Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 162

Thread: 2016-2017 NCAA Hoops Thread

  1. #61
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    Didn't see this till today, but the university of utah managed to lose to the Oregon State Beavers over the weekend. Now the Beavers have 1 conference win this year. Thanks utes!
    Losing on the road to a crappy conference opponent. Sounds familiar.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Losing on the road to a crappy conference opponent. Sounds familiar.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

  3. #63
    Huge Member BigPiney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    5,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Losing on the road to a crappy conference opponent. Sounds familiar.


    Unfortunately it does.

    Oregon State is really bad, based on RPI, 50 spots worse than anyone in the WCC. By KenPom it would be the equivalent of the that terrible San Diego game or if BYU were to lose to Portland tonight.

  4. #64
    Suomalainen New Mexican Disaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Free State of Nickajack
    Posts
    4,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    Unfortunately it does.

    Oregon State is really bad, based on RPI, 50 spots worse than anyone in the WCC. By KenPom it would be the equivalent of the that terrible San Diego game or if BYU were to lose to Portland tonight.
    Portland beat Oregon State earlier this year! WCC! WCC! WCC!

    Also, apparently someone named Devon Daniels plays for Utah and he got suspended. Does anyone know why?

  5. #65
    Suomalainen New Mexican Disaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Free State of Nickajack
    Posts
    4,412

    Default

    Glancing at the UU-CU game. Rivalry game that looks like a super hot ticket. Possibly half full.

  6. #66
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    20,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
    Also, apparently someone named Devon Daniels plays for Utah and he got suspended. Does anyone know why?
    It's Utah so it's either drugs or rape related, or both.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  7. #67
    Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Davis County, UT
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    rape related.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seriously? I can't remember a single athlete-related rape issue at the U of U. Are you thinking of Utah State?

  8. #68
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    20,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Seriously?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  9. #69
    Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Davis County, UT
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh, ok. So you were joking. Good one! Rape jokes always bring down the house.

  10. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Seriously? I can't remember a single athlete-related rape issue at the U of U. Are you thinking of Utah State?
    BYU is the only state school that I can remember having had a rape scandal.
    Sic semper tyrannis

  11. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    BYU is the only state school that I can remember having had a rape scandal.
    Torrey Green is pissed.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

  12. #72
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,878

    Default

    Should have gone with armed robbery, Moli.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  13. #73
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Should have gone with armed robbery, Moli.
    Or indecent exposure.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  14. #74

    Default

    Or condom theft.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

  15. #75
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    21,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Oh, ok. So you were joking. Good one! Rape jokes always bring down the house.
    Good point. You are very clearly a sensitive soul. I take great comfort in knowing that every time someone makes a joke in bad taste about BYU on the Ute board that you will jump in and correct the record or, at the least, let them know what they are behaving badly.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  16. #76

    Default

    college basketball is so great this season and this thread is filled with ute talk.

    oh well, i guess it beats that snooze fest of a program having its own thread.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

  17. #77
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    20,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Oh, ok. So you were joking. Good one! Rape jokes always bring down the house.
    It was a joke that had both satire and irony wrapped up in some self-deprecation. I guess it was too complex for you. I'll dumb it down next time.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  18. #78
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    20,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    college basketball is so great this season and this thread is filled with ute talk.

    oh well, i guess it beats that snooze fest of a program having its own thread.
    I haven't seen the Utes play this year. Are they any good? They aren't even on Lunardis bubble watch, which is odd since their record seems better than others on that list.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  19. #79
    Outsider looking in Blueintheface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Jordan, UT
    Posts
    15,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    I haven't seen the Utes play this year. Are they any good? They aren't even on Lunardis bubble watch, which is odd since their record seems better than others on that list.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    they've BEen up And down, VERy inconSistent.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

  20. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    I haven't seen the Utes play this year. Are they any good? They aren't even on Lunardis bubble watch, which is odd since their record seems better than others on that list.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    not sure. but i generally just watch teams with good NBA prospects, so i haven't seen them play.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

  21. #81
    Senior Member myboynoah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Holy Land
    Posts
    14,521

    Default

    Just another prolific scorer taking advantage of the uofutah. Ho hum.

    Kelsey Plum explodes to top of NCAA career scoring list
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

  22. #82

    Default

    Things you learn from national media. I was listening to the college sports channel on my satellite radio this morning and the two guys on there said Gonzaga isn't really that good and there is no way this team with only 1 loss could be as good as their team last year which lost 8 or 9 games because last year's team had Sabonis and Wiltjer. I mean, no way are they as good as the top three in the P12 like Arizona. No mention that Gonzaga thumped Arizona earlier this season. They probably didn't know. I did watch Gonzaga last year and this year, and to me they do look significantly better.

  23. #83
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    11,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Things you learn from national media. I was listening to the college sports channel on my satellite radio this morning and the two guys on there said Gonzaga isn't really that good and there is no way this team with only 1 loss could be as good as their team last year which lost 8 or 9 games because last year's team had Sabonis and Wiltjer. I mean, no way are they as good as the top three in the P12 like Arizona. No mention that Gonzaga thumped Arizona earlier this season. They probably didn't know. I did watch Gonzaga last year and this year, and to me they do look significantly better.
    NWG and Collins are significant upgrades.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

  24. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    NWG and Collins are significant upgrades.
    And Williams who also didn't play last year, And Karnowski who only played in 6 games last year due to injury. Essentially they lost two really good players who they replaced with four. Sure, they probably played a few more tough teams last year before conference play, but this year they won all those games where last year they didn't. Arizona this year is better than Arizona who they lost to last year. They're significantly better overall this year to anyone who has watched them enough. Understandably I think most media outside of the west coast just hasn't seen them play much.

  25. #85

    Default

    Also last year they lost to St. Mary's twice. No one can credibly say St. Mary's isn't a lot better this year, and this time Gonzaga blew them out of the water both times.

  26. #86
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    11,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Also last year they lost to St. Mary's twice. No one can credibly say St. Mary's isn't a lot better this year, and this time Gonzaga blew them out of the water both times.
    Gonzaga is better this year and more well-rounded.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

  27. #87
    вот так штука CardiacCoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The SLC
    Posts
    10,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Things you learn from national media. I was listening to the college sports channel on my satellite radio this morning and the two guys on there said Gonzaga isn't really that good and there is no way this team with only 1 loss could be as good as their team last year which lost 8 or 9 games because last year's team had Sabonis and Wiltjer. I mean, no way are they as good as the top three in the P12 like Arizona. No mention that Gonzaga thumped Arizona earlier this season. They probably didn't know. I did watch Gonzaga last year and this year, and to me they do look significantly better.
    Reminds me of the time SU said BYU and Jimmer couldn't beat a team like Arizona and I had to remind him that it wasn't a hypothetical, that they would play in a few weeks and BYU would be a 10+ point favorite. Good times!

    Gonzaga is awesome. I was there just a few rows back and that doubleheader of UA-Gonzaga and USC-BYU was like a varsity game followed by a JV game. Still can't believe BYU beat the Zags.

  28. #88
    вот так штука CardiacCoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The SLC
    Posts
    10,112

    Default

    Utah really being punished for Coach Krazy's incredibly weak non-conference schedule (because he is a pussy).

    They are a game ahead of USC and tied with Cal in PAC-12 but still nowhere in the bracket discussions while USC and Cal are in according to Lunardi. Good thing he canceled that road game against BYU. Dumbass.

  29. #89
    BYU Delenda Est Mormon Red Death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    the Planet Lovetron, bringing funkiness to all over the world
    Posts
    7,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Utah really being punished for Coach Krazy's incredibly weak non-conference schedule (because he is a pussy).

    They are a game ahead of USC and tied with Cal in PAC-12 but still nowhere in the bracket discussions while USC and Cal are in according to Lunardi. Good thing he canceled that road game against BYU. Dumbass.
    You guys would have just brought us down more.

    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

    "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

  30. #90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Utah really being punished for Coach Krazy's incredibly weak non-conference schedule (because he is a pussy).

    They are a game ahead of USC and tied with Cal in PAC-12 but still nowhere in the bracket discussions while USC and Cal are in according to Lunardi. Good thing he canceled that road game against BYU. Dumbass.
    Safety first.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •