Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Where did I say it was the exact same? I said I wonder if the Russians, who I agreed with you in a different thread are a treat and should be concerning regardless of political affiliation, attempted to influence the previous election. Would that not be something concerning to you?
    I have no problem recognizing that I'm sure the Russians preferred Obama to Romney. Though, there weren't a bunch of hacked emails from Republican organizations showing up in that election, I don't think Russia unleashed their information warfare like they did this time. Who knows, I wouldn't be shocked if they tried something out. During that election, Putin wasn't president, his stooge Medvedev was and he might have been less aggressive than Putin. Trump, though, has well-established long term business partnerships with Russia(ns) so that is also an important difference.
    Last edited by frank ryan; 06-09-2017, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
      So if there is ANY difference we should just dismiss the comparison? Because there is always SOME difference.

DO you think that the Russians were NOT a threat at all in 2012 but became a YYYUGE threat in 2016?
      I've said MULTIPLE times Obama was wrong about Russia and WEAK when dealing with them. I've said just as much before the election btw. We paid a price for his failure to push back against them.

There are a FUCKTON of differences in the two situations and circumstances.

I just put some random words in all caps for you.
      Last edited by frank ryan; 06-09-2017, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        I've said MULTIPLE times Obama was wrong about Russia and WEAK when dealing with them. I've said just as much before the election btw. We paid a price for his failure to push back against them.

There are a FUCKTON of differences in the two situations and circumstances.

I just put some random words in all caps for you.
        So Russia is a huge threat and we should sound the war drums like McCain?
        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
          Trump didn't collude/coordinate with Putin or any other Russians in the election. Trump is an idiot but even dumber are people who think Trump and the Russians were working together during the election.

Isn't it obvious that as others have said Trump doesn't even collude/coordinate with members of his own team and family? He sure as hell isn't colluding with the Russians.
          Yep. Occams Razor seems to be saying there was no collusion but Russia certainly tampered with the election. The most logical reason is that Putin hates Clinton, and for good reason. Put in also likes totalitarian leaders and Trump showed those tendencies during the election. This isn't rocket science.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            Yep. Occams Razor seems to be saying there was no collusion but Russia certainly tampered with the election. The most logical reason is that Putin hates Clinton, and for good reason. Put in also likes totalitarian leaders and Trump showed those tendencies during the election. This isn't rocket science.

More logical is the conclusion that Russia wants to feel relevant and intruding into the US elections is a means by which Putin can tell his cronies, "see we are still relevant." I don't believe Trump is capable of colluding with anybody, but I believe Russia tried meddling with the US elections, and we know the US tampers with many elections. We are being huge hypocrites in making a huge deal out of it.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

I don't think Putin hates Clinton for any principled reason. He hates her because she was vocal critic and pain his ass during her time as SOS.

Speaking of Clinton, I thought it was interesting (and smart) Mitt reached out her and other former SOS's and asked their opinions regarding whether or not he should Trump in that capacity, and Killery encouraged him to serve.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/09/romney-...-of-state-job/

Comment

• Trump hurt himself with the Russia collusion issue by his reaction to the news of Russia meddling. He should have simply said this is a serious issue and we need to have it investigated. But his gossamer-thin skin and sensitivity over his popular vote loss made him unwilling to acknowledge the closeness of the election or that the Russians may have played a role. He won; he should have been acting more presidential and not like a kid trying to defend something that really needed no defense. But his behavior only aroused suspicions that more was afoot than there probably was.

Comment

I remember a simpler time in 2012 when the President and media dismissed the idea of Russia being an enemy or threat to America as a joke. I wonder if any of them were in collusion with the Ruskies? I wonder if Russia interefered in that election to support a candidate that didn't view them as a threat and wanted to be friendly towards them?
                  Ha! Yeah but Obama was awesome and absolutely destroyed Romney with "The 1980s called -- they want their foreign policy back." I saw it on the news!

The Trump lovers aren't totally nuts with their suspicion of the lamestream media. Like every other whack job movement there is a kernel of truth (I'm thinking chiropractic and essential oils people are right that what they do is better than becoming addicted to narcotics and having unnecessary surgery).

Comment

Ha! Yeah but Obama was awesome and absolutely destroyed Romney with "The 1980s called -- they want their foreign policy back." I saw it on the news!

The Trump lovers aren't totally nuts with their suspicion of the lamestream media. Like every other whack job movement there is a kernel of truth (I'm thinking chiropractic and essential oils people are right that what they do is better than becoming addicted to narcotics and having unnecessary surgery).
                    What did the media do?

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                      What did the media do?
                      Adored Obama for saying Russia isn't a major geopolitical foe and joined in mocking Romney for saying they were. Then Trump says he wants to be nice to Russia and its grounds for impeachment.

The US is hacking foreign governments all the time and doing a lot more than the Russians did during the 2016 election. Clinton and the DNC were really stupid and yes Russia meddled in the election but the left and the media are grasping at anything to smear on Trump and try to invalidate the election. For example all contact between the Trump transition team and Russians after the election is not necessarily sinister. It's more bumbling and bad optics than anything.

Comment

A Russians after the election is not necessarily sinister. It's more bumbling and bad optics than anything.
                        You don't know this at all. Kusher asking for "bug free" line is not bumbling, and deserves scrutiny. You've got to give me more than "adored."

Talking heads on cable news liking his remark is different than making up stories about his opponent or trying to suppress the truth.
                        Last edited by frank ryan; 06-09-2017, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                          Trump hurt himself with the Russia collusion issue by his reaction to the news of Russia meddling. He should have simply said this is a serious issue and we need to have it investigated. But his gossamer-thin skin and sensitivity over his popular vote loss made him unwilling to acknowledge the closeness of the election or that the Russians may have played a role. He won; he should have been acting more presidential and not like a kid trying to defend something that really needed no defense. But his behavior only aroused suspicions that more was afoot than there probably was.
                          Couldn't agree more. But, I gave up hope that he would ever become more than President Apprentice when I accepted that he was going to win back in 2015.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

Adored Obama for saying Russia isn't a major geopolitical foe and joined in mocking Romney for saying they were. Then Trump says he wants to be nice to Russia and its grounds for impeachment.

The US is hacking foreign governments all the time and doing a lot more than the Russians did during the 2016 election. Clinton and the DNC were really stupid and yes Russia meddled in the election but the left and the media are grasping at anything to smear on Trump and try to invalidate the election. For example all contact between the Trump transition team and Russians after the election is not necessarily sinister. It's more bumbling and bad optics than anything.
                            And the Dems by grasping at straws are eventually going to start turning more neutral people away from them. Give Trump the rope and get him for something he actually does.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

And the Dems by grasping at straws are eventually going to start turning more neutral people away from them. Give Trump the rope and get him for something he actually does.
                              FIFY... which is why Trump wins easily in 2020, while folks like frank that are running around like chickens whose heads had recently been cut off wonder what the heck went wrong?

I said it earlier, this fear mongering fomented by Dems is a real hindrance to actually solving problems that put US interests at risk... such as trying to diplomatically resolve the Syrian situation or coordinating with Russia to fight ISIS.

Going to be a tough few years for these "woke" Dems unless they can get their shit together:

I just finished up a part-time job working with a group of post-college people, almost exclusively white, from middle- and upper-class backgrounds. The job itself wasn’t important, but what I learned is that 2018, never mind 2020, is going to be a rough year for Democrats. They are embracing a faux diversity that excludes more than it includes, and the election results will likely look like 2016’s all over again.

[...]

My former colleagues have been led to believe this, having majored in things like social work, anthropology, and for more than a few, gender studies; they’re all wrapped in a comfortable blanket of self-importance and decades of being told to follow their dreams. There are givens in their world: pronouns are sexist, whites are racist, men are misogynist. They believe mostly old people voted for Trump—the slang term used around my the office for people over 45 was “red hats,” as in those Make America Great Again ball caps.

The code inside all this is exclusionary. It is okay to exclude men, old people, straight people, entire regions outside the right and left coasts, until most everyone is deplorable. That word, which Clinton claimed was a slip-up when she said it during the campaign, was actually the foundation of her whole strategy of appealing directly and overwhelmingly to people like those I recently worked with. The flipside of “It’s Her Turn” was an actual Clinton slogan, “I’m With Her,” a simple proclamation of the implicit sense of entitlement for candidate and supporter.
                              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• HuffPo channeling wuap right now:

Untitled.jpg
                                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Working...
                                X