Comrade Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    If the Dems impeach Trump after this they may as well just concede the next election to him.

Nothing would motivate Trump’s base and right-leaning independents more than such an obviously unfair move to impeach him after Mueller found nothing.

Trump is a horrible person and totally unfit to be President but the Trump haters have overplayed their hand and inadvertently greatly strengthened and helped the doofus.

And it’s just like election night in that people who just watch CNN and MSNBC from within the echo chamber are totally shocked after hearing every day for 2 years that Trump has been working for Putin all along.
    I don't think there will be impeachment proceedings before the election, as the House leadership doesn't seem to be pushing for that right now. But there will be other investigations on other issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      I definitely think the Obama administration deserves the blame for not sufficiently combatting Russian interference in the 2016 election. Maybe I'm being a sycophantic pussy, but in my simple mind I think the president at the time should bear the responsibility of defending our country against hostile foreign actors.
      Russian interference that Trump insisted never happened. But yes, looking back they should have probably done more at the time to fight it.

Comment

• True Trump haters on this board also hold similar contempt for Obama (any defense of Obama is also p much a declaration of love for Trump). Obama's incompetence gave Putin clear path to mess with our elections and make DJT the president.

Comment

• “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
          ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
          -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
          --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
            Mueller didn't say zero evidence. We haven't heard from Mueller. Barr in the letter said they didn't "establish" that there was coordination.
            Look, its clear that you went all-in the Rachel Maddow fraud, but it's time to let this one go. There was no collusion or cooperation. If you look at it objectively, you would see that the Russians were fully capable of hacking the DNC emails and buying some Facebook ads without any help from the Trump campaign.

This whole collusion narrative was propagated by a democratic party and a willing liberal media desperate to explain how they lost an election that was impossible to lose. Hillary: "It wasn't my fault I lost the election, they had the Russians on their side."

Comment

• All the crap that the former top CIA spook said on national TV may have been based on bad information... and he isn't smart enough to know the difference.

Ex-CIA chief offers mea culpa on Trump: 'I don't know if I received bad information'

Former CIA chief John O. Brennan now says his months of attacks on President Trump may have been based on “bad information.”
              [...]
              https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...culpa-on-trum/

Yeah, bad information coming out of the CIA has gotten us in a costly mess in the past as well.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Mueller didn't say zero evidence. We haven't heard from Mueller. Barr in the letter said they didn't "establish" that there was coordination.
                I am sure that Drumpf has talked to a Russian once or twice in the past 25 years... there is some evidence!
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

True Trump haters on this board also hold similar contempt for Obama (any defense of Obama is also p much a declaration of love for Trump). Obama's incompetence gave Putin clear path to mess with our elections and make DJT the president.
                  Agreed.

Putin walked all over Obama. Obama was basically in the fetal position anytime Russia came knocking. The nail in the coffin for Obama was when he mocked Romney for saying Russia was our biggest geopolitical foe. Obama wasn’t just wrong, he was wrong in a way that allowed Trump to get elected. Of course the white nationalists and old people that are afraid of Mexicans also helped, but most of this comes back to Obama’s incompetence in foreign relations. Yet again, another reason to not vote into office a guy who was barely a senator for a couple years.

I still find it funny that Clinton lost to Trump. So very funny. She had to wear her purple victory dress to give a concession speech.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• The letter didn’t say no evidence. Stop sounding exactly like talk radio. I miss the old, deliberate, less reactionary and sometimes funny SU.

Comment

True Trump haters on this board also hold similar contempt for Obama (any defense of Obama is also p much a declaration of love for Trump). Obama's incompetence gave Putin clear path to mess with our elections and make DJT the president.
                      I like Obama, but I’ve said multiple times Obama was wimpy with regard to Russia and just on the election stuff. His reaction to Ukraine, Syria, assassinations on foreign, over bellicosity. Failure to follow through with missile defense shield. Shoot that spy swap he did involving Anna Chapman and others looks dumber by the minute. At least he doesn’t have secret cuddle time with Putin. I do not hold him in equal contempt. He did not have secret meetings or parrot Russia foreign policy positions or undermine NATO. But yeah, he sucked on Russia.
                      Last edited by frank ryan; 03-26-2019, 08:35 AM.

Comment

The Special Counsel’s investigation did not find that the Trump campaign or anyone associated with it conspired or coordinated with Russia in its efforts to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election. As the report states: “[T]he investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.”
                        That means there was no evidence of it. The mainstream (leftist) media is now reaching for Orwellian Newspeak.

Clearly where there is evidence to weigh, i.e., evidence that may lead to an obstruction of justice finding, Mueller knows how to summarize it and consider pros and cons:

Instead, for each of the relevant actions investigated, the report sets out evidence on both sides of the question and leaves unresolved what the Special Counsel views as “difficult issues” of law and fact concerning whether the President’s actions and intent could be viewed as obstruction. The Special Counsel’s report states that “while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.”
                        He didn't do that with the Russian conspiracy theory.
                        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                          The letter didn’t say no evidence. Stop sounding exactly like talk radio. I miss the old, deliberate, less reactionary and sometimes funny SU.
                          You didn’t think it was funny when SU said only religion and corporations are saving us from the abyss?
                          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

The letter didn’t say no evidence. Stop sounding exactly like talk radio. I miss the old, deliberate, less reactionary and sometimes funny SU.
                            I am liking the new SU even if he isn't sometimes funny.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Sounds like Trump will get to do some redacting before we get to see the report. Who knows what will be buried.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...ivilege-2019-3

Comment

Sounds like Trump will get to do some redacting before we get to see the report. Who knows what will be buried.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...ivilege-2019-3
                                Will he redact the evidence of his collusion with Russia to spend $200K on facebook ads?

Comment

Working...
                                X