No announcement yet.

Take a Vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading to Kenya and maybe Uganda on a work trip in July. Starting a three year project. Hoping to take my wife on one of my trips to do a safari, etc.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
      Has any one here planned a Safari or gone on one. Looking for reputable company, but also don't want to break the bank.

My mom and dad had one planned last spring, but with his health issues, they had to cancel.

My mom really wants to go still after my dad's passing, so I am going to tag along and keep her safe.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.

We were thinking of a South Africa one and then hit Victoria Falls (she really wants to see that). But are open to suggestions.
      My retired partner takes a lot of African trips. She took her parents one year with this outfit:

https://www.naturalmigrations.com/

She recommended them and still plans trips with them.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

Thanks.

After doing a lot of searching today, I also found the Costco travel option. https://costco.ttc.com/en-us/vacatio...nerary-section

I will check these out as well.
        That's a very good deal. The only concern I'd have is the size of the group. On safari, You want to have only a few (no more than 6, 8 tops) and be sure to have a "window" seat.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

That's a very good deal. The only concern I'd have is the size of the group. On safari, You want to have only a few (no more than 6, 8 tops) and be sure to have a "window" seat.
          They say they are small group safaris. I will enquire as to the group size.

Comment

Working...
          X