conclusions.

How are your answers to my questions coming along? Actually, forget it as I doubt I'd understand the response.

Sorry, had to take a three-hour bathroom break. I haven't accused Jr. of committing a crime. I simply wrote that the claim by Trump and Hannity (and you, apparently), that the Mueller investigation is unconstitutional and a groundless witch hunt is absurd, given that one of the principals is on record as wanting to collude with the Russian government, and attending a meeting along with other Trump team members with that specific intent. I continue to remain open to the idea that the Trumps failed in their attempt to collude and thus aren't guilty of any related crime, but based on those facts alone (and there are others) I think it's inarguable they provided ample grounds for an investigation to be launched.
    I have said nothing about the Mueller investigation being unconstitutional. I have only stated it is costing the good tax payers of this country a good deal of money and has little to show for it. Sure there has been indictments handed out for 13 Russians "trolls" but do we have anyone locked up yet.

And where are the indictments for the foreign citizens working with the DNC/Clinton on trying to influence the election?

Does Mueller Indictment Mean Clinton Campaign Can Be Indicted for Chris Steele?

Special Counsel Robert Mueller indicted foreign citizens for trying to influence the American public about an election because those citizens did not register as a foreign agent nor record their financial expenditures to the Federal Elections Commission. By that theory, when will Mueller indict Christopher Steele, FusionGPS, PerkinsCoie, the DNC and the Clinton Campaign? Mueller’s indictment against 13 Russian trolls claimed their social media political activity was criminal because: they were foreign citizens; they tried to influence an election; and they neither registered under the Foreign Agents Registration Act nor reported their funding to the Federal Elections Commission.

First, if Mueller’s theory is correct, three things make Steele a criminal: first, he is a foreign citizen; second, he tried to influence an election, which he received payments to do (including from the FBI itself); and third, he neither registered as a foreign agent nor listed his receipts and expenditures to the Federal Election Commission. Also, according to the FBI, along the way, Steele lied…a lot, while the dossier he disseminated contained its own lies based on bought-and-paid for smears from foreign sources reliant on rumors and innuendo.

Second, if Mueller’s theory is correct, three things make FusionGPS a criminal co-conspirator: it knew Steele was a foreign citizen; it knew, and paid, Steele to influence an election; and it knew, and facilitated, Steele neither registering as a foreign agent nor reporting his funding from the Democratic National Committee and the Clinton campaign to the Federal Election Commission.

Third, if Mueller’s theory is correct, then three things make PerkinsCoie a potential target: it knew Steele was a foreign citizen; it knew, and paid, Steele to influence an election; and it knew, and facilitated, Steele neither registering as a foreign agent nor reporting his funding from the Democratic National Committee and the Clinton campaign to the Federal Election Commission, by disguising its receipt of payments from the Clinton campaign as a “legal expense.”

Fourth, if Mueller’s theory is correct, then three things make the DNC a potential target: it knew Steele was a foreign citizen; it knew, and paid, Steele to influence an election; and it knew, and facilitated, Steele neither registering as a foreign agent nor reporting his funding from the Democratic National Committee and the Clinton campaign to the Federal Election Commission, by disguising its payments to Steele as laundered legal expenses to a law firm.

Fifth, if Mueller’s theory is correct, three things make the Clinton Campaign a potential target: it knew Steele was a foreign citizen; it knew, and paid, Steele to influence an election; and it knew, and facilitated, Steele neither registering as a foreign agent nor reporting his funding from the Clinton campaign to the Federal Election Commission, by disguising its funding of payments to Steele laundered through a law firm as a “legal expense.”
    https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/does...-chris-steele/

IIRC, Steele was also working with Russians to gather the information he put in his dossier. OMG... THE RUSSIANS AGAIN!

Let's hope that Mueller does run a complete and fair investigation so the tax payers might get at least something for their money.

I have no idea what you're going for here, but I'm sure that with the right audience, it kills.
    Again, I'll spell it out for you in simple terms... Anyone (including their dog) could have guessed Podesta's password. Podesta might as well just posted his email on a public forum. Given the great lack of security demonstrated by the Clinton campaign and the fact that the DNC did not let the FBI examine their server they can really only blame themselves for the losing all their email to wikileaks and the rest of the world. In short, it would not be surprising if multiple parties had their email and copies were passed around on the dark web and the not so dark web. It would not be surprising if the Drumpf campaign had their own copy before a copy was posted on wikileaks. It would not be surprising if the Clinton campaign (AKA the DNC) knew their emails were compromised before wikileaks. (In fact, IIRC the FBI told them this.)

(Edit: Yes, let's not underestimate Giuliani's hand in this... The dude has his own security company full of "white hats": http://www.giulianisecurity.com His team could have very likely found the DNC/Clinton emails floating around the interwebs long before anything was posted up on wikileaks.)

Again, not sure what you're doing here but yes, Drumpf ran a smarter campaign and Hillary was a terrible candidate with an inept campaign team. And I'm not disappointed with everything he has done, and hold out hope (with considerable skepticism) we'll get out of this in relatively good shape. Let's wait until Mueller's investigation runs its course, and a couple more years of his presidency, before we jump to any conclusions.

How are your answers to my questions coming along? Actually, forget it as I doubt I'd understand the response.
    So given Drumpf and Hillary you are saying that Drumpf is clearly the better of the two... Thank you for confirming what I have been saying all along.
    Last edited by Uncle Ted; 06-05-2018 at 07:21 AM.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

...So given Drumpf and Hillary you are saying that Drumpf is clearly the better of the two... Thank you for confirming what I have been saying all along.
    If by "better" you mean "more effective campaigner," I don't anyone here has claimed otherwise.

If by "better" you mean "more effective campaigner," I don't anyone here has claimed otherwise.
    If one is an effective campaigner then one might be an effective candidate and person for the job... no? On the other hand, if one screws up the campaign (even after they are given the debate questions beforehand and have all that campaign money) then they just demonstrated they will most likely screw up being the most powerful person in the world (even if folks claim that they are the most qualified person ever). In short, campaigning is the process of being interviewed for the job by the American people. Don't f*ck up the interview.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

If one is an effective campaigner then one might be an effective candidate and person for the job... no? On the other hand, if one screws up the campaign (even after they are given the debate questions beforehand and have all that campaign money) then they just demonstrated they will most likely screw up being the most powerful person in the world (even if folks claim that they are the most qualified person ever). In short, campaigning is the process of being interviewed for the job by the American people. Don't f*ck up the interview.
    Logic fail. Reboot the bot!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster