Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    UT is off his game tonight. As his chosen second, I will stand in his place:
    <https://www.forbes.com/2009/08/27/te...-robinson.html>

Picking his way through the Soviet archives that Boris Yeltsin had just thrown open, in 1991 Tim Sebastian, a reporter for the London Times, came across an arresting memorandum. Composed in 1983 by Victor Chebrikov, the top man at the KGB, the memorandum was addressed to Yuri Andropov, the top man in the entire USSR. The subject: Sen. Edward Kennedy.

“On 9-10 May of this year,” the May 14 memorandum explained, “Sen. Edward Kennedy’s close friend and trusted confidant [John] Tunney was in Moscow.” (Tunney was Kennedy’s law school roommate and a former Democratic senator from California.) “The senator charged Tunney to convey the following message, through confidential contacts, to the General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, Y. Andropov.”

Kennedy’s message was simple. He proposed an unabashed quid pro quo. Kennedy would lend Andropov a hand in dealing with President Reagan. In return, the Soviet leader would lend the Democratic Party a hand in challenging Reagan in the 1984 presidential election. “The only real potential threats to Reagan are problems of war and peace and Soviet-American relations,” the memorandum stated. “These issues, according to the senator, will without a doubt become the most important of the election campaign.”

Kennedy made Andropov a couple of specific offers.

First he offered to visit Moscow. “The main purpose of the meeting, according to the senator, would be to arm Soviet officials with explanations regarding problems of nuclear disarmament so they may be better prepared and more convincing during appearances in the USA.” Kennedy would help the Soviets deal with Reagan by telling them how to brush up their propaganda.

Then he offered to make it possible for Andropov to sit down for a few interviews on American television. “A direct appeal … to the American people will, without a doubt, attract a great deal of attention and interest in the country. … If the proposal is recognized as worthy, then Kennedy and his friends will bring about suitable steps to have representatives of the largest television companies in the USA contact Y.V. Andropov for an invitation to Moscow for the interviews. … The senator underlined the importance that this initiative should be seen as coming from the American side.”

Kennedy would make certain the networks gave Andropov air time–and that they rigged the arrangement to look like honest journalism.

Kennedy’s motives? “Like other rational people,” the memorandum explained, “[Kennedy] is very troubled by the current state of Soviet-American relations.” But that high-minded concern represented only one of Kennedy’s motives.

“Tunney remarked that the senator wants to run for president in 1988,” the memorandum continued. “Kennedy does not discount that during the 1984 campaign, the Democratic Party may officially turn to him to lead the fight against the Republicans and elect their candidate president.”

Kennedy proved eager to deal with Andropov–the leader of the Soviet Union, a former director of the KGB and a principal mover in both the crushing of the 1956 Hungarian Revolution and the suppression of the 1968 Prague Spring–at least in part to advance his own political prospects.
    i don't get it bro
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      This is all regular, par-for-the-course election stuff!

I love how some folks on here keep moving the goal posts. First it was "Russia didn't do anything," then it was "Russia wasn't trying to help any specific candidate," next it was "It's asinine to think Trump might have colluded, that is left-wing crazy talk," and now we're at "Any politician would have explored Russian offers of help."
      Ha! I've said all along that they should investigate it and see what they find. I've also said all along that there's no way this is the first time Russia tried to influence US elections.

The latest tinfoil hat theory making the rounds is that there is a reason Obama laughed Romney off the stage, saying that the 80's called and they want their foreign policy back. It was because Russia was helping him in his election - so Obama needed to do everything possible to paint Russia as not being a threat.

They are also saying that the whole open mic "I'll have more flexibility after the election" gaffe wasn't new information to Putin. It was Obama reasserting a prior agreement and reassuring Putin that nothing had changed.

Kind of cracks me up.

Comment

• ordinary course of business, nothing to see here:

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father," an email identified as being from Goldstone said. It was the first email in the chain released by Trump Jr., who helped during his father's presidential campaign but is not part of his White House staff.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump -- helped along by Aras and Emin.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
          ordinary course of business, nothing to see here:
          I mean... but that could have been sent by a 400 pound guy from New Jersey, though, amirite?
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
            I mean... but that could have been sent by a 400 pound guy from New Jersey, though, amirite?
            i think chris christie was busy at this point in time

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
              Ha! I've said all along that they should investigate it and see what they find. I've also said all along that there's no way this is the first time Russia tried to influence US elections.

The latest tinfoil hat theory making the rounds is that there is a reason Obama laughed Romney off the stage, saying that the 80's called and they want their foreign policy back. It was because Russia was helping him in his election - so Obama needed to do everything possible to paint Russia as not being a threat.

They are also saying that the whole open mic "I'll have more flexibility after the election" gaffe wasn't new information to Putin. It was Obama reasserting a prior agreement and reassuring Putin that nothing had changed.

Kind of cracks me up.
              This is a good trumpology. Much more subtle than UT's usual fare. I like it!
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• donny caught in a bald faced lie about the russians engaging in efforts to help daddy:

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  This is all regular, par-for-the-course election stuff!

I love how some folks on here keep moving the goal posts. First it was "Russia didn't do anything," then it was "Russia wasn't trying to help any specific candidate," next it was "It's asinine to think Trump might have colluded, that is left-wing crazy talk," and now we're at "Any politician would have explored Russian offers of help."
                  I love how some folks on here keep digging for some shred of evidence of a Russian connection to Drumpf only to find out that the Clintons and the DNC have more connections to the Ruskies. Y'all need to attack Drumpf for what he is... a dumb*ss bonehead that represents the republican party and your typical New Yorker. It is much easier to do that.

The russian lawyer meeting with Drumpf Jr was all just a Russian fishing trip for the democrats...

The Russian lawyer who met Donald Trump Jr and allegedly offered to supply damaging information about Hillary Clinton, is apparently linked to a firm that helped compile the notorious dossier of wild and unproven allegations about the US President.
                  [...]
                  The company had originally been hired by Republican rivals of Mr Trump during the primary campaign. After he secured the party's nomination, the company was instead paid by Democratic financial supporters of Ms Clinton. In the summer of 2016, GPS hired former British intelligence agent, Christopher Steele, to help their work.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    I love how some folks on here keep digging for some shred of evidence of a Russian connection to Drumpf
                    bro can u read

Comment

• President Trump: Making America Great Again...

So what is the goal post? I gather that frank thinks several goals have been reached/scored already? To what end? Is anyone surprised at all that Russia had a preference and acted to support their choice? So what extra are we looking for? Trump tweets about hrc emails the same day junior meets?? Oh my gosh!!

Of course all of that emails stuff was true. So I gather Russia's role was to shine light on the process? What was found that reveals undue or significant influence? Trump is an awful president, to be sure, but this russian obsession, so far, seems to be bearing little substantial fruit.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                        So what is the goal post? I gather that frank thinks several goals have been reached/scored already? To what end? Is anyone surprised at all that Russia had a preference and acted to support their choice? So what extra are we looking for? Trump tweets about hrc emails the same day junior meets?? Oh my gosh!!

Of course all of that emails stuff was true. So I gather Russia's role was to shine light on the process? What was found that reveals undue or significant influence? Trump is an awful president, to be sure, but this russian obsession, so far, seems to be bearing little substantial fruit.
                        you're right, we should actually be thanking the kremlin

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post

Let's start with the goalpost of 'when a foreign country offers to influence a national election, you say no'. It's pretty damning to judge the Trump campaign on that alone. I can't help with the legal question of collusion.

Yes, UT, I'm fully aware that there's a link somewhere that proves HRC got oppo from the Russians also.
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

you're right, we should actually be thanking the kremlin
                            Because that's what I said. This is exactly the sort of alarmist crap that makes this whole exercise of almost zero value.

What did the kremlin do??
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              Let's start with the goalpost of 'when a foreign country offers to influence a national election, you say no'. It's pretty damning to judge the Trump campaign on that alone. I can't help with the legal question of collusion.

Yes, UT, I'm fully aware that there's a link somewhere that proves HRC got oppo from the Russians also.
                              You really think that foreign countries don't do this sort of crap all the time? And you think that campaigns haven't listened to this all the time? What has been revealed here that is illegal?
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

bro can u read
                                Yeah man... I have read all kinds of DNC and Clinton emails that clearly show how the DNC and democratic party works, or really not works. Have the dems denied writing all those emails now? Are they now blaming the Russians for writing their emails as well?

The dems blame the Russians for hacking their emails so that indicates they own them. Let's assume for a moment that the Russians did hack the DNC's and Clinton campaigns emails (even though the only evidence I have seen shows that the DNC email compromise was an insider job and the Clinton campaign email compromise was due to a very simple minded phishing attack). Of course, we will never know how the DNC emails where compromised because the DNC refused to give any access to their server so they could analyze it...

So the best explanation we have to date is that the dems are bunch of dumb*sses and lost their emails due to simple phishing attack and most likely some insider leaker. I haven't seen any evidence that indicates otherwise. I have only seen the hearsay that Frank likes to post.

So if you have something to read that describes how the Russian hackers broke into our voting machines and hacked the election so Drumpf would win those states that Hillary thought she had in the bag then, by all means post, the link. I would be interested in reading it.
                                Last edited by Uncle Ted; 07-11-2017, 11:02 AM.
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X