No announcement yet.

Comrade Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this is true, that should qualify as scandalous, but I'm not sure enough Republicans would care to do something about it.

Report Suggests Trump Told Flynn to Lie to the FBI

It has never been clear what crimes, if any, Donald Trump might have personally committed in the course of the Russia scandal. But in the 24th paragraph of a new NBC News report on the investigation is a sentence that indicates Robert Mueller’s cleanest shot — so far — at proving illegality by the president. Mueller, NBC reports, “appears to be interested in whether Trump directed [Michael Flynn] to lie to senior officials, including Pence, or the FBI, and if so why, the sources said.”

This could be very important. Here’s what it means.

In December 2016, Flynn sat at the center of hidden diplomacy between the Trump transition team and Russia. The departing Obama administration was putting into place sanctions to punish Russia for its criminal theft of emails. The Trump team was quietly telling Russia not to retaliate because it would reverse or undermine those sanctions. Flynn conveyed this message to Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak in December. The next month he denied doing so to FBI agents.

Two days after that, Sally Yates, the acting attorney general, met with White House counsel Don McGahn and told him about Flynn’s lie, which she had learned of through FBI surveillance of Russia. The danger of the lie was extreme. Since the Russians were privy to the conversation Flynn had denied ever having, they knew he was lying, and thus had powerful blackmail leverage over him.

And yet, despite having been informed that the incoming national security adviser was an extreme security risk, the White House responded with strange lethargy. Flynn remained on the job for 18 more days, and was finally fired, supposedly for lying to Vice-President Mike Pence. Trump nonetheless praised Flynn effusively, and reportedly later conveyed the message he should “stay strong.”

There are many questions around this episode, but the most pertinent ones concern why Flynn would behave so recklessly. He took a big risk by speaking with the Russians, violating the Logan Act, which prohibits private citizens from “influenc[ing] the measures or conduct of any foreign government” or “defeat[ing] the measures of the United States.” Flynn’s career in intelligence work would have made him perfectly aware of the high likelihood that his conversation was being surveilled. He took a second additional risk by allegedly lying about this to the FBI

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...o-the-fbi.html

Comment

• Frank, is this fake news?

Wife of demoted DOJ official worked for firm behind anti-Trump dossier

A senior Justice Department official demoted last week for concealing his meetings with the men behind the anti-Trump “dossier” had even closer ties to Fusion GPS, the firm responsible for the incendiary document, than have been disclosed, Fox News has confirmed: The official’s wife worked for Fusion GPS during the 2016 election.

Contacted by Fox News, investigators for the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI) confirmed that Nellie H. Ohr, wife of the demoted official, Bruce G. Ohr, worked for the opposition research firm last year. The precise nature of Mrs. Ohr’s duties – including whether she worked on the dossier – remains unclear but a review of her published works available online reveals Mrs. Ohr has written extensively on Russia-related subjects. HPSCI staff confirmed to Fox News that she was paid by Fusion GPS through the summer and fall of 2016.

Fusion GPS has attracted scrutiny because Republican lawmakers have spent the better part of this year investigating whether the dossier, which was funded by the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee, served as the basis for the Justice Department and the FBI to obtain FISA surveillance last year on a Trump campaign adviser named Carter Page.

“The House Intelligence Committee,” Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., told Fox News in a statement on Monday, “is looking into all facets of the connections between the Department of Justice and Fusion GPS, including Mr. Ohr.”

Until Dec. 6, when Fox News began making inquiries about him, Bruce Ohr held two titles at DOJ. He was, and remains, director of the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force; but his other job was far more senior. Mr. Ohr held the rank of associate deputy attorney general, a post that gave him an office four doors down from Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. The day before Fox News reported that Mr. Ohr held his secret meetings last year with the founder of Fusion GPS, Glenn Simpson, and with Christopher Steele, the former British spy who compiled the dossier, the Justice Department stripped Ohr of his deputy title and ousted him from his fourth floor office at the building that DOJ insiders call “Main Justice.”
      [...]
      Contacted by Fox News late Monday, DOJ officials declined to comment.

Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., the ranking Democrat on the intelligence committee, declined to comment on the original disclosure about Mr. Ohr’s secret meetings, and did not immediately respond to a request for comment about Mrs. Ohr.

While Nunes has issued numerous subpoenas to DOJ and FBI relating to the dossier, and has threatened contempt-of-Congress citations against Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray for what congressional Republicans have termed “stonewalling” by the two agencies, Schiff has mostly objected to the demands for documents and witnesses, casting the entire dossier probe as innately political. “I think there's a hope that if they can impeach Christopher Steele, and they can impeach the FBI and DOJ, maybe they can impeach the whole Russia investigation,” Schiff told MSNBC in September.
      http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...p-dossier.html

It seems that now Nunes is "back in the saddle" he has an "axe to grind".
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• What's with the sudden fire Mueller hysteria over.on Fox News? Jeanine Pirro screaming that the investigators should be taken out in handcuffs? Crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
          What's with the sudden fire Mueller hysteria over.on Fox News? Jeanine Pirro screaming that the investigators should be taken out in handcuffs? Crazy.
          Apparently Pirro is close to Trump. Carl Bernstein has said it seems like Fux News is abetting a cover up.

Comment

• Jailed Russian hacker: I hacked Democrats 'under the command' of Russian intelligence agents

A Russian hacker told a Moscow court in August that he was ordered to hack the Democratic National Committee by Russian intelligence agents at the FSB.
            The hacker was arrested in mid-2016 on charges relating to his work with a notorious hacking collective.
            Kozlovsky's work with the FSB could undermine the Kremlin's repeated claims that it had nothing to do with DNC hacks in late 2015

The hacker, Konstantin Kozlovsky, told a Moscow court in August of this year that his nine-member hacking group — which has been accused of stealing over $17 million from Russia's largest financial institutions since 2013 — has been cooperating with the FSB for several years, according to the independent Russian news outlet The Bell. Part of that cooperation included hacking the DNC, he said.

Kozlovsky said during a hearing on August 15 that he "performed various tasks under the supervision of FSB officers," including a DNC hack and cyberattacks on "very serious military enterprises of the United States and other organizations."

Minutes from the hearing, as well as an audio recording, were posted on Kozlovsky's Facebook page. The Bell said it confirmed their authenticity with two sources, including a person who was present at the hearing. Kozlovsky also posted a letter that he wrote on November 1, 2016. The letter outlined what he said was his work for the FSB, which he said had spanned nearly a decade and, most recently, involved attacking the DNC servers.

Kozlovsky identified his FSB handler as Dmitry Dokuchaev, a cybersecurity expert who worked as a hacker under the alias "Forb" before joining the FSB. Dokuchaev has been linked to a group of hackers known as Shaltai Boltai, or Humpty Dumpty, that has published emails from Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev and other Kremlin officials.
            http://www.businessinsider.com/russi...igence-2017-12

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              Fux News is abetting a cover up.
              Yup. Sometimes it really seems like they're working in concert with the White House. Now they're talking about how there needs to be an independent counsel to investigate the DoJ. Laughable. Why do they need to freak out so much if it isn't that they know there is a lot more to come which will likely implicate King Trump. If there was really nothing there they'd just be ignoring it.

Comment

Jailed Russian hacker: I hacked Democrats 'under the command' of Russian intelligence agents

A Russian hacker told a Moscow court in August that he was ordered to hack the Democratic National Committee by Russian intelligence agents at the FSB.
                The hacker was arrested in mid-2016 on charges relating to his work with a notorious hacking collective.
                Kozlovsky's work with the FSB could undermine the Kremlin's repeated claims that it had nothing to do with DNC hacks in late 2015

Let me get this straight... the Russian government bags a hacker and he tells the russian court that he is one of Putin's boys paid to hack the DNC? Sounds like a credible witness. BTW, shouldn't he already be dead for ratting on Putin?
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  Let me get this straight... the Russian government bags a hacker and he tells the russian court that he is one of Putin's boys paid to hack the DNC? Sounds like a credible witness. BTW, shouldn't he already be dead for ratting on Putin?
                  So who do you think is in charge of this global conspiracy to badmouth and falsely accuse Putin, Uncle Ted? Gotta be the Clinton Foundation, right?

:foilhat:
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Jailed Russian hacker: I hacked Democrats 'under the command' of Russian intelligence agents

So by hacking for the FSB does he mean guessing that Podesta's password is "Password?"
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      So who do you think is in charge of this global conspiracy to badmouth and falsely accuse Putin, Uncle Ted? Gotta be the Clinton Foundation, right?

:foilhat:

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                        So by hacking for the FSB does he mean guessing that Podesta's password is "Password?"
                        I know you’re trying to be cute, but acting like this isn’t a concerning issue is pretty lame on your part. That action wasn’t the only hacking done by these people. Who cares if it has hard or easy for the hackers when discussing how troubling it is that it happened? I’m guessing you are just trolling at this point.

Comment

I know you’re trying to be cute, but acting like this isn’t a concerning issue is pretty lame on your part. That action wasn’t the only hacking done by these people. Who cares if it has hard or easy for the hackers when discussing how troubling it is that it happened? I’m guessing you are just trolling at this point.
                          It might very well be serious. Serious enough that Podesta should have chosen a serious password; serious enough that CLinton shouldnt have kept classified infomration on a server in a closet in New jersey; serious enough that some modicum of protection should have been taken by the DNC.

Look, Frank, this is simply not Trump news, IMO. You don't think the Russians (and other countries) have tried to get whatever info they could about elections and other political processes for many years? You don't think we have done the same thing? So why is this in the Comrade Trump thread? You think that Putin became all woke because Trump was running? Doubtful.

DNC had pretty poor security. DNC got 'hacked.' Russians used 'hackers' to do 'hacking.' Film at 11.
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

It might very well be serious. Serious enough that Podesta should have chosen a serious password; serious enough that CLinton shouldnt have kept classified infomration on a server in a closet in New jersey; serious enough that some modicum of protection should have been taken by the DNC.

Look, Frank, this is simply not Trump news, IMO. You don't think the Russians (and other countries) have tried to get whatever info they could about elections and other political processes for many years? You don't think we have done the same thing? So why is this in the Comrade Trump thread? You think that Putin became all woke because Trump was running? Doubtful.

DNC had pretty poor security. DNC got 'hacked.' Russians used 'hackers' to do 'hacking.' News at 11.
                            Lol at calling Putin “all woke.” It’s plenty obvious that Putin wanted Trump. And so it’s ok if other countries bombers us, because we bombed them before?

Comment

Lol at calling Putin “all woke.” It’s plenty obvious that Putin wanted Trump. And so it’s ok if other countries bombers us, because we bombed them before?
                              Is that what I said? Let me help with the answer for you: No. I did not say that. Obviously I would prefer Russia keep its ugly bear nose out of our business.

But here is the reality: Putin/Russia likely has a dog in every election. We have interests in most other countries' elections too. I have no doubt the Russian have done this before. And I also have no doubt that the Russians have been very happy about the outcome of prior elections. Comrade Jimmy Carter, anyone? But so what? Are you suggesting Trump helped the hacker hack Podesta by phishing his password or in some other fashion? If not, then why is this 'news' in this thread?
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

DNC had pretty poor security. DNC got 'hacked.' Russians used 'hackers' to do 'hacking.' Film at 11.
                                Clinton didn't keep classified information on a server in a closet in New Jersey... It was in a bathroom in Denver.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X