No announcement yet.

2016-2017 NCAA Hoops Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UCLA's a fun team to watch. TJ Leaf and Lonzo Ball are good.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
      Yes they are. Ball will need some NBA help with that weird stroke but he has a tremendous career ahead of him.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
        TJ Leaf is such a great college player. Seems kind of a tweener in the NBA, but i think he's good enough he'll figure it out. UCLA is stacked.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

Grayson Allen needs to sit out for a while.
          A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
            Grayson Allen needs to sit out for a while.
            Just watched the latest clip. In slow motion it looks bad, but who knows? Crazy unintentional stuff can happen when you're flying into the bench like that. The FSU assistant who got pushed over apparently doesn't feel like it was on purpose. The problem is Allen has had enough despicable behavior on the court that he will NEVER get the benefit of the doubt again. Anything that looks even slightly off will be viewed as intentional.

Comment

Ugh, another terrible article from SL media about local teams and their NCAA chances. Nothing surprising or terribly off about what it says about BYU, but it has this nice, heavily biased gem in its section about Utah:

The good news is that Utah doesn't have any bad losses that will hold it back come March. So, all it needs is a couple of signature wins to put it in the field of 68, and it will get two chances this week against USC and UCLA at home.

Yeah, USF at #160 in the rpi isn't a bad loss? Bwhahaha. I'd be curious to know if the author would also not think it's a bad loss if BYU were to lose to USF.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...es.html?pg=all
              Last edited by BlueK; 01-11-2017, 12:49 PM.

Comment

What a bummer for Creighton's PG Watson. That guy is a stud and had/has a really bright future. Their coach is saying he is going with a point guard by committee. I'm hoping they can come up with a good rotation to make up for the loss. They have been a fun team to watch this year.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                  What a bummer for Creighton's PG Watson. That guy is a stud and had/has a really bright future. Their coach is saying he is going with a point guard by committee. I'm hoping they can come up with a good rotation to make up for the loss. They have been a fun team to watch this year.
                  They have an incredibly talented team and that is a huge loss - but more for the individual than the team. He was having a great season, such a shame for him. I think Creighton's overall talent takes them to the Dance where they have a great chance to make some noise. Patton is a legit 1st round NBA prospect and Foster and Huff can be dangerous. So impressed by what McDermott has been able to do since that team starring his son.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

Anybody watch Duke vs NC State tonight? Great game. Tuned in with 6 minutes left and NCS was down by 9 pts. Kept fighting and ended up winning for the first time since 1995? at Duke. Last few minutes were nuts.

Bonus: Fun to see the Tripper and Traitor Jackson lose.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Anybody watch Duke vs NC State tonight? Great game. Tuned in with 6 minutes left and NCS was down by 9 pts. Kept fighting and ended up winning for the first time since 1995? at Duke. Last few minutes were nuts.

This is in the BYU basketball thread because...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I saw it. That was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                          This is in the BYU basketball thread because...
                          To annoy donuthole!

(whoops. fixed)
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

To annoy donuthole!

(whoops. fixed)
                            If annoying D-hole is the goal, let the good times roll.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

i recorded it to check out Dennis Smith Jr, but haven't watched it yet. i'm excited to watch it.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                i recorded it to check out Dennis Smith Jr, but haven't watched it yet. i'm excited to watch it.
                                He lives up to the hype.

However Jackson does a good job guarding him. When Frank goes to the bench without about 4:30 minutes left, Smith goes off.
                                *Banned*

Comment

Working...
                                X