Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Gentlemen (Shaka and Topper), I'm not questioning the need for Secret Service protection for a President's children (and the threat is far greater for his/her family than for the family of a Congressman from Dubuque). I think such protection should have reasonable limits, and that the protection cost of weekly nonessential travel to vacation hotspots around the world for adult children shouldn't be borne by the taxpayers.
    Yes but where do you draw the line? Do we secure them in a compound for the duration or do we figure out how to bill them if they want to travel? The Trump family could probably afford to pay for their security but what about the next president who isn't a billionaire but has adult children who want to live their lives?

There are some things I'm willing to pay for and this is one of them. I also didn't mind Michelle Obama taking her kids on vacation to faraway lands at taxpayer's expense.

Comment

Gentlemen (Shaka and Topper), I'm not questioning the need for Secret Service protection for a President's children (and the threat is far greater for his/her family than for the family of a Congressman from Dubuque). I think such protection should have reasonable limits, and that the protection cost of weekly nonessential travel to vacation hotspots around the world for adult children shouldn't be borne by the taxpayers.
      I agree that the family should be surcharged for pleasure visits. Other leverage on the President, I don't believe we should protect the politicians or their families. We already have the bottom of the barrel in terms of humanity. It couldn't get worse.
      Last edited by Topper; 07-04-2017, 10:52 AM.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Of all the dumb things trump has tweeted that one was pretty innocuous and kind of funny. At least he was shit talking someone who is rightfully despised.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            Of all the dumb things trump has tweeted that one was pretty innocuous and kind of funny. At least he was shit talking someone who is rightfully despised.

yeah, don't mind this. wish it was coherent, but don't mind it.
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• I kind of wish the guy who incessantly tweets shit about morning talk show hosts didn't have to be a hypocrite asking whether NK's leader "has anything better to do with his life".
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Yes, the SS should protect a President's children in their everyday activities, and should do so at taxpayer expense (interesting that you mention race, btw). Should that protection be extended without cost to adult children as they travel, at their personal choice, to Dubai, Scotland and other Trump resorts for the purpose of fattening their bottom lines?
                Maybe Drumpf could reverse the bill that Obama signed that gives SS protection for the rest of a former president's life:

With the stroke of a pen Thursday, President Barack Obama gave himself and his wife Secret Service protection for the rest of their lives.

The new law, which passed the House and Senate in December, designates that all former U.S. presidents who served after January 1, 1997, along with their spouses, receive protection from the Secret Service for their entire lifetimes – meaning former President George W. Bush and his wife Laura are also covered. The law also stipulates that children of presidents receive protection until the age of 16.

Lifetime government-provided security for former presidents was the law of the land until 1997, when Congress passed legislation limiting Secret Service protection to ten years after leaving office.

The 1997 law said any president serving before January 1, 1997 would still receive the lifelong protection. That means with the law signed Thursday, every former president – Jimmy Carter, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and George W. Bush – along with Obama will continue to receive Secret Service details for the rest of their lives.
                I suspect that is costing more than providing Drumpf's children protection. Who the hell cares about protecting former presidents anyway?
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I like how you are thinking, PAC, worrying about the taxpayers' money. Maybe to save money the government could just put former presidents in the witness protection program. Of course, Obama then would have to forfeit the $400,000 speeches he makes to wall street:

Obama’s $400,000 Cantor Speech Makes Him Wall Street's Newest Fat Cat

When he was president he called them “fat cats,” but now he’s likely thanking them for a huge payday.

Former President Barack Obama, less than 100 days out of office, has agreed to speak at a Wall Street conference run by Cantor Fitzgerald LP, senior people at the firm confirm to FOX Business. His speaking fee will be $400,000, which is nearly twice as much as Hillary Clinton, his secretary of state, and the 2016 Democratic Party candidate, charged private businesses for such events.
                  [...]
                  http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/...t-fat-cat.html
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Is it possible that CNN has thinner skin than Trump?

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Is it possible that CNN has thinner skin than Trump?

Good grief. Everyone is dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Is it possible that CNN has thinner skin than Trump?

Thanks HanA**holeSolo... you had to go and piss off @ChrisDummo

Now I don't think we will ever see the end of Drumpf/CNN videos...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                          I'm surprised our vigilant Libertarian has expressed concern about Trump's voter fraud commission asking states for non-publicly available data, like ssns and voting history. Seems like federal overreach to me. https://www.wired.com/story/trump-wa...d-go-wrong/amp
                          No government oversight in voting? That sounds just like the way the DNC rolls to me.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                            Maybe Drumpf could reverse the bill that Obama signed that gives SS protection for the rest of a former president's life:

I suspect that is costing more than providing Drumpf's children protection. Who the hell cares about protecting former presidents anyway?
                            This is a pretty dumb issue in the big picture, but I have no problem with lifelong protection for ex-Presidents; how else to protect them from having the truth about the JFK assassination and Area 51 being beaten out of them.

And while I think the children of a sitting president should be fully protected in the daily activities, including reasonable vacation trips, I'm surprised some apparently feel the Trump adult kids should have free, unlimited protection as they fly around the country for the purpose of flogging their brand and increasing their wealth, while exploiting their father's Presidency for personal gain. I assume those who believe this would have had no problem if Jimmy Carter's brother had racked up tens of millions of dollars in taxpayer expenses flying around the world promoting Billy Beer. Unlike Eric and Donny, Billy declined SS protection, but being surrounded by Secret Service helps attract attention and promotes the brand, so of course the Trumps would never do that.

Comment

This is a pretty dumb issue in the big picture, but I have no problem with lifelong protection for ex-Presidents; how else to protect them from having the truth about the JFK assassination and Area 51 being beaten out of them.
                              I have no problem with the secrets of the JFK assassinations and Area 51 beaten out of them... The public has a right to that information.

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              And while I think the children of a sitting president should be fully protected in the daily activities, including reasonable vacation trips, I'm surprised some apparently feel the Trump adult kids should have free, unlimited protection as they fly around the country for the purpose of flogging their brand and increasing their wealth, while exploiting their father's Presidency for personal gain. I assume those who believe this would have had no problem if Jimmy Carter's brother had racked up tens of millions of dollars in taxpayer expenses flying around the world promoting Billy Beer. Unlike Eric and Donny, Billy declined SS protection, but being surrounded by Secret Service helps attract attention and promotes the brand, so of course the Trumps would never do that.
                              Has it been determined that Russia is not a threat again? If so, then I agree. Only the Russians would kidnap the Trump kids.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                I like how you are thinking, PAC, worrying about the taxpayers' money. Maybe to save money the government could just put former presidents in the witness protection program. Of course, Obama then would have to forfeit the $400,000 speeches he makes to wall street:

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/...t-fat-cat.html
                                Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                No government oversight in voting? That sounds just like the way the DNC rolls to me.
                                Haha. Kellyanne Conway and Sean Hannity are chumps compared to our Uncle Ted. He is like a Trumpologist machine.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X