2016-2017 NCAA Hoops Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
    Didn't see this till today, but the university of utah managed to lose to the Oregon State Beavers over the weekend. Now the Beavers have 1 conference win this year. Thanks utes!
    Losing on the road to a crappy conference opponent. Sounds familiar.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Unfortunately it does.

Oregon State is really bad, based on RPI, 50 spots worse than anyone in the WCC. By KenPom it would be the equivalent of the that terrible San Diego game or if BYU were to lose to Portland tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
          Unfortunately it does.

Oregon State is really bad, based on RPI, 50 spots worse than anyone in the WCC. By KenPom it would be the equivalent of the that terrible San Diego game or if BYU were to lose to Portland tonight.
          Portland beat Oregon State earlier this year! WCC! WCC! WCC!

Also, apparently someone named Devon Daniels plays for Utah and he got suspended. Does anyone know why?

Comment

Glancing at the UU-CU game. Rivalry game that looks like a super hot ticket. Possibly half full.

Comment

Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
              Also, apparently someone named Devon Daniels plays for Utah and he got suspended. Does anyone know why?
              It's Utah so it's either drugs or rape related, or both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                rape related.

Seriously? I can't remember a single athlete-related rape issue at the U of U. Are you thinking of Utah State?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                  Seriously?

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Oh, ok. So you were joking. Good one! Rape jokes always bring down the house.

Comment

Seriously? I can't remember a single athlete-related rape issue at the U of U. Are you thinking of Utah State?
                      BYU is the only state school that I can remember having had a rape scandal.
                      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                        BYU is the only state school that I can remember having had a rape scandal.
                        Torrey Green is pissed.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

Should have gone with armed robbery, Moli.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Should have gone with armed robbery, Moli.
                            Or indecent exposure.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Or condom theft.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Oh, ok. So you were joking. Good one! Rape jokes always bring down the house.
                                Good point. You are very clearly a sensitive soul. I take great comfort in knowing that every time someone makes a joke in bad taste about BYU on the Ute board that you will jump in and correct the record or, at the least, let them know what they are behaving badly.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X