Page 3 of 233 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
    I'm not sure that anyone knows what Trump's priorities or policies will be in office including him.
    The scene after Bill McKay wins in the Candidate may reflect reality. Trump may sitting around and thinking, "now what do we do?"
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

On the plus side, perhaps we can finally --FINALLY-- help Alec Baldwin move.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    Unless they move SNL, he isn't going anywhere. Dude was just guaranteed a re-occurring role for at least 4 years. With a studio option to extend it for 4 more.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Unless they move SNL, he isn't going anywhere. Dude was just guaranteed a re-occurring role for at least 4 years. With a studio option to extend it for 4 more.
    his impression isn't even good!
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    Hopefully he already bought his house in Spain like most of the other elites.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Hopefully he already bought his house in Spain like most of the other elites.
    So many celebs I'm sure are going to keep their promise and start planning their relocation to another country today. We will probably see a noticeable slow down in movies/tv/music over the next few months as they set up new studios.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Issue new dress codes

ef1e88488c1855a981571f200e208c6c.jpg
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    My kids wear uniforms to school. I think it helps and could help with society in general.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Force Mexico to pay for a wall.
    threaten nuclear war if they don't pay up. That'll do it. There could be some benefits from becoming a gangster nation.

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
    It needs to be shut down to send a message. It shouldn't be tolerated. It was not a charitable organization; less than 6% of income went to charity.
    5% or more is the requirement. So it fell within the law. What am I missing?
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    5% or more is the requirement. So it fell within the law. What am I missing?
    Yes, they fair and square paid 5.2%. The rest was for "internal" charity work, like Chelsea's yearly labors that were worth $800k to the world community in Paris, Hong Kong, Cannes, Tokyo, etc.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Feel the love and healing:

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Feel the love and healing:

What an excellent sense of history. The White House Enemies List did wonders for Nixon.

Seems Team Trump took down their SCOTUS list from the website.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    Seems Team Trump took down their SCOTUS list from the website.
    I'm guessing the first things Ruth Bader Ginsburg did this morning was tear up the DNR she gave to her caregivers, and then went to the gym.

Default President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I'm guessing the first things Ruth Bader Ginsburg did this morning was tear up the DNR she gave to her caregivers, and then went to the gym.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    Yes, they fair and square paid 5.2%. The rest was for "internal" charity work, like Chelsea's yearly labors that were worth $800k to the world community in Paris, Hong Kong, Cannes, Tokyo, etc.
    and how does that make it any different from the 95% of private foundations established by the wealthy?
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

and how does that make it any different from the 95% of private foundations established by the wealthy?
    It probably doesn't. They are ALL a joke. Seriously. I'm not sure how you can take a "charitable organization" seriously that uses 5-6% of their income for actual charitable work. Their should be a higher standard. 5-6%? That's Marie Antoinette telling the poor to eat cake.

Krugman tried to warn voters...

Paul Krugman: Trump will bring global recession

The economic fallout of a Donald Trump presidency will probably be severe and widespread enough to plunge the world into recession, New York Times columnist Paul Krugman warned in a New York Times opinion piece published early Wednesday.

Calling Trump the "mother of all adverse effects," the Nobel Prize-winning economist predicted that the GOP nominee's administration could quickly undo the progress that the markets around the world have made in the eight years since the financial crisis.

"Under any circumstances, putting an irresponsible, ignorant man who takes his advice from all the wrong people in charge of the nation with the world's most important economy would be very bad news," he wrote. "What makes it especially bad right now, however, is the fundamentally fragile state much of the world is still in."

Krugman's pessimistic view comes in the wake of a more than 800-point plunge in U.S. stock futures that coincided with Trump's increasingly strong showing in the polls. Trump has repeatedly attacked the Federal Reserve, accusing Chairwoman Janet Yellen of keeping interest rates low in a bid to help the economy and get Hillary Clinton elected.

[...]
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...on-2016-231055

I guess no one reads his opinion column any more.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Let's hope he misses as badly as he has in the past.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Krugman's pessimistic view comes in the wake of a more than 800-point plunge in U.S. stock futures that coincided with Trump's increasingly strong showing in the polls.
    So then what does it mean that the Dow closed up 256 points today?

Edit: Nevermind. I see this was discussed in one of the other two threads.
    Last edited by Bo Diddley; 11-09-2016 at 06:04 PM.

Yes, and those 95% are also getting their donations from trading favors with the political connections of its principals.

How did the Clintons develop wealth in the hundreds of millions of dollars after supposedly leaving office essentially penniless?

I guess no one's making the argument anymore about all that internal charity work being done by the Clinton Foundation.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    Yes, and those 95% are also getting their donations from trading favors with the political connections of its principals.

How did the Clintons develop wealth in the hundreds of millions of dollars after supposedly leaving office essentially penniless?

I guess no one's making the argument anymore about all that internal charity work being done by the Clinton Foundation.
    People act like these speaking fees are outrageous.

At his height Lance Armstrong was charging 250k and doing 10-12 speaking gigs a year. I believe his net worth was close to 150mm.

I believe Sarah Palin charges 100k.

They left the WH almost 20 years ago, is it really that surprising they are worth a couple hundred million dollars?

Speaking fees/talks to Wall Street the most over exaggerated thing ever.

Faith crisis consultant SeattleUte's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Well now we know exactly what he won't do. Nobody is as wrong as CMBF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Haha. So true.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Haha. So true.
    Here's another prediction from a while back: you haven't sodomized yourself in the past week.
    Last edited by Color Me Badd Fan; 11-09-2016 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Let's hope he misses as badly as he has in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    So then what does it mean that the Dow closed up 256 points today?

Edit: Nevermind. I see this was discussed in one of the other two threads.
    Yeah, Krugman has a yuge record of being right... if you ask him.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Maybe Trump will amend antitrust laws to remove all exemptions for professional sports leagues.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Quote Originally Posted by fusnik View Post
    People act like these speaking fees are outrageous.

At his height Lance Armstrong was charging 250k and doing 10-12 speaking gigs a year. I believe his net worth was close to 150mm.

I believe Sarah Palin charges 100k.

They left the WH almost 20 years ago, is it really that surprising they are worth a couple hundred million dollars?

Speaking fees/talks to Wall Street the most over exaggerated thing ever.
    but what value could the former president and first lady possibly provide to institutions seeking inspiration and insight with respect to macroeconomic trends?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Public View Post
    Maybe Trump will amend antitrust laws to remove all exemptions for professional sports leagues.
    he does hate the nfl...

Yeah, if Obama is smart he would shut this sh*t down before Trump and the republicans take over...

President Obama Should Shut Down the NSA’s Mass Spying Before It’s Too Late

Modern surveillance programs would be a disaster under President Trump

President Obama has just 71 days until Donald Trump is inaugurated as our next commander-in-chief. That means he has a matter of weeks to do one thing that could help prevent the United States from veering into fascism: declassifying and dismantling as much of the federal government’s unaccountable, secretive, mass surveillance state as he can — before Trump is the one running it.

During the Obama administration, warrantless spying programs have vastly expanded, giving the government more power than ever before to constantly monitor all of us by collecting our emails, texts, phone records, chats, real-time locations, purchases, and other private information en masse. This indiscriminate spying isn’t just happening in some National Security Agency bunker. It has reportedly spread throughout dozens of agencies, from local police departments to the Drug Enforcement Administration, Internal Revenue Service, and more.

Trump has repeatedly called for more government surveillance. And he has made it very clear exactly how he would use such powers: to target Muslims, immigrant families, marginalized communities, political dissidents, and journalists.
    [...]
    http://time.com/4565149/obama-trump-nsa-surveillance/

Oh wait, he said he was going to do this...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!