Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 2246

Thread: Comrade Trump

  1. #1831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Heh. frank throwing in the towel too.
    "I say let's have dedicated thread for discussing all things Trump and Russia."


    By "all things" it clearly doesn't mean anything related to brilliant Trump diplomacy in North Korea using the advice of Putin's foreign minister. Good call.
    Last edited by BlueK; 03-01-2019 at 07:43 AM.

  2. #1832
    Adventurer Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West of House
    Posts
    3,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    "I say let's have dedicated thread for discussing all things Trump and Russia."


    By "all things" it clearly doesn't mean anything related to brilliant Trump diplomacy in North Korea using the advice of Putin's foreign adviser. Good call.
    D0dRo_NUcAAGi21.jpg
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

    I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

    Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

    You furnish the pictures, and Iíll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

  3. #1833
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    48,845

    Default

    Haha. Good work, Comrade Walter.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  4. #1834
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    15,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Heh. frank throwing in the towel too.
    I'm on your side! I even started a thread just for you!
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  5. #1835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Heh. frank throwing in the towel too.
    Donít be so daft.

  6. #1836
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    15,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Don’t be so daft.
    NOBODY TALKS SHIT ABOUT RUSSIA IF WALTER OR I HAVE ANY SAY IN THE MATTER!
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  7. #1837

    Default

    Trump administration has refused request for releasing documents related to security clearance shennanigans.

    White House counsel Pat Cipollone sent a letter to House Oversight chairman Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) on Tuesday rejecting the committee's request for documents on the process for granting security clearances to White House personnel, calling their demands "unprecedented and extraordinarily intrusive."

    "Although we are prepared to continue negotiations in good faith, the Committee seeks unilateral concessions without any offer of accommodation on its part, and then complains that the White House has refused to simply tum over everything the Committee inappropriately seeks. These actions suggest that the Committee is not interested in proper oversight, but rather seeks information that it knows cannot be provided consistent with applicable law. We will not concede the Executive's constitutional prerogatives or allow the Committee to jeopardize the individual privacy rights of current and fo1mer Executive Branch employees."
    Show less
    Why it matters: The House Oversight Committee announced in January that it would investigate the White House and Trump transition team's process of granting security clearances "in response to grave breaches of national security at the highest levels of the Trump Administration." Cipollone's letter is likely the first of many confrontations to come, as Democrats intent on probing every corner of Trump's life, business and presidency begin to ramp up their investigations.

    Cummings said last week that this would be his final voluntary request for the administration before the committee begins to issue subpoenas, per Politico.
    In a statement responding to Cipollone, Cummings said: "The White House's argument defies the Constitutional separation of powers, decades of precedent before this Committee, and just plain common-sense. The White House security clearance system is broken, and it needs both congressional oversight and legislative reform."
    https://www.axios.com/white-house-re...1f240c28f.html

  8. #1838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Trump administration has refused request for releasing documents related to security clearance shennanigans.



    https://www.axios.com/white-house-re...1f240c28f.html
    The unnecessary harassment of this administration from democrats and the media is in need of oversight and reform.

  9. #1839
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    29,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    The unnecessary harassment of this administration from democrats and the media is in need of oversight and reform.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  10. #1840
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    15,820

    Default

    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  11. #1841

  12. #1842

    Default

    That poll was conducted to harass this poor, picked on trump administration. Can’t they be left alone?

  13. #1843
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    15,820

    Default

    I can't believe all those vaginas harassing Trump's poor little hands. This guy needs a break!
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  14. #1844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    That poll was conducted to harass this poor, picked on trump administration. Can’t they be left alone?
    https://www.ais-cpa.com/tax-fraud-by...rump-timeline/

    His own fans are not really even denying he's a crook when it comes to business. They just don't care.

  15. #1845
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    15,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    https://www.ais-cpa.com/tax-fraud-by...rump-timeline/

    His own fans are not really even denying he's a crook when it comes to business. They just don't care.
    I guess in the end it's easier to say you are cool with him being a POS than denying that he is one- that much is undeniable.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  16. #1846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    I guess in the end it's easier to say you are cool with him being a POS than denying that he is one- that much is undeniable.
    According to financial records Michael Cohen just provided Congress last week, in 2012 Trump overvalued a property for the purpose of getting a loan from Deutsche Bank. He said it was worth $291 million, when the latest local tax appraisal at the time said it was worth $18 million. Then in 2016 when running for president, on his financial disclosure forms he listed it at $25 million. One of these numbers is not like the others...

  17. #1847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    According to financial records Michael Cohen just provided Congress last week, in 2012 Trump overvalued a property for the purpose of getting a loan from Deutsche Bank. He said it was worth $291 million, when the latest local tax appraisal at the time said it was worth $18 million. Then in 2016 when running for president, on his financial disclosure forms he listed it at $25 million. One of these numbers is not like the others...
    Why didn't you note that it was on a loan application that went no where?

  18. #1848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    Why didn't you note that it was on a loan application that went no where?
    How is that even relevant? Knowingly providing false info on a loan app is illegal even if you don't get the loan.
    Last edited by BlueK; 03-06-2019 at 02:51 PM.

  19. #1849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    How is that even relevant? Knowingly providing false info on a loan app is illegal even if you don't get the loan.
    The problem is this one doesn't pass the smell test. Real estate values on loan applications are heavily scrutinized. A $20MM properly listed at $291MM? If Trump was really pulling a fast one on Deutsche Bank, why didn't they go after him for it? Yet here you are trumpeting it as evidence Trump is a criminal. To me, that was evidence that Cohen is a blowhard.

  20. #1850
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    29,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    According to financial records Michael Cohen just provided Congress last week, in 2012 Trump overvalued a property for the purpose of getting a loan from Deutsche Bank. He said it was worth $291 million, when the latest local tax appraisal at the time said it was worth $18 million. Then in 2016 when running for president, on his financial disclosure forms he listed it at $25 million. One of these numbers is not like the others...
    Fair market value and tax assessment value are not equivalent. Assessment values are often much lower than fair market.

    But of course, $291M to $18M is a pretty wide discrepancy.... Maybe $18M was the land only.
    Last edited by falafel; 03-06-2019 at 03:58 PM.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  21. #1851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    The problem is this one doesn't pass the smell test. Real estate values on loan applications are heavily scrutinized. A $20MM properly listed at $291MM? If Trump was really pulling a fast one on Deutsche Bank, why didn't they go after him for it? Yet here you are trumpeting it as evidence Trump is a criminal. To me, that was evidence that Cohen is a blowhard.
    So you're saying you think it's more likely Cohen falsified the records he presented to Congress? It's just funny that Trump is involved but it's someone else who is more likely to be the blowhard.

    Also, Deutsche Bank has their own legal problems as the feds have gone after them hard in recent years for their money laundering activities. Maybe they didn't think it was worth it to get mixed up in the US legal system over it.
    Last edited by BlueK; 03-06-2019 at 04:00 PM.

  22. #1852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    So you're saying you think it's more likely Cohen falsified the records he presented to Congress? It's just funny that Trump is involved but it's someone else who is more likely to be the blowhard.

    Also, Deutsche Bank has their own legal problems as the feds have gone after them hard in recent years for their money laundering activities. Maybe they didn't think it was worth it to get mixed up in the US legal system over it.
    It's a bizarre claim by a blowhard about a blowhard that may or may not have been a crime but it ultimately had no victim and is probably past the statute of limitations. Whatever. If you want to say Trump is a criminal, fine. But find something better to back it up.

  23. #1853
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    10,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    According to financial records Michael Cohen just provided Congress last week, in 2012 Trump overvalued a property for the purpose of getting a loan from Deutsche Bank. He said it was worth $291 million, when the latest local tax appraisal at the time said it was worth $18 million. Then in 2016 when running for president, on his financial disclosure forms he listed it at $25 million. One of these numbers is not like the others...
    Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    The problem is this one doesn't pass the smell test. Real estate values on loan applications are heavily scrutinized. A $20MM properly listed at $291MM? If Trump was really pulling a fast one on Deutsche Bank, why didn't they go after him for it? Yet here you are trumpeting it as evidence Trump is a criminal. To me, that was evidence that Cohen is a blowhard.
    If Deutsche Bank didn't extend credit to him, then why would "they" have gone after him for the purported fraud? Not sure who you mean by "they". Deutsche didn't lose anything on the deal, so Deutsche doesn't really benefit from reporting it and/or assisting in the prosecution.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  24. #1854
    Adventurer Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West of House
    Posts
    3,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    It's a bizarre claim by a blowhard about a blowhard that may or may not have been a crime but it ultimately had no victim and is probably past the statute of limitations. Whatever. If you want to say Trump is a criminal, fine. But find something better to back it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    If Deutsche Bank didn't extend credit to him, then why would "they" have gone after him for the purported fraud? Not sure who you mean by "they". Deutsche didn't lose anything on the deal, so Deutsche doesn't really benefit from reporting it and/or assisting in the prosecution.
    Two apologists for Putin. Not sure how can live with yourselves.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

    I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

    Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

    You furnish the pictures, and Iíll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

  25. #1855
    CS Institutional Memory Jarid in Cedar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Up on western high
    Posts
    12,952

    Default

    Trump exaggerating about the size of something... Shocking
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

    "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

    "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

    -Rick Majerus

  26. #1856
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    15,820

    Default

    How is Trump any less of a criminal than the guy from the Fyre Festival who is sitting in jail right now? Some of you with the Cheeto breath are killing me in here...
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  27. #1857
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    10,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Two apologists for Putin. Not sure how can live with yourselves.
    I thought I was explaining why Trump's (alleged) fraud would have gone unprosecuted. Didn't realize I was covering for Putin.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  28. #1858
    Adventurer Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West of House
    Posts
    3,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Didn't realize I was covering for Putin.
    Trump/Putin apologists rarely do. BlueK or frank will connect the dots for you... don't you worry.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

    I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

    Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

    You furnish the pictures, and Iíll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

  29. #1859
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    10,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Trump/Putin apologists rarely do. BlueK or frank will connect the dots for you... don't you worry.
    I wasn't worried.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  30. #1860
    Adventurer Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West of House
    Posts
    3,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    I wasn't worried.
    Playing it cool. I dig. So are you pouring the Vodka, or am I?
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

    I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

    Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

    You furnish the pictures, and Iíll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •