Aggie Tears are the ultimate palate cleanser: BYU vs. Utah State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
    I misspoke. Effort is better, ability is still in question. And when your shooting is this abysmal and you're playing an undersized team you're going to get a lot more rebounds.
    As a former coach I can guarantee you that poor shooting doesn't always lead to more rebounds.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Btw, LJ has an assist to turnover ration of 5.4, which is 9th best in the country, currently. That could change, but it is salvation to this team. 43/8.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
          Commando is going to LOVE This.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
            You know me all too well! Love me some Jordan meme!!!
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Me too.

I have been following that kid for a while. His twitter feed is fun.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Rebounding was huge, but I don't know if we can really count on winning games with rebounding. Our rebounding success seems more random/fluky than something sustainable long term.

TJ is really struggling. I never wanted Davis to play until he couldn't. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, I guess. We'll miss him if he's out extended time. Did I hear he might be out for the season? Childs with 9 and 12 was big. On that play where he got his third foul, he looked like he was going to cry on the bench. But I loved seeing how much he cares. There are times when the LP3 crew can give off the feeling that they're a little aloof, or spoiled, or entitled, or whatever that vibe is I get sometimes, but I don't like it. And I say LP3, but it's mostly TJ.

Gotta admit, I'm still a little disappointed by this team, after the bar they set in those first few games.

Comment

The games against USC and Colorado will tell us a lot about this team.

I'm dumb enough to still think that UVU debacle was a fluke and this BYU team is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post

I'm dumb enough to still think that UVU debacle was a fluke and this BYU team is pretty good.
                    I don't think it was a fluke but I do think it proved that this team is not yet good enough to sleepwalk through a game like that and win. I liked the effort in the bounce back win last night even though I don't think Utah State is very good.

I too think that this team can still be very good but it will depend on how fast they continue to mature. And I don't think we can be really good without Davis and Bryant. I've kind of written off TJ for the first half of the season. He has shoen some flashes but he clearly has a lot of mission rust that he needs to work through.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post

I don't know what the formula is going to be for BYU to be good this year. Mika's great. I think that's something we can trust. Emery's pretty good. Outside of that, I don't know what we are or who is going to step up. Looked like it was going to be Haws, now I'm not so sure. Looked like it was going to be Davis, now he might be out. Rose won this game for us, but I don't think that's going to happen regularly. He's a glue guy/role player. I don't think we can count on rebounding to win games like it did last night.

Yes, the next few games will tell us a lot. It will be interesting to see how this team shapes up. I think Haws is the X factor. I kind of think the season is going to depend on him. If he picks it up, this team can be good. If not, we're not even close to a tourney team.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                        Rebounding was huge, but I don't know if we can really count on winning games with rebounding. Our rebounding success seems more random/fluky than something sustainable long term.

TJ is really struggling. I never wanted Davis to play until he couldn't. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, I guess. We'll miss him if he's out extended time. Did I hear he might be out for the season? Childs with 9 and 12 was big. On that play where he got his third foul, he looked like he was going to cry on the bench. But I loved seeing how much he cares. There are times when the LP3 crew can give off the feeling that they're a little aloof, or spoiled, or entitled, or whatever that vibe is I get sometimes, but I don't like it. And I say LP3, but it's mostly TJ.

Gotta admit, I'm still a little disappointed by this team, after the bar they set in those first few games.
                        Re: the bolded. I couldn't agree more. The term I thought of to describe them was coddled. Entitled works too. And I agree, when I think of the LP3 being coddled, I'm mostly thinking Haws. I feel like he might need to be punched the face, humbled a bit. I wish Beo would have dropped him in the Blue/White game when Haws acted like a little bitch to him in that meaningless scrimmage.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                          I don't know what the formula is going to be for BYU to be good this year. Mika's great. I think that's something we can trust. Emery's pretty good. Outside of that, I don't know what we are or who is going to step up. Looked like it was going to be Haws, now I'm not so sure. Looked like it was going to be Davis, now he might be out. Rose won this game for us, but I don't think that's going to happen regularly. He's a glue guy/role player. I don't think we can count on rebounding to win games like it did last night.

Yes, the next few games will tell us a lot. It will be interesting to see how this team shapes up. I think Haws is the X factor. I kind of think the season is going to depend on him. If he picks it up, this team can be good. If not, we're not even close to a tourney team.
                          BYU needs Haws to be good and if this were the freshman Haws coming out of HS, he would have been. The mission has taken a lot from him and I just hope he can get it back sooner rather than later.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

I've mostly written Haws off for this season, so that any production from him or lack of error is a plus in my mind. His behind the back, missed layup bullshit probably isn't going to fly in D-1. Jimmer he is not. I know he's never going to be built like Chase Fischer, but I'm glad that Cummard is an assistant so hopefully he can help Haws do the most with what little the Good Lord gave the Ginga Ninja from a size/strength perspective.

Glad we won. The defensive effort was better than against UVU. I agree that USU is not a particularly good team.

If Mika can hit that fade away consistently (and it appears he cannot at this point), dude will be unstoppable.

Pleasant surprise of the season: Aytes' minutes are not a complete waste.
                            Last edited by Green Monstah; 12-01-2016, 06:49 AM.
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post

Pleasant surprise of the season: Aytes' minutes are not a complete waste.
                              I was going to mention this. I've been down on him, so I'll give him his kudo's now. 60 minutes of PT this year and 30 pts, 16 rebs, only 2 TO's, and 65% shooting. Outstanding, really.

Comment

I haven't watched a minute of BYU hoops this year (out of protest for BYU getting the rivalry game cancelled with their thuggish play), but from reading this thread, Haws could go down as one of the most hated Cougars since (dare I dream?) Nate Cooper!

Comment

Working...
                                X