Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Take a Vacation

Default Take a Vacation

I would like to encourage all of you to take a vacation from Mormonism.

Not a long vacation. Maybe 6 months.

If your life is worse 6 months later, then go back to Church. If your life is better, try an extended vacation from Mormonism. You may be surprised by what you find.

I implore you to exercise a particle of faith and do an experiment upon my words.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ByronMarchant View Post

If your life is worse 6 months later, then go back to Church. If your life is better, try an extended vacation from Mormonism. You may be surprised by what you find.

I implore you to exercise a particle of faith and do an experiment upon my words.

Good luck!
    Is starting threads on a chat board about Mormonism at 6:30 in the morning part of the extended vacation?

I rarely go to church when I'm on vacation. I still consider myself a Mormon during that period, though, so I'm not sure that counts.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    Is starting threads on a chat board about Mormonism at 6:30 in the morning part of the extended vacation?
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

This is a good idea! Let's talk vacations (even though I'm pretty sure we already have a dedicated vacation thread).

We didn't get to do much this year due to my wife being on bed rest and having a baby, but we did get to do a weekend in Houston and Dallas. Great Wolf Lodge was a huge hit with the kids. We are headed to California for Christmas, so that'll be a good time for sure.

Next year, new Orleans is on the agenda as well as a return to great Wolf Lodge.

I'm in Charleston this morning, about to take the family on a harbor cruise.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Charleston seems like a great vacation spot. Good choice

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Pleasepostphotos!

Our 2017 vacation plans are wide open. Toying with the idea of a Japan trip. Or Egypt/Israel.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

While the Lebowski's are in Egypt/Israel, we were thinking of heading up to Burley/Twin Falls and seeing the sights.

knew I should have followed in my cousin's footsteps and gone into welding!
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    While the Lebowski's are in Egypt/Israel, we were thinking of heading up to Burley/Twin Falls and seeing the sights.

I said it's wide open!

We did Burley last summer. Not kidding either.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I said it's wide open!

I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

We loved our trip to London so much last year, that we're going there again in May. Next big trip after that will have to be Hawaii, and after that Germany (Bavaria)/Switzerland. We do need to throw New Orleans in the mix, and spend a few days there sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post

I said it's wide open!

We will be visiting the thriving metropolis of Burley later today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    We will be visiting the thriving metropolis of Burley later today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Lucky!

P.S. Byron Marchant, I apologize for turning your thread about vacations into a thread about Burley, Idaho.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

got thailand booked, thinking about ireland
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

I took a vacation from church for a few weeks earlier this year but didn稚 enjoy it. Many friends from the ward kept bothering me with nice cards, flowers, treats, words of affirmation, prayers, and lots of care and support. Jerks.

That vacation having been foiled by the inconsiderate masses, we've begun planning another. In May we値l spend 2-3 weeks in Ireland and on the Isle of Man (from which my father痴 ancestors emigrated). On the IoM we値l have a private tour with a genealogist who will take us to my ancestral farm, the parish my forebears attended, etc.

On Ireland, we値l see all the touristy sights, including a couple of days at Ashford Castle where we値l participate in a gourmet program and I値l receive a hands-on lesson in falconry. I知 also looking forward to a breakfast of berries in Dingle, a brief stay at Bantry House and, weather permitting, receiving a lightsaber from Mrs. PAC atop Skellig Michael amid the ruins of a 1500-year-old monastery.

Should my life get even worse I may re-try BM痴 vacation suggestion. Until then, I知 good, but thanks for the rec; always looking for vacation ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I took a vacation from church for a few weeks earlier this year but didn’t enjoy it. Many friends from the ward kept bothering me with nice cards, flowers, treats, words of affirmation, prayers, and lots of care and support. Jerks.

That vacation having been foiled by the inconsiderate masses, we've begun planning another. In May we’ll spend 2-3 weeks in Ireland and on the Isle of Man (from which my father’s ancestors emigrated). On the IoM we’ll have a private tour with a genealogist who will take us to my ancestral farm, the parish my forebears attended, etc.

On Ireland, we’ll see all the touristy sights, including a couple of days at Ashford Castle where we’ll participate in a gourmet program and I’ll receive a hands-on lesson in falconry. I’m also looking forward to a breakfast of berries in Dingle, a brief stay at Bantry House and, weather permitting, receiving a lightsaber from Mrs. PAC atop Skellig Michael amid the ruins of a 1500-year-old monastery.

Should my life get even worse I may re-try BM’s vacation suggestion. Until then, I’m good, but thanks for the rec; always looking for vacation ideas.
    That sounds fantastic. One of our favorite vacation memories was touring some small towns in England where our ancestors lived. In one town we went into the church and the town historian came and gave an incredibly detailed history of our family.

The wife and I are also thinking of doing a walking tour of Cornwall. Looks beautiful.

That sounds fantastic. One of our favorite vacation memories was touring some small towns in England where our ancestors lived. In one town we went into the church and the town historian came and gave an incredibly detailed history of our family.

The wife and I are also thinking of doing a walking tour of Cornwall. Looks beautiful.
    My family did the same thing when I was about 15 years old. Touring England was one of the most memorable and best vacations I've ever been on. I hope to take my kids there someday.
    When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party. --Tuck Pendleton

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I took a vacation from church for a few weeks earlier this year but didn’t enjoy it. Many friends from the ward kept bothering me with nice cards, flowers, treats, words of affirmation, prayers, and lots of care and support. Jerks.

That vacation having been foiled by the inconsiderate masses, we've begun planning another. In May we’ll spend 2-3 weeks in Ireland and on the Isle of Man (from which my father’s ancestors emigrated). On the IoM we’ll have a private tour with a genealogist who will take us to my ancestral farm, the parish my forebears attended, etc.

On Ireland, we’ll see all the touristy sights, including a couple of days at Ashford Castle where we’ll participate in a gourmet program and I’ll receive a hands-on lesson in falconry. I’m also looking forward to a breakfast of berries in Dingle, a brief stay at Bantry House and, weather permitting, receiving a lightsaber from Mrs. PAC atop Skellig Michael amid the ruins of a 1500-year-old monastery.

Should my life get even worse I may re-try BM’s vacation suggestion. Until then, I’m good, but thanks for the rec; always looking for vacation ideas.
    PAC, you never do anything half way, that's for sure.

Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ByronMarchant View Post

Good luck!
    When does Byron start to get the vuvuzela treatment? Or to change things up, maybe a single drum would be appropriate.

If things that I'm working on don't work out, we're planning on Hong Kong in May and probably Tampa in July.
    Not that, sickos.

Still trying to lock down Norway and London in February. Hope to book the tickets before the weekend is over.

2017 might be the last year the NWC clan has to do a big trip together. We are still mulling Europe. If that doesn't happen, we will most likely do British Columbia and tack on a trip to Alberta to visit family.

So many places yet to discover in our backyard. We have a list of weekend trips around PNW.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    Still trying to lock down Norway and London in February. Hope to book the tickets before the weekend is over.
    I don't know if I've mentioned it, but Norwegian Air has some pretty good pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    I don't know if I've mentioned it, but Norwegian Air has some pretty good pricing.
    Yeah they have some really nice fares right now, especially out of JFK. The London leg of the journey is complicating things a bit. But I want the free ManU tickets that were offered to me and my wife wants to see her friend so we will make London work.

Suomalainen New Mexican Disaster's Avatar

I went to Utah for 2 days for a vacation this year. My family went for a month.

I stopped reading this thread at Dingle Berries.

My mother the professional genealogist (who's maiden name is the same as your sir name) also went to that small town. There are 26 generations of Lebowski's who were born, baptized, and married in that same small perish. Incredible if you stop to think about it - 26 consecutive generations of the same family in the same town.

It tickles me to know that we're related.
    Last edited by clackamascoug; 11-23-2016 at 12:56 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Vacationing in Utah in late December. I hope the snow is good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dyslexics are teople poo...