Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    In the end, I think everyone underestimated the nervous Trump voters, the ones who support him privately but don't admit it publicly.
    "I can't believe Nixon won. I don’t know anybody who voted for him."
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      Well now we know exactly what he won't do. Nobody is as wrong as CMBF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That's not exactly true, I was #5 in the football predictions until I failed to post a pick in the last game.
      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
        Congress tried to act as a check against Obama, so did the courts, look at what happened with the IRS matter and how the courts admonished the government's attorneys in that matter.

Look at how the Justice Department stonewalled any serious investigation into Clinton's email server and into the Clinton Foundation. Many people within Nixon's Justice Department wouldn't consent to Nixon's efforts to control the Watergate investigation, look where that went. We received a glimpse of a fully politicized Justice Department with what happened in the Clinton investigations. Imagine what could happen with a fully politicized Trump Justice Department.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
          Exactly. Was this during the Humphreys battle of 1968 or the McGovern battle of 1972? I was looking for that quote.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
            My facebook feed is full of people who claim to be at a loss as to what to tell their children about Trump's election because their seemingly young children (many many under 10 years old) are frightened by Trump and now that he is elected they just aren't sure how their kids would cope. If this is true, these parents caused this fear for their children and have nobody but themselves to blame. Kid's can't understand the nuance and these parents own rhetoric has cause the fear their children fear.
            Yesterday morning a co-worker told me that her daughter came home from school and asked her if Hillary was going to bomb America. Some of the other kids at school were saying that Hillary was in charge of ISIS, and if she won she was going to bomb America.

As a kid in third grade, we held our own Presidential Election to see who we thought should be president. I remember all of the talk of a bunch of 8-9 year olds, and in particular what a bad and incompetent person Jimmy Carter was. Thinking how could anyone POSSIBLY vote for a person as dumb and as bad as he was.

As adults, we ALL need to do a much better job of dropping the hyperbole of "horriblizing" the opposition. We can do much better at describing politics in terms of everyone wanting the USA to be a great country, being led by good people*, who just tend to disagree on the best way to do that. Kids take the hyperbole way too literally. As adults, we should know better.

*OK - I get it, sometimes people do/say things that make it difficult to describe them as "good people". I'm talking in general terms here, not necessarily about anyone in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
              Exactly. Was this during the Humphreys battle of 1968 or the McGovern battle of 1972? I was looking for that quote.
              https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Pauline_Kael

I guess this is the exact quote:
              "I live in a rather special world. I only know one person who voted for Nixon. Where they are I don't know. They're outside my ken. But sometimes when I'm in a theater I can feel them."

Often quoted as "How could Nixon have won? Nobody I know voted for him"; referring to George McGovern's loss to Richard Nixon in in the 1972 presidential election.

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Crockett View Post
                Apparently, during his "I won" speech last night Chaffetz said he was going to continue the inquiry into Hillary.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                  Just a sincere friendly suggestion. Change your avatar. You are starting to morph into that person and sounding as dumb as he looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                    Apparently, during his "I won" speech last night Chaffetz said he was going to continue the inquiry into Hillary.
                    Let it go, Jason.
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

If it appears as if it's heading that direction, it seems that Obama may pardon Hillary. It would be just about the only good thing he did while in office.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                        Let it go, Jason.
                        Totally agree. If they piss off those looking for blood, so be it. Let's give a real shot at looking forward not backward.

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                          Expand Guantanamo Bay.
                          actually i'm totally fine with that.
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                            If it appears as if it's heading that direction, it seems that Obama may pardon Hillary. It would be just about the only good thing he did while in office.
                            Comey said the email matter is closed, but the FBI has been investigating the Clinton Foundation for some time and that will continue. I think Hillary has repeatedly broken the law and lied about it -- and part of me would love to see Hillary in an orange jumpsuit -- but for the sake of healing and moving forward I would rather Trump not go after her. It would set a horrible precedent and take us closer to some banana republic. I'd like to see the Clinton Foundation shut down, though. That thing is dirty as hell.

Comment

Comey said the email matter is closed, but the FBI has been investigating the Clinton Foundation for some time and that will continue. I think Hillary has repeatedly broken the law and lied about it -- and part of me would love to see Hillary in an orange jumpsuit -- but for the sake of healing and moving forward I would rather Trump not go after her. It would set a horrible precedent and take us closer to some banana republic. I'd like to see the Clinton Foundation shut down, though. That thing is dirty as hell.
                              At this point, who cares? The Clinton's won't be able to dangle pay for play, so it will either legitimately continue as a charitable org, or it will wither on the vine for lack of contributions.

Comment

Chaffetz's and other Repub's zeal in going after HRC post-election will be an inverse function of their commitment and ability to advance new ideas and change.

Comment

Working...
                                X