No announcement yet.

2016-2017 NCAA Hoops Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

college basketball is so great this season and this thread is filled with ute talk.

oh well, i guess it beats that snooze fest of a program having its own thread.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
      Oh, ok. So you were joking. Good one! Rape jokes always bring down the house.
      It was a joke that had both satire and irony wrapped up in some self-deprecation. I guess it was too complex for you. I'll dumb it down next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        college basketball is so great this season and this thread is filled with ute talk.

oh well, i guess it beats that snooze fest of a program having its own thread.
        I haven't seen the Utes play this year. Are they any good? They aren't even on Lunardis bubble watch, which is odd since their record seems better than others on that list.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          I haven't seen the Utes play this year. Are they any good? They aren't even on Lunardis bubble watch, which is odd since their record seems better than others on that list.

they've BEen up And down, VERy inconSistent.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

not sure. but i generally just watch teams with good NBA prospects, so i haven't seen them play.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

Just another prolific scorer taking advantage of the uofutah. Ho hum.

Kelsey Plum explodes to top of NCAA career scoring list
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Things you learn from national media. I was listening to the college sports channel on my satellite radio this morning and the two guys on there said Gonzaga isn't really that good and there is no way this team with only 1 loss could be as good as their team last year which lost 8 or 9 games because last year's team had Sabonis and Wiltjer. I mean, no way are they as good as the top three in the P12 like Arizona. No mention that Gonzaga thumped Arizona earlier this season. They probably didn't know. I did watch Gonzaga last year and this year, and to me they do look significantly better.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                  Things you learn from national media. I was listening to the college sports channel on my satellite radio this morning and the two guys on there said Gonzaga isn't really that good and there is no way this team with only 1 loss could be as good as their team last year which lost 8 or 9 games because last year's team had Sabonis and Wiltjer. I mean, no way are they as good as the top three in the P12 like Arizona. No mention that Gonzaga thumped Arizona earlier this season. They probably didn't know. I did watch Gonzaga last year and this year, and to me they do look significantly better.
                  NWG and Collins are significant upgrades.
                  "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                    NWG and Collins are significant upgrades.
                    And Williams who also didn't play last year, And Karnowski who only played in 6 games last year due to injury. Essentially they lost two really good players who they replaced with four. Sure, they probably played a few more tough teams last year before conference play, but this year they won all those games where last year they didn't. Arizona this year is better than Arizona who they lost to last year. They're significantly better overall this year to anyone who has watched them enough. Understandably I think most media outside of the west coast just hasn't seen them play much.

Comment

Also last year they lost to St. Mary's twice. No one can credibly say St. Mary's isn't a lot better this year, and this time Gonzaga blew them out of the water both times.

Comment

Also last year they lost to St. Mary's twice. No one can credibly say St. Mary's isn't a lot better this year, and this time Gonzaga blew them out of the water both times.
                        Gonzaga is better this year and more well-rounded.
                        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Reminds me of the time SU said BYU and Jimmer couldn't beat a team like Arizona and I had to remind him that it wasn't a hypothetical, that they would play in a few weeks and BYU would be a 10+ point favorite. Good times!

Gonzaga is awesome. I was there just a few rows back and that doubleheader of UA-Gonzaga and USC-BYU was like a varsity game followed by a JV game. Still can't believe BYU beat the Zags.

Comment

Utah really being punished for Coach Krazy's incredibly weak non-conference schedule (because he is a pussy).

They are a game ahead of USC and tied with Cal in PAC-12 but still nowhere in the bracket discussions while USC and Cal are in according to Lunardi. Good thing he canceled that road game against BYU. Dumbass.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                              Utah really being punished for Coach Krazy's incredibly weak non-conference schedule (because he is a pussy).

They are a game ahead of USC and tied with Cal in PAC-12 but still nowhere in the bracket discussions while USC and Cal are in according to Lunardi. Good thing he canceled that road game against BYU. Dumbass.
                              You guys would have just brought us down more.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                              "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post

Safety first.

Comment

Working...
                                X