Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    Good article. Considering that Robert E. Lee was the general of a treasonous army that declared war on the United States of America I'm on board with destroying any glory given to him and the confederacy. Long overdue to burn it all down. Kind of reminds me of Rommel. Sure he may have been a helluva guy and brilliant military tactician, but he was still a Nazi. Game over. Bad guys lost and don't get statues.
    Not to mention that many of these statues went up in the 50s and 60s as a direct attack on the idea of the civil rights movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      I edited my dig, but it was too late, you already quoted me. I do remember you remarking that you were glad Trump defeated Hillary. No, I don't agree with you. Why shouldn't Trump be scrutinized? He is an awful person. Why should he be given a pass past presidents didn't receive.
      I did not say that. Show me where I did and I will apologize, but I have said I understand WHY he won.

As to the rest of your post, what on earth are you talking about? I never said Trtump shouldnt be scrutinized. Thats ludicrous. Here (with typos) is what I asked you:

DO you dispute the point of my post? Rather than show collusion/cooperation the emails referenced show the OPPOSITE, yet are presented as though they are meaningful for some purpose other than cross-examination of Manafort.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
        the tiki torches are hilarious
        Yeah, what the hell? An embarrassment to nazis everywhere.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• that press conference was an absolute shitshow and a disgrace to the office of potus. lol at you literal window licking idiots who think it was defensible in any respect. shame on you for your equivocation and implicit support of this.
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            Good article. Considering that Robert E. Lee was the general of a treasonous army that declared war on the United States of America I'm on board with destroying any glory given to him and the confederacy. Long overdue to burn it all down. Kind of reminds me of Rommel. Sure he may have been a helluva guy and brilliant military tactician, but he was still a Nazi. Game over. Bad guys lost and don't get statues.
            Agree, but in fairness to Rommel, he agreed to participate in a plot to assassinate Hitler, overthrow the Nazis, and end the war. The plot was discovered and he was allowed to commit suicide with a cyanide pill rather than face execution. Even so, he was an ardent Nazi enthusiast for many years.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
              I did not say that. Show me where I did and I will apologize, but I have said I understand WHY he won.

As to the rest of your post, what on earth are you talking about? I never said Trtump shouldnt be scrutinized. Thats ludicrous. Here (with typos) is what I asked you:

DO you dispute the point of my post? Rather than show collusion/cooperation the emails referenced show the OPPOSITE, yet are presented as though they are meaningful for some purpose other than cross-examination of Manafort.
              From 05-31-2017, 06:45 PM

Originally posted by creekster View Post
              You know as bad as trump has been I remain glad that Hilary is not In Office. She is awful.
              Sure seems you have a preference.

Comment

• As someone who leans heavily Libertarian, I say that one of the most repugnant things Trump said today was to assert that the neo-nazis and white nationalists were protesting legally but that the counter protesters were illegal because the first group had an effing "permit." As if the government gets to decide if someone can exercise their Constitutional rights to assemble and express their opinions. THAT is going to be lost on a a lot of people, but it speaks volumes about what Trump's general attitude is about liberty and Constitutional rights. It's the government that gets to decide whether your ideas merit a voice or not.

Yes, I know why a city actually issues permits...logistics, safety, I get it. Trump doesn't though. The fact he doesn't think that silly argument is utterly laughable in this context says all you need to know about his puny authoritarian mind. This one argument he made essentially seals the deal that he's firmly on the side of the white nationalists, even after one of them killed someone. Disgusting. At least several prominent Republicans pushed back. I hope this is the beginning of the end of this absolute disaster of a president who is an embarrassment and an absolute piece of crap.
                Last edited by BlueK; 08-15-2017, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                  As someone who leans heavily Libertarian, I say that one of the most repugnant things Trump said today was to assert that the neo-nazis and white nationalists were protesting legally but that the counter protesters were illegal because the first group had an effing "permit." As if the government gets to decide if someone can exercise their Constitutional rights to assemble and express their opinions. THAT is going to be lost on a a lot of people, but it speaks volumes about what Trump's general attitude is about liberty and Constitutional rights. It's the government that gets to decide whether your ideas merit a voice or not.

Yes, I know why a city actually issues permits...logistics, safety, I get it. Trump doesn't though. The fact he doesn't think that silly argument is utterly laughable says all you need to know about his puny authoritarian mind. This one argument he made essentially seals the deal that he's firmly on the side of the white nationalists, even after one of them killed someone. Disgusting. At least several prominent Republicans pushed back. I hope this is the beginning of the end of this absolute disaster of a president who is an embarrassment and an absolute piece of crap.
                  It's worth repeating that Trump kept a book of Hitler's speeches by his bed, and his dad was a racist and arrested for violence at a Klan rally. This president is a disaster and an embarrassment.

Comment

• David Duke appreciated Trump's remarks:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7895451.html

Comment

• Sure, Charles Pierce isn't an objective observer (his asterisk after each reference to "president" is lame and pointless), but his Esquire critique of Trump's unfortunate press conference today is a quick and fun read.

Here's the intro...

The reviews are in! "…a stunning tour de force…" — Jake Tapper, CNN.

I'm only kidding here. After the president* took his sojourn into the izonkosphere on Tuesday afternoon, CNN cut back to Tapper, who looked very much like a man who had seen space aliens humping in his jacuzzi. I give him credit for having been able to say anything at all. I sat there in silent awe and petrified wonder for a good two minutes.

All the hinges are gone now. The rails are far behind. The trolley is missing and presumed lost. The president* came down to the lobby of his Manhattan tower, ostensibly to sign an executive order on "infrastructure." He then took questions and we all went on a magic carpet ride through what he really thinks about the events in Charlottesville last weekend. For three days, whatever sensible people remain at Camp Runamuck have been trying to find some way to run damage control on the president*'s initial, ridiculous non-response to those events, whereupon, on Tuesday, the president* stepped up to the mic and blew all that work into tiny bits. Quite simply, the only president* we have lost his shit so badly on live TV that he'll never be able to find it again.

Comment

• These remarks by Clinton have proven to be true.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/this-2016-s...-viral-1634992

Comment

David Duke appreciated Trump's remarks:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7895451.html
                          Wait, I thought Trump condemned Duke's organization!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                            Wait, I thought Trump condemned Duke's organization!
                            Let's see if he pardons Arpaio: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...oe_arpaio.html

Comment

Purposeful is having a crisis of faith.

A bright spot in a thoroughly depressing day.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Richard Spencer wasn't too concerned when Trump condemned racists:

"White supremacist leader Richard Spencer asserted Monday that President Donald Trump wasn’t being “serious” when he denounced hate groups by name, two days after blaming “many sides” for violence at a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

“The statement today was more kumbaya nonsense,” Spencer said at a press conference. “You can say racism is evil; we should all love one another; the sun should always shine, seven days a week; everyone should be above average; everyone should be a wonderful athlete; everyone should love each other. It’s just silliness.”

“It’s not serious, and I don’t think anyone takes it seriously, including the President,” he added.

Spencer is widely credited with creating the term “alt-right” as a description of internet-savvy white racists and misogynists. He’s also the president of the National Policy Institute, at whose annual conference he made news in November by proclaiming: “Hail Trump, hail our people, hail victory!” to a smattering of Nazi salutes.

“I don’t think Donald Trump is a dumb person,” Spencer added of Trump’s remarks. “And only a dumb person would take those lines seriously. I mean, you’d have to be a really — I mean, again, it sounded like something out of Sunday school.”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...n-isnt-serious

Comment

Working...
                                X