Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I would guess the protests and the reaction from the left have done nothing but solidify his base of support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      Probably true. My dad and in laws would probably still vote for him
      Trumpologists are unbelievable. Defending Putin, the whole nine...
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Yeah, I would guess the protests and the reaction from the left have done nothing but solidify his base of support.

But wouldn't just 35,000 votes turn things around? Running someone not named HClinton should help immensely.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
          Defending Putin, the whole nine...
          Huh? Didn't the UN Ambassador just castigate Russian intrusion into the Ukraine and state the Crimea is part of Ukraine?

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Yeah, I would guess the protests and the reaction from the left have done nothing but solidify his base of support.

This is what I have been trying to tell friends and family that are in a perpetual state of protest right now. But they feel their conscience demands that they do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
              But wouldn't just 35,000 votes turn things around? Running someone not named HClinton should help immensely.
              Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
              This is what I have been trying to tell friends and family that are in a perpetual state of protest right now. But they feel their conscience demands that they do it.
              I don't mind the protest marches (insofar as they remain peaceful). Social media is insufferable, but social media "protests" (on-line petitions, et al) are moot anyway.

However, the immediate reaction by the far Left after the election turned me off. The demands to eliminate the EC, the meaningless recounts, the baseless accusations of foreign tampering all signaled to me that the Left is NOT the responsible steward of our republic that they said they would be during the election campaign. "Horrifying" was the word Mrs. Clinton used and it was prescient. I voted for Clinton. But if the election were held again today, I would do what my better half did... abstain.
              Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 02-04-2017, 01:24 PM.
              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

This is getting ridiculous. I mean, it's been somewhat entertaining for the first couple weeks but 4 years of this is going to wear everyone out. Is there anyway we can pass an amendment to have a one time presidential election in 2018? With Trump's approval ratings at the lowest for any president at this point, I'm starting to think it might be a possibility.
                I'm also going to get worn out by people here who.cannot.respond.to.criticisms.of.Trump.without. bringing.up.liberals.or.CNN (not you, by they way).
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                  It's called the Outrage of the Newly Informed.
                  "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                    I'm also going to get worn out by people here who.cannot.respond.to.criticisms.of.Trump.without. bringing.up.liberals.or.CNN (not you, by they way).
                    Monolithic arguments cut both ways, e.g. only xenophobes, racists, and chauvinists could vote for and can still support Trump.
                    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                      I don't mind the protest marches (insofar as they remain peaceful). Social media is insufferable, but social media "protests" (on-line petitions, et al) are moot anyway.

However, the immediate reaction by the far Left after the election turned me off. The demands to eliminate the EC, the meaningless recounts, the baseless accusations of foreign tampering all signaled to me that the Left is NOT the responsible steward of our republic that they said they would be during the election campaign. "Horrifying" was the word Mrs. Clinton used and it was prescient. I voted for Clinton. But if the election were held again today, I would do what my better half did... abstain.
                      Yep, the Dems run the risk of falling in love with "activism" that only serves to drive the middle to the right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                        Monolithic arguments cut both ways, e.g. only xenophobes, racists, and chauvinists could vote for and can still support Trump.
                        I'm talking about CS. Have you seen that at all here? I don't think I have.

If so, I will get tired of that lazy argument as well! But not as quickly as the other way around, because really, those people by and large support Trump
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

I'm talking about CS. Have you seen that at all here? I don't think I have.

If so, I will get tired of that lazy argument as well! But not as quickly as the other way around, because really, those people by and large support Trump
                          I was speaking generally and assumed that you were too; sorry about that.

Are there any self-identifying Trump supporters here? No. None. Why? Probably not for fear of being labeled a racist, chauvinist, xenophobe, or Nazi... but because they would be ridiculed incessantly.

Comment

• Gorsuch has to be hating Trump/Bannon's running feud with the judiciary ("so-called judge", lol) over their EO. The Dems, and probably some Repubs, will question him on that during his hearing. It'll be interesting to see how he separates himself from T/B while trying not to embarrass them.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              Gorsuch has to be hating Trump/Bannon's running feud with the judiciary ("so-called judge", lol) over their EO. The Dems, and probably some Repubs, will question him on that during his hearing. It'll be interesting to see how he separates himself from T/B while trying not to embarrass them.
                              He will deflect by refusing to comment upon a case that might come before him.
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

People? I thought it was just me

Comment

Working...
                                X