Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 451 to 463 of 463

Thread: Take a Vacation

  1. #451
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    17,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Student View Post
    Raspberry, bro.
    Nope, you're right. Raspberry days. I think I said huckleberry because for some reason every time I go to Idaho everything is huckleberry this and huckleberry that. Funny, I don't remember huckleberries everywhere growing up in Idaho the first 20 years of my life. :|
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  2. #452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Student View Post
    Raspberry, bro.
    yeah who doesnt love a milkshake with frozen costco raspberries in it
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

  3. #453
    Chronic Poseur USUC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Riverton, UT
    Posts
    5,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    yeah who doesnt love a milkshake with frozen costco raspberries in it
    I seem to remember like 20 years ago some sort of blight or bacteria decimated the raspberry bushes up there. I'm pretty sure they were saying they were going to have to plant new disease resistant raspberries. Not sure if it is all Costco raspberries now, but in the late 90s when I was there for raspberry days they were definitely using local product (LaBeau's was at least). But I didn't try any shakes yesterday because there were lines of unmasked people everywhere.

  4. #454

    Default

    Huckleberry shakes are everywhere in Montana and Idaho. Although I’ve never seen frozen huckleberries in Costco, I cannot vouch for the recent one I had in Montana. It was good though.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.
    - SeattleUte

  5. #455
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    12,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Nope, you're right. Raspberry days. I think I said huckleberry because for some reason every time I go to Idaho everything is huckleberry this and huckleberry that. Funny, I don't remember huckleberries everywhere growing up in Idaho the first 20 years of my life. :|
    One of my clients makes a mead with huckleberry.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  6. #456
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    30,837

    Default

    Neilson's makes a tasty raspberry concrete. At least they did as of 3 days ago.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  7. #457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Neilson's makes a tasty raspberry concrete. At least they did as of 3 days ago.
    caramel cashew or chocolate malt for life
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

  8. #458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    caramel cashew or chocolate malt for life
    Chocolate cherry is also really good.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

  9. #459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    One of my clients makes a mead with huckleberry.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Although I've never really understood the appeal of mead, I'd try it. I'm thinking about taking up home brewing here soon. I want to learn to make mediocre beer.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

  10. #460
    Chronic Poseur USUC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Riverton, UT
    Posts
    5,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    Although I've never really understood the appeal of mead, I'd try it. I'm thinking about taking up home brewing here soon. I want to learn to make mediocre beer.
    Back in my younger days, I tried a basic mead made by a PhD history student. If I remember correctly I think it was a 1000 year old "viking era" recipe. As a history undergrad, it was fascinating to learn about the types of alcohol they used and how it would taste. The mead was not pleasant. I know some breweries around the country have made ancient beers. I read about was an Egyptian beer using yeast the found in a bottle in a tomb. An archeologist I met said he tasted a Roman era middle eastern wine that was thick like syrup and tasted like it was straight vinegar. It's all interesting but i assume it all tastes terrible.

  11. #461

    Default

    Proper Brewing makes a Gruit beer. I tried it. There is a reason that beer style died out. The stuff was terrible.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

  12. #462
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    17,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USUC View Post
    Back in my younger days, I tried a basic mead made by a PhD history student. If I remember correctly I think it was a 1000 year old "viking era" recipe. As a history undergrad, it was fascinating to learn about the types of alcohol they used and how it would taste. The mead was not pleasant. I know some breweries around the country have made ancient beers. I read about was an Egyptian beer using yeast the found in a bottle in a tomb. An archeologist I met said he tasted a Roman era middle eastern wine that was thick like syrup and tasted like it was straight vinegar. It's all interesting but i assume it all tastes terrible.
    lol I have to assume people now don't quite know how to make it. It couldn't have tasted like absolute swill- we know they had wine around...
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  13. #463
    Chronic Poseur USUC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Riverton, UT
    Posts
    5,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    lol I have to assume people now don't quite know how to make it. It couldn't have tasted like absolute swill- we know they had wine around...
    Yeah, the PhD student said the same as well. He used a wine yeast but said the 9th century Scandinavians probably didn't even know about yeast and so it was a wild yeast. Also, the honey that was used there was the result of different flowers than what was available in the US. And, he approximated the herbal ingredients they used with what was available to him. I assume even the water used would have made a difference. The archeologist who tasted the Roman wine said that each culture has a different learned palate profile and a judgement can't be made by our McDonald's loving preferences. The syrupy wine would have been mixed with something better tasting anyway.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •