Page 358 of 393 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368 ... LastLast
Results 10,711 to 10,740 of 11788

Thread: President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    We cannot bring troops home because that would not be in {insert any country not named America here}'s best interest... instead it would be playing right into the hands of {insert one of Russia, Iran, or North Korea}.

Rinse.

Repeat.
    It’ll be no surprise but I kind of feel the same way. It gets tiring playing democracies policeman all over the world. At some point other countries need to put forth a respectively similar effort.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    It’ll be no surprise but I kind of feel the same way. It gets tiring playing democracies policeman all over the world. At some point other countries need to put forth a respectively similar effort.
    I don't disagree. In fact, I agree fully. But that is completely irrelevant to this particular issue in Northern Syria.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    I don't disagree. In fact, I agree fully. But that is completely irrelevant to this particular issue in Northern Syria.
    Last edited by Uncle Ted; 10-08-2019 at 07:24 PM.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

That is irrelevant. He is not bringing anyone home. Moreover, there is a question as to whether this particular use of military personnel does, in fact, fall under the War Powers act because they were there only in the nature of advisors (although I realize the weakness of that argument). That said, the reality is that we were there, we were working with the Kurds, who have suffered over 10k in casualties fighting ISIS for themselves but also at our behest, and then, when the Turks want to roll into town to clear them out we step back and let it happen. It would be one thing it this was Turkey in the west-friendly days of Attaturk, but this is an action by one of the worst dictators in the world.
    We mos def should not leave Syria until the job is done or until the constantly shifting and never defined objective is met, because... dictators.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

We mos def should not leave Syria until the job is done or until the constantly shifting and never defined objective is met, because... dictators.
    This decision by Trump was neither policy based nor strategic. He was not trying to meet your goal on isolationism nor was he trying to advance our interests in any way whatsoever. Instead, he was responding to a direct personal request/suggestion by a brutal dictator knowing that the result would be attacks on communities and troops that had served along side Americans and done our bidding against ISIS. So please save your sanctimony about avoiding ME entanglements, with which policy I fully agree, for some time when it matters or applies. The fact is Trump moved our forces (he MOVED he did NOT withdraw) solely so Erdogan could kill Kurds. This isn't conjectural or merely a potentiality. It is happening right now. Today. And it is despicable and shameful and can only undermine American interests in that theater as well as anywhere we try to convince anyone we are a reliable ally. OF all the things that Trump has done that are questionable or misguided, and there are many, this one bothers me the most because it has led directly and immediately to deaths among those we had just a few days ago been fighting alongside.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

This decision by Trump was neither policy based nor strategic. He was not trying to meet your goal on isolationism nor was he trying to advance our interests in any way whatsoever. Instead, he was responding to a direct personal request/suggestion by a brutal dictator knowing that the result would be attacks on communities and troops that had served along side Americans and done our bidding against ISIS. So please save your sanctimony about avoiding ME entanglements, with which policy I fully agree, for some time when it matters or applies. The fact is Trump moved our forces (he MOVED he did NOT withdraw) solely so Erdogan could kill Kurds. This isn't conjectural or merely a potentiality. It is happening right now. Today. And it is despicable and shameful and can only undermine American interests in that theater as well as anywhere we try to convince anyone we are a reliable ally. OF all the things that Trump has done that are questionable or misguided, and there are many, this one bothers me the most because it has led directly and immediately to deaths among those we had just a few days ago been fighting alongside.
    Air and artillery strikes going on right now. Turkish leaders have already mocked Trump's threat of economic retaliation. What a disaster.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Agree completely.

Isn't that exactly what the Kurds were doing by fighting ISIS on our behalf?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Air and artillery strikes going on right now. Turkish leaders have already mocked Trump's threat of economic retaliation. What a disaster.
    Turkey has also denied that they are going to take care of the ISIS prisoners. They expect that to be an international effort. Turkey's military operations have really just one goal: genocide of the Kurdish people.

We mos def need to employ the US Military as the world's police force when Bad Things Happen™. If we don't, then it will be a Disaster™.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

We mos def need to employ the US Military as the world's police force when Bad Things Happen. If we don't, then it will be a Disaster.
    Lol. You’re such a dork.

Why did your device convert those trademark symbols into images? No UTF-8 support?

Quote Originally Posted by UVACoug View Post
    Isn't that exactly what the Kurds were doing by fighting ISIS on our behalf?
    They paid the heaviest price.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Lol. You’re such a dork.
    Pat Buchanan 2020!

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

The betrayal the Kurds guts our human intel connections in the region, and Turkey, the ISIS enabler might just play a role in breathing life back into that awful organization.

Thanks Trump! So glad we didn’t get Hillary.
    Last edited by frank ryan; 10-09-2019 at 07:53 PM.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/11...885480448?s=19

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Impeachment for just being gross, please.

LOL... he does a good impression of Peter Strzok. Maybe if this president thing doesn't work out they can cast him as Peter Strzok in the movie.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    The betrayal the Kurds guts our human intel connections in the region, and Turkey, the ISIS enabler might just play a role in breathing life back into that awful organization.

Thanks Trump! So glad we didn’t get Hillary.
    No kidding...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

lol

What a remarkable fiasco. He just opens his mouth and crap spews forth.

President Trump has made 13,435 false or misleading claims over 993 days

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    lol

What a remarkable fiasco. He just opens his mouth and crap spews forth.

President Trump has made 13,435 false or misleading claims over 993 days
    Is that all?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

wtf?

Trump stuns Harry Dunn’s parents, says woman in crash that killed their son is nearby and able to meet

Dunn’s parents say Trump offered his condolences before quickly alerting them that Sacoolas was in the building. “It took your breath away when he mentioned it the first time,” Dunn’s father said.

With no prior knowledge that a meeting had been set up, Dunn’s parents declined to participate, saying that a meeting should take place on British soil and at a time when they felt more prepared.

“We’ve said all along we are willing to meet her, but it has to be with therapists and mediators. And that’s not just for us; it’s for her as well,” said Charles, the mother. “To be thrown into a room together with no prior warning, that’s not good for her mental health, and it’s certainly not good for ours.”

“There was a bit of pressure, but we stuck to our guns,” added Dunn, the father, explaining that Trump asked them two or three times to meet with Sacoolas.

What do you mean? Isn't that how things are done on reality TV?

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

Strong bipartisan condemnation of Trumps move in Syria.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

A war not approved by Congress, that Congress disapproves of ending. Perfect.

Go get 'em Dems... don't let President Trump end Obama's war!

Yeah, that's what they disapprove of.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Maybe they mainly disapprove of letting a geopolitical foe slaughter our allies wholesale?
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Strong bipartisan condemnation of Trumps move in Syria.

Cool... the Dems agree with the warmongers. Now let’s kick Turkey out of NATO and start carpet bombing them with the drones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Cool... the Dems agree with the warmongers. Now let’s kick Turkey out of NATO and start carpet bombing them with the drones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Should we get our nukes out of Turkey first?