CFB Championship Week Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFB Championship Week Thread

I was more excited about this weekend a couple weeks ago, but I will still partake and enjoy as much as I can. As dirty as it makes me feel, I'll be cheering for a Colorado win tonight. No one else cares, but I'll also be cheering former Nebraska coach Frank Solich on to pull the upset with Ohio over Western Michigan. What I'm really hoping for is a Western Michigan loss and a Navy win. That would mean next week's Army/Navy game would have to be played before the NY6 bowl invites could go out. Bedlam should be fun, but it is anticlimactic because the winner has almost zero shot at the playoff.

On the playoff: is there a legit chance we could have two non-conference champs in? Everyone seems to think Ohio State is a shoe-in. Obviously Alabama is even if they somehow lose to Florida. Would the committee take them both and leave out the champions of their respective conferences?

Go Buffs!
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

Having received free tickets, I am going to go watch the PAC12 championship game tonight. I am conflicted as to which team to support. I think I will just have a hot dog and leave early, unless the game is really good.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
        Having received free tickets, I am going to go watch the PAC12 championship game tonight. I am conflicted as to which team to support. I think I will just have a hot dog and leave early, unless the game is really good.
        You should cheer against one of the two universities that allowed Ted Bundy to attend. Hint, the other is Utah.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
          Enjoy the game; would have liked to attend with my boy (we drove down for that UW/BYU Fight Hunger Bowl some years back, a fun trip during the holiday break).

I don't get the decision to schedule this one on a Friday night. Saturday night... easy yes, drive down, spend the night, stay with cousin in Palo Alto, throw some litter on PAC's front lawn.

But Friday night on the first weekend in December?! No thanks. Ugh. So dumb.
          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
            Enjoy the game; would have liked to attend with my boy (we drove down for that UW/BYU Fight Hunger Bowl some years back, a fun trip during the holiday break).

I don't get the decision to schedule this one on a Friday night. Saturday night... easy yes, drive down, spend the night, stay with cousin in Palo Alto, throw some litter on PAC's front lawn.

It is dumb. Plus traffic in that area should make Friday night games at that stadium prohibited. Much better for Saturday. But I'll go anyway. I'm a sucker for free tickets.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Yeah, your sled dawgs are going to lose anyway... I don't blame you.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                I was more excited about this weekend a couple weeks ago, but I will still partake and enjoy as much as I can. As dirty as it makes me feel, I'll be cheering for a Colorado win tonight. No one else cares, but I'll also be cheering former Nebraska coach Frank Solich on to pull the upset with Ohio over Western Michigan. What I'm really hoping for is a Western Michigan loss and a Navy win. That would mean next week's Army/Navy game would have to be played before the NY6 bowl invites could go out. Bedlam should be fun, but it is anticlimactic because the winner has almost zero shot at the playoff.

On the playoff: is there a legit chance we could have two non-conference champs in? Everyone seems to think Ohio State is a shoe-in. Obviously Alabama is even if they somehow lose to Florida. Would the committee take them both and leave out the champions of their respective conferences?
                I suppose that there is a possibility for 3 non-conference champs to get in. If UW loses tonight and Alabama were to somehow lose, then you could see Alabama, OSU and Michigan all in the playoffs.

It is absurd to think that the Michigan would go ahead of Wisc. or PSU but each of those teams have 2 losses, and each lost to Michigan. So it is conceivable that Michigan could have taken 3 in its own division and yet some how end up going to the playoff. What a stupid system.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  Yeah, your sled dawgs are going to lose anyway... I don't blame you.

Plus if you really believe in them you save your time and money and go to the playoff and champ games.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

The Neuheisel bowl should be good watching. I think Washington will get it done.

Comment

Nice return. Sheesh.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
                      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

This Independent non-conference championship is very exciting.
                        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

I've just watched a few minutes of the SEC Championship game, but both times I saw what appeared to be targeting by Bama defenders. The kick return just a few minutes ago seemed like an easy call.
                          A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

As they open the pre-game for Army-Navy they say "You can throw out the records when these two teams get together."

Uh I'm pretty sure that the team with the better record has won the last 14 times.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                              As they open the pre-game for Army-Navy they say "You can throw out the records when these two teams get together."

Uh I'm pretty sure that the team with the better record has won the last 14 times.
                              Army's uniforms look like they forgot to put numbers on, and had students at a local middle school put them on last minute using athletic tape.

Comment

Working...
                              X