Comrade Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kremlin Used NRA to Help Trump in 2016, Senate Report Says
    Documents suggest Moscow funneled money to Trump through the gun group, according to the judiciary committee

The Senate Judiciary Committee said Wednesday that the Russian government apparently used the National Rifle Association to help Donald Trump’s presidential campaign in 2016.

Documents suggest the Kremlin used the NRA to offer the campaign a back channel to Moscow—including a potential meeting between Trump and Vladimir Putin—and might have secretly funded Trump’s campaign, the committee said. One of the Russians named in the report even bragged she was part of the Trump campaign’s communications with Russia, The Daily Beast reported last year.

The NRA spent a record $30 million on Trump and the FBI is reportedly investigating whether any of the money came from Russia. U.S. law prohibits foreign money to be spent on elections.

Two Russian nationals figure prominently in the alleged scheme: Alexander Torshin, deputy governor of the Kremlin’s central bank, and his then-deputy Maria Butina.

Torshin met Donald Trump Jr. at the NRA’s 2016 convention in Kentucky and hosted an NRA delegation in Moscow in 2015. Torshin was previously accused by Spanish investigators of laundering money for Russian mobsters, an allegation he denied. (Last month he was sanctioned by the U.S.)

Butina founded a pro-gun group in Russia before coming to the United States in 2015 when she immediately began ingratiating herself in conservative circles. Butina started a business with NRA member and GOP activist Paul Erickson.

In May 2016, the same month Torshin met Trump Jr. at the NRA convention, Erickson emailed a Trump advisor about setting up a meeting between the candidate and Putin.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/kremli...ence-committee

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      Kremlin Used NRA to Help Trump in 2016, Senate Report Says
      Documents suggest Moscow funneled money to Trump through the gun group, according to the judiciary committee

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kremli...ence-committee
      The dems are swinging this dead cat again?

I loved the last time (just last month) I heard this come up...

NRA got more money from Russia-linked sources than earlier reported

The National Rifle Association reported this week that it received more money from people with Russian ties than it has previously acknowledged, but announced that it was officially done cooperating with a congressional inquiry exploring whether illicit Kremlin-linked funding passed through the NRA and into Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) said on Wednesday.

Wyden released a letter from the NRA, dated Tuesday, in which the gun rights group reported receiving $2,512.85 in contributions and membership dues “from people associated with Russian addresses” or known Russian nationals living in the United States from 2015 to the present. In the past, a congressional aide to Wyden said, the group had confirmed receiving only one financial contribution, in the form of a lifetime membership purchased by Alexander Torshin, a Russian banker.
      https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ey-guns-516804

OMG... the Russians donated $2,500 to the NRA!

Nevermind the fact that Hillary blew $1.2 BILLION on the election, twice that of Drumpf... and still lost to the worst candidate in history! Hmm... I wonder how much of that $1.2 billion came from people with Russian names and was spent on ugly, $10,000 pant suits.

BTW, what happened to the Stormy Daniels thing? I figured that her crack lawyer would have Drumpf impeached by now.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• 'Trump's son should be concerned': FBI obtained wiretaps of Putin ally who met with Trump Jr.

The FBI has obtained secret wiretaps collected by Spanish police of conversations involving Alexander Torshin, a deputy governor of Russia’s Central Bank who has forged close ties with U.S. lawmakers and the National Rifle Association, that led to a meeting with Donald Trump Jr. during the gun lobby’s annual convention in Louisville, Ky., in May 2016, a top Spanish prosecutor said Friday.

José Grinda, who has spearheaded investigations into Spanish organized crime, said that bureau officials in recent months requested and were provided transcripts of wiretapped conversations between Torshin and Alexander Romanov, a convicted Russian money launderer. On the wiretaps, Romanov refers to Torshin as “El Padrino,” the godfather.

“Just a few months ago, the wiretaps of these telephone conversations were given to the FBI,” Grinda said in response to a question from Yahoo News during a talk he gave at the Hudson Institute, a conservative think tank in Washington. Asked if he was concerned about Torshin’s meetings with Donald Trump Jr. and other American political figures, Grinda replied: “Mr. Trump’s son should be concerned.”

The comments by Grinda were the first clear sign that the FBI may be investigating Torshin, possibly as a part of special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. Torshin — a close political ally of Vladimir Putin — had multiple contacts with conservative activists in the United States during the election, seeking to set up a summit between the Russian president and then candidate Trump. Although the summit never transpired, Torshin did meet briefly with the president’s son at a private dinner in Louisville during the May 2016 annual convention of the NRA. A member of the NRA since 2012, Torshin has been a regular attendee of the group’s conventions in recent years and hosted senior members of the group in Moscow.
        https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-so...231215529.html

Comment

• Trump's "spygate" bullcrap narrative is falling apart, even among several of his supporters.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...wdy-fbi-615196

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
            Trump's "spygate" bullcrap narrative is falling apart, even among several of his supporters.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...wdy-fbi-615196
            It had a good two and half day run!
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              'Trump's son should be concerned': FBI obtained wiretaps of Putin ally who met with Trump Jr.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-so...231215529.html
              OMG! Alexander Torshin met with Trump Jr and he gave the NRA some money (maybe up to $2512.85)... This derailed Hillary's $1.3 billion dollar campaign and that is why she lost! We need to send some cruise missiles into Russian now to teach those SoBs a lesson!
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                OMG! Alexander Torshin met with Trump Jr and he gave the NRA some money (maybe up to $2512.85)... This derailed Hillary's $1.3 billion dollar campaign and that is why she lost! We need to send some cruise missiles into Russian now to teach those SoBs a lesson!
                maybe just simplify things and let Russians vote in our elections instead. Why not? They deserve a voice!

Comment

maybe just simplify things and let Russians vote in our elections instead. Why not? They deserve a voice!
                  Yeah, why not... the dems might like the idea of voter ID laws then.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    Yeah, why not... the dems might like the idea of voter ID laws then.
                    or the republicans will suddenly not care about them anymore.

Comment

• I'm replowing some old ground here, but I continue to be mystified by the Trump camp's weird claim that the Mueller investigation is "unconstitutional," although I'm allowing for the possibility that in my Con Law classes Rex Lee skipped over the relevant section of the Constitution that's being violated here.

I'm similarly mystified that Hannity et al. insist there's absolutely no collusion (even though Mueller's instructions don't include the word "collusion," referring instead to "links" or "connections" with the Russian government).

They seem to overlook that Don Jr. received an email that informed him that "The Crown prosecutor of Russia … offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father. This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump," [emphasis mine] to which Donnie responded that he loved it and wanted to meet. And after the meeting, despite denying until recently that he had done so, Trump Sr. wrote a letter, a tissue of lies, completely mischaracterizing the meeting.

It's still possible there was no actual collusion, but it's manifestly clear that Don Jr. wanted to collude, and that his dad was so concerned about what happened that he lied about it. Why has Trump been acting like a guilty person since the beginning?

Again, nothing new here, but I'm becoming increasingly annoyed by Trump's and Hannity's idiotic claims, and grieve that so many Americans accept them as gospel.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        I'm replowing some old ground here, but I continue to be mystified by the Trump camp's weird claim that the Mueller investigation is "unconstitutional," although I'm allowing for the possibility that in my Con Law classes Rex Lee skipped over the relevant section of the Constitution that's being violated here.

I'm similarly mystified that Hannity et al. insist there's absolutely no collusion (even though Mueller's instructions don't include the word "collusion," referring instead to "links" or "connections" with the Russian government).

They seem to overlook that Don Jr. received an email that informed him that "The Crown prosecutor of Russia … offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father. This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump," [emphasis mine] to which Donnie responded that he loved it and wanted to meet. And after the meeting, despite denying until recently that he had done so, Trump Sr. wrote a letter, a tissue of lies, completely mischaracterizing the meeting.

It's still possible there was no actual collusion, but it's manifestly clear that Don Jr. wanted to collude, and that his dad was so concerned about what happened that he lied about it. Why has Trump been acting like a guilty person since the beginning?

Again, nothing new here, but I'm becoming increasingly annoyed by Trump's and Hannity's idiotic claims, and grieve that so many Americans accept them as gospel.
                        Agreed. some people you wish would expand beyond Fox and Breitbart as their "news" sources. They keep saying there is no evidence, which is asinine. Only looking at what has been made public shows a mountain of public evidence already of shady connections between Trump's people and Russian oligarchs with direct ties to Putin. Just one example among dozens: why did Jared Kushner need to set up secret meetings in far off places like the Seychelles to set up "back channels" with Russian agents? Trump has acted guilty the whole time because he knows the truth is even worse for him than the rumors.
                        Last edited by BlueK; 06-04-2018, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Agreed. some people you wish would expand beyond Fox and Breitbart as their "news" sources. They keep saying there is no evidence, which is asinine. Only looking at what has been made public shows a mountain of public evidence already of shady connections between Trump's people and Russian oligarchs with direct ties to Putin. Just one example among dozens: why did Jared Kushner need to set up secret meetings in far off places like the Seychelles to set up "back channels" with Russian agents? Trump has acted guilty the whole time because he knows the truth is even worse for him than the rumors.
                          incoming whatabout Hillary Obama TedBot
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                            incoming whatabout Hillary Obama TedBot
                            It's been almost 20 minutes. Must be offline.
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              It's been almost 20 minutes. Must be offline.
                              He’s searching Twitter and 4chan for his talking points/memes.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                Hey, so when are they going to release the dirt the Ruskies had on Clinton? Given they bugged Drumpf Tower and had spies "informants" embedded in the Drumpf campaign team they must have a copy of the dirt somewhere. Damn you FBI, release the Hillary dirt!

BTW, just how did Drumpf beat the most qualified presidential candidate ever without using this incriminating dirt on her from the Ruskies anyway?
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X