Aggie Tears are the ultimate palate cleanser: BYU vs. Utah State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Topper View Post
    Yes but our outside shooting is abysmal.
    debbie-downer.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
      Defensive effort is night and day different from what we have seen in other games so far. There are still a lot of mistakes but ratcheting up the effort alone makes a big difference. If we play this hard against UVU we win comfortably.

Edit: and don't gloss over the rebounding. It has been great tonight.
      I misspoke. Effort is better, ability is still in question. And when your shooting is this abysmal and you're playing an undersized team you're going to get a lot more rebounds.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Can we get Aytes a bigger jersey? He looks like a church ball player.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Can we get Aytes a bigger jersey? He looks like a church ball player.
          If this team is do anything, players like Aytes will be important. I wonder why Dastrup isn't seeing any minutes with the injury to KD.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Rose and Shaw having nice games. Basketball doesn't appear close to loving Chachi.
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
              I misspoke. Effort is better, ability is still in question. And when your shooting is this abysmal and you're playing an undersized team you're going to get a lot more rebounds.
              It's not automatic. We missed 41 shots against UVU and had 11 offensive rebounds. They are similar size to USU, might even be a little smaller. But it goes back to effort again.

Comment

Rose is like Avery Johnson. Teams are going to give him that open three until he shows he can consistently hit it.
                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

USU's shorts look dirty. Like the color snow gets when its been splashed with mud.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                    Rose is like Avery Johnson. Teams are going to give him that open three until he shows he can consistently hit it.
                    Given the erratic play of the freshmen, I love the mentality and help of Rose.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

12 point lead with 46 seconds to go. Only one sweating now is MRD.

Comment

I seem to remember BYU losing with Fred Roberts against Ralph Sampson's Virginia with very little time left. No lead is large enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                          I seem to remember BYU losing with Fred Roberts against Ralph Sampson's Virginia with very little time left. No lead is large enough for me.
                          Careful. He's kin.

Comment

mrd did you take usu to cover?! by free money i did not mean they would cover
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                              I only care if USU comes within 9 points.
                              Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              9pts?! good lord. free money.
                              Uh oh.
                              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                                Careful. He's kin.
                                You're related to Ralph Sampson? How cool!

Comment

Working...
                                X