No announcement yet.

Take a Vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds awesome NWC. The only thing I would've changed is you should've gone the week of the eclipse and rented your house out for enough money to pay for the trip and a few grand left over.

BC is one of the places I really want to explore.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      Sounds awesome NWC. The only thing I would've changed is you should've gone the week of the eclipse and rented your house out for enough money to pay for the trip and a few grand left over.

BC is one of the places I really want to explore.
      And you waited to give me that advice until after we left because, why?

Someone in our office is trying to rent out his backyard for camping during the eclipse. Not sure if he has any takers yet.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Yeah, we sometimes go to Idaho for a short vacay in Aug. This plan has been ruined this year with the number of people renting out their back yards for eclipse camping. And their mediocre cabins for $1000 per night for eclipse parties. Cray cray.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
          Yeah, we sometimes go to Idaho for a short vacay in Aug. This plan has been ruined this year with the number of people renting out their back yards for eclipse camping. And their mediocre cabins for $1000 per night for eclipse parties. Cray cray.
          My neighbor's brother is having his mission farewell on August 20 in Idaho Falls. Neighbor isn't sure he's going to make it up there. And if he does, he's planning to get out ASAP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
            My neighbor's brother is having his mission farewell on August 20 in Idaho Falls. Neighbor isn't sure he's going to make it up there. And if he does, he's planning to get out ASAP.
            Good luck. There is intermittent road construction from Pocatello through IF that cuts I-15 to one lane in each direction. Traffic is going to be nuts. My parents are going to St Anthony to watch the eclipse on my grandmother's back lawn. They are planning on leaving several days in advance.
            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
              Yeah, we sometimes go to Idaho for a short vacay in Aug. This plan has been ruined this year with the number of people renting out their back yards for eclipse camping. And their mediocre cabins for $1000 per night for eclipse parties. Cray cray.
              My inlaws are in the direct path of the eclipse. If you want, I'll let them know and you can stay with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                My inlaws are in the direct path of the eclipse. If you want, I'll let them know and you can stay with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Please tell then not to stare directly at the eclipse.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                  Please tell then not to stare directly at the eclipse.
                  But MBN, that's where the fun is.
                  "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                    But MBN, that's where the fun is.
                    Mbn is your momma?
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                      Lake Louise is a must. Bring your hiking shoes and bear spray, and hike to Lake Agnes, and grab a snack at the Tea House. If you are in shape, continue to the other end of Lake Agnes and then hike up the Big Beehive. You can't beat the view of Lake Louise from up there, but it is a steep trail. You can then hike down the other side and end up on the far end of Lake Louise, and either head back on a nice flat stroll, or if you still have energy, hike up to view the Plain of Six Glaciers. At the junction, my dad headed back, and my brother and I sent up to see the glaciers. On the way, a Japanese tourist asked me to take his picture with the glaciers in the background. Just as I took the picture, a huge chunk of ice fell off the glacier. I heard it more than saw it, but that Japanese tourist got one of the coolest vacation pictures ever. ...
                      We did this hike today and had a great time, despite views being somewhat obscured by the smoke (e.g., from the Big Beehive overlook one could barely make out the mountain range to the east. But the Plain of Six Glaciers was clear enough and the Victoria Glacier (that's probably the one that calved while you were taking the pic) was really impressive. The entire hike was around 11-12 miles (our Garmins were a bit wonky) with around 3400 feet of climbing but it was very much worth the effort.

Rather than crash at the hotel room for the rest of the day/evening, my wife (Mme. de Sade) is taking me out for some canoeing on Lake Louise. Tomorrow, we'll rise early to see Moraine Lake (they shut down the road after 8 am because of traffic) and then on to the Columbia Ice Fields.

Comment

• PAC, I hope that Waterton wasn't on your itinerary this week.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...ions-1.4285153

Comment

• I just thought I should remind everyone that the original intent of this thread was to encourage everyone to take a vacation from Mormonism and then decide whether it's worth it to remain a Mormon or not.

This is an experiment in the spirit of Alma 32 so you should not be afraid to give it a try. It's kind of like when Joseph Smith took a break from Methodism and then realized that God had other plans for him. Who knows what you'll find by taking a healthy break.

Comment

• We're going to Montauk in the Hamptons over Columbus Day weekend. That's our next family trip. Thinking about Iowa to visit my sister for Thanksgiving, but no set plans there.

Comment

• Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
                              I just thought I should remind everyone that the original intent of this thread was to encourage everyone to take a vacation from Mormonism and then decide whether it's worth it to remain a Mormon or not.

This is an experiment in the spirit of Alma 32 so you should not be afraid to give it a try. It's kind of like when Joseph Smith took a break from Methodism and then realized that God had other plans for him. Who knows what you'll find by taking a healthy break.
                              Thanks! We had totally forgotten!

Comment

• Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                We're going to Montauk in the Hamptons over Columbus Day weekend. That's our next family trip. Thinking about Iowa to visit my sister for Thanksgiving, but no set plans there.
                                the hamptons are enormously disappointing
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X