No announcement yet.

Take a Vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventurous me would do the railroad to Denali. Real me is cold enough as it is.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
      I would like to encourage all of you to take a vacation from Mormonism.

Not a long vacation. Maybe 6 months.

If your life is worse 6 months later, then go back to Church. If your life is better, try an extended vacation from Mormonism. You may be surprised by what you find.

I implore you to exercise a particle of faith and do an experiment upon my words.

Good luck!
      Bump

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
        Bump

Comment

• Congratulations everyone.

Comment

Congratulations everyone.
            I thought of you when the meeting suspension was announced. I trust you had nothing to do with the current outbreak.

Comment

Congratulations everyone.

Comment

• So How's the vacation been?
                "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Yeah kind of missing church. I'll be ready to get back into the swing of things when it starts back up. Thanks, Byron!
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Looks like I'll be heading up to the Bear Lake area tomorrow. I haven't been there for probably 20 years. Anyone who is familiar with it, is it possible to just pull up to a beach midday for about an hour or two for the kids to play? Or is it all reservation?

Any recommendations?

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                      Looks like I'll be heading up to the Bear Lake area tomorrow. I haven't been there for probably 20 years. Anyone who is familiar with it, is it possible to just pull up to a beach midday for about an hour or two for the kids to play? Or is it all reservation?

Any recommendations?
                      The later in the day you go, the emptier the beach will be. We went last Friday and got right into Rendevous Beach and were even able to rent a Sea Doo getting there at 5:30. Earlier in the day we were advised there was about a 45 minute wait by a friend that lives up there, so we took the long way there and it worked out well.
                      “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                        The later in the day you go, the emptier the beach will be. We went last Friday and got right into Rendevous Beach and were even able to rent a Sea Doo getting there at 5:30. Earlier in the day we were advised there was about a 45 minute wait by a friend that lives up there, so we took the long way there and it worked out well.
                        My guess is we'll get there early afternoon. Might be a bit crowded. But it seems like I always run late do maybe we'll end up there later. Thank you for the info.

Comment

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                          Ended up at North Beach this afternoon. Heard it was crazy packed earlier but seems to be fine now.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                            Looks like I'll be heading up to the Bear Lake area tomorrow. I haven't been there for probably 20 years. Anyone who is familiar with it, is it possible to just pull up to a beach midday for about an hour or two for the kids to play? Or is it all reservation?

Any recommendations?
                            I love Bear Lake- we had our family reunion there about 10 years ago or so. It was way better than I expected. You can roll up to the beach- there is plenty of beach for everyone. We rented jet skis and assorted water toys and had a blast. I guess you're supposed to get a huckleberry shake if it's in season-- that's kind of the thing to do.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                              I love Bear Lake- we had our family reunion there about 10 years ago or so. It was way better than I expected. You can roll up to the beach- there is plenty of beach for everyone. We rented jet skis and assorted water toys and had a blast. I guess you're supposed to get a huckleberry shake if it's in season-- that's kind of the thing to do.
                              Raspberry, bro.
                              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                                Raspberry, bro.
                                Yeah - starting to think maybe he's talking about going to a different Bear Lake than the one I go to.

Comment

Working...
                                X