Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is worth watching from Vice

"Cantwell is a prominent “alt-right” shock jock who came to Charlottesville to speak at the “United the Right” rally. In the documentary, Cantwell and a posse of assorted white supremacists speak forcefully about the warped theories underpinning what they consider to be an impending and inevitable race war.

“We’re not non-violent, we’ll fucking kill these people if we have to,” he tells Vice News Tonight correspondent, Elle Reeve, after we’ve seen him rinsing mace off his face with milk.

Following the car attack that took the life of one of the protesters, 31-year-old Heather Heyer, and injured 19 others, Cantwell showed no regret, much less remorse. “I’d say it was worth it,” Cantwell says. “The fact that nobody on our side died, I’d go ahead and call that points for us.”

“I think a lot more people are going to die here,” he says, smirking, and predicted even more violent encounters in the future."

http://www.motherjones.com/media/201...-battle-lines/

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
      Sure - I'll buy that the dude committing the crime wouldn't necessarily view an immigrant family as "American". But maybe that's exactly what Trump WAS trying to say. This violence was against AMERICANS.
      That's the beauty of the way he phrased it, isn't it? Why not just a simple "racist violence against immigrants is repugnant?" Not much a KKK or neo-nazi can take license from to that statement. But the way he did say it -- to someone who wants to believe the victims didn't merit being called Americans, it's throwing them a bone or a wink and a nudge, as if to say, "yeah, I get it, we have to slam the damn doors shut to these folks." Sure, unless you can read Trump's mind you don't know for sure. But you have to admit it's a lot easier to read that mind after tonight.

There is nothing new about public officials talking in this kind of doublespeak. It's been going on for the entire history of racist hate groups having to be underground. To people like David Duke it is loud and clear that this public official is with them, thus his statements at the riot/rally. To nice folks it goes over their heads.
      Last edited by BlueK; 08-15-2017, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        This is worth watching from Vice

"Cantwell is a prominent “alt-right” shock jock who came to Charlottesville to speak at the “United the Right” rally. In the documentary, Cantwell and a posse of assorted white supremacists speak forcefully about the warped theories underpinning what they consider to be an impending and inevitable race war.

“We’re not non-violent, we’ll fucking kill these people if we have to,” he tells Vice News Tonight correspondent, Elle Reeve, after we’ve seen him rinsing mace off his face with milk.

Following the car attack that took the life of one of the protesters, 31-year-old Heather Heyer, and injured 19 others, Cantwell showed no regret, much less remorse. “I’d say it was worth it,” Cantwell says. “The fact that nobody on our side died, I’d go ahead and call that points for us.”

“I think a lot more people are going to die here,” he says, smirking, and predicted even more violent encounters in the future."

http://www.motherjones.com/media/201...-battle-lines/
        "Some of these folks were really good people, believe me"

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
          "Some of these folks were really good people, believe me"
          I don't believe a really good person, no matter how sincere the belief in the ostensible cause, would go to, let alone remain at, a rally in support of that cause once he/she realized the organizers were a bunch of neo-Nazis and white nationalists. If I were such a person, and I found myself amidst a bunch of torch-carrying brownshirts shouting racist and anti-semitic crap, I think I'd tiptoe away as quickly as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
            A bright spot in a thoroughly depressing day.
            Holy shit! That last paragraph!

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Wife With A Purpose done f*ked up!
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Mitt gets it.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                  that press conference was an absolute shitshow and a disgrace to the office of potus. lol at you literal window licking idiots who think it was defensible in any respect. shame on you for your equivocation and implicit support of this.
                  Just saw the press conference. The President of the United States refuses to unequivocally condemns Nazi, proving that the prior statement of condemnation was a farce. That is just unbelievable.

John Kasich on TV this morning eviscerating Trump. Not sure I ever recall a president so thoroughly condemned the leaders of his own party. And rightly so.

Yes, at this point anyone still trying to parse and equivocate and defend Trump is an idiot. Good grief, there is no way to spin this. He has crossed a very bright line.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Just saw the press conference. The President of the United States refuses to unequivocally condemns Nazi, proving that the prior statement of condemnation was a farce. That is just unbelievable.

John Kasich on TV this morning eviscerating Trump. Not sure I ever recall a president so thoroughly condemned the leaders of his own party. And rightly so.

Yes, at this point anyone still trying to parse and equivocate and defend Trump is an idiot. Good grief, there is no way to spin this. He has crossed a very bright line.
                    Careful, you are going to draw the ire of the Trump normalizers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      The Trump as an idiot line was crossed a long, long time ago.
                      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                        The Trump as an idiot line was crossed a long, long time ago.
                        Jeff means those who defend Trump's racism are idiots.

Comment

They have been quiet since the wheels off press conference. Some will probably be back at some point to defend some more. But I do think Trump with his performance knocked a few others off his own bandwagon.

Comment

Why? In this case Trump's being a dope. JL is rational in his Trump criticism and is palatable when compared to the guy who cries wolf twenty times a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                              Why? In this case Trump's being a dope. JL is rational in his Trump criticism and is palatable when compared to the guy who cries wolf twenty times a day.
                              You're an idiot and consistently wrong about all things political. I'll say it again, the fact you "loved" Trump's inauguration speech disqualifies you from the being the voice of reason.
                              Last edited by frank ryan; 08-16-2017, 07:23 AM.

Comment

You're an idiot and consistently wrong about all things political. I'll say it again, the fact you "loved" Trump's inauguration speech disqualifies you from the being the voice of reason.
                                Riiiiiiiiiight

Enjoying your own personal echo chamber?

Comment

Working...
                                X