Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was in an all day meeting. Has Trump been impeached yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• More Comey:

Former FBI Director James Comey said Thursday news reports on classified information, such as recent ones related to President Trump and Russia, are often wrong because the sources are not informed on the matters they're discussing.

Comey was asked at Thursday's Senate Intelligence Committee hearing about a specific report in the New York Times that said Trump and his associates "had repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials in the year before the election," based on phone records and "intercepted" communications.

Comey said that report was wrong and so are many reports that relate to intelligence material.

"In the main, it was not true," he said. "And again, all of you know this, many of the American people don't. The challenge — and I'm not picking on reporters — about writing on classified information is the people talking about it often don't really know what's going on. And those of us that know what's going on aren't talking about it. And we don't call the press to say, 'hey, you got that thing wrong about this sensitive topic.' We just have to leave it there."

Later asked by Republican Sen. Tom Cotton if he would classify the story as "entirely wrong," Comey said, "Yes."

Comment

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post
        That Trump has single-handedly killed the earth?
        Yes. That's exactly what I meant...
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post
          Just because I have not joined in the Russia hysteria, false “collusion” narrative, and general Trump Derangement Syndrome, does not make me a Trump apologist. He says and does a lot of stuff I won’t defend. I am open to fact-based arguments.

I brought up Hillary and the Clinton Foundation for a couple of reasons: (1) Moliere already said it, but to help establish a baseline of what might be a normal level of interactions with Russians because it's genuinely hard to judge and (2) most of the press is going bananas about Russia, yet the Clinton Foundation’s unethical, at the least, and quite possibly corrupt activities got minimal coverage. We actually have a money trail of 10s of millions of dollars flowing from many foreign interests, including Russians, into the CF.

The Snopes piece defines the charge very narrowly and then rejects it. Yes, Hillary did not solely make a decision here, she was only one on a committee of decision-makers, but there were a range of activities even before this decision that show the Clintons and the State Department supporting and advocating on behalf of Uranium One and its predecessor companies. The CF corruption charges go far behind just this Russia deal, though. The CF pulled in hundreds of millions of dollars and only 6-15% of that went to charitable recipients. Why the hell did so many foreign interests “donate” millions of dollars if they did not expect something in return? (There are other examples of advocating for donors' interests besides the uranium, BTW.) Of course, they were seeking favors and/or influence. You’d have to be hopelessly naïve or willfully blind to conclude otherwise.

Also, a question, Frank: What did the Russians intentionally do that actually got Trump elected? Hack voting machines? What? Please be specific.

BTW, if Mueller uncovers things currently unknown that truly implicates Trump colluding with Russians, then I will go where the facts go and Trump would deservedly be impeached. I really don’t think that will happen, though, and there is no evidence out there right now. Comey even said today that there is and has been no investigation of Trump himself.
          If you're asking me to tell you what the Russians are alleged to have done to help Trump, I think you've been on a vacation to mars. The allegations range from extreme targeted and effective propaganda efforts, to targeting Democratic email and sharing that with their stooge Assange, among other things. The investigation is ongoing, and despite what Vichy GOPers say, it continues to a be serious matter.
          If you're not a Trump apologist you deserve a medal for doing a great job impersonating one. I can't recall a single instance of you criticizing him.

Comment

• Comey feels Trump ordered him to back off Flynn.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/08/comey...ynn-probe.html

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              Comey feels Trump ordered him to back off Flynn.

Here is a noted conservative hack (we know he is a conservative hack becasue he posted it on fox news) who thinks it was Trump's right to not only harbor, but also to express that hope.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...are-wrong.html
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                Here is a noted conservative hack (we know he is a conservative hack becasue he posted it on fox news) who thinks it was Trump's right to not only harbor, but also to express that hope.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...are-wrong.html
                He's OJ's old lawyer I think. Interesting opinion piece.

Comment

• 1-h5wO_UrtsHztHR_jAJl39w.jpg
                  One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                  SU

Comment

He's OJ's old lawyer I think. Interesting opinion piece.
                    He is more than that. He often directly contradicts Tribe. Dershowitz is an effective advocate, and Creekster referring to him as a conservative is a joke, in case you missed it. He is stating the obvious legal conclusions, but politics isn't about the law or what is obvious, but what you can do to screw your political opponent. We have entered one of the more partisan periods of our Republic, the Jackson era being another.

I have three damns. Damn Trump for his obnoxiousness that discredits policy discussions that need to happen, i.e., North Korean, tax reform, healthcare reform and not just coverage, but any position advocated by Trump will be automatically denounced by the unified partisans of the Democrats.

Damn the Democrats for stoking the fires of discontent with Russia. We do not need an adversarial position with Russia. We don't need one with China either, but the partisanship is steering us into potentially unnecessary conflict with Russia and maybe China. We are ignoring the NK problem when we need the best and the brightest involved to solve the problem of a nutcase with intercontinental ballistic missiles.

Damn the GOP for not being more unified on the issues despite Trump's many shortcomings.
                    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Comey feels Trump ordered him to back off Flynn.

It is too bad he will never have a chance to say that under oath with the whole country paying attention.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          It is too bad he will never have a chance to say that under oath with the whole country paying attention.
                          Huh? I don't follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                            You're arguing the wrong thing. The Comey hearing is first and foremost about potential obstruction of justice. How much did Trump lean on Comey to kill the Flynn investigation? The overall Russia question is a separate issue. It is not resolved yet, and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Trump is clean of the worst charge; i.e. he personally colluded with Russia. However, there still is plenty of smoke about lesser connections between Russians and people connected with the Trump campaign. That still needs to be investigated.

The Kenya question was always a joke of a 'scandal'. It never rose to anything even coming close to obstruction of justice. So yeah, the Comey hearing is nowhere near as silly as the Kenyan thing.
                            I agree. These hearings are first and foremost about obstruction of justice. And I addressed that in my original post on the hearings.

Then I went on to talk about the Russia collusion part - since that was part of his testimony. And in your response to my post - the ONLY thing you mention is my comment about collusion with Russia.

And since that is what you were commenting on, that's what I responded to.

Maybe we are arguing the wrong thing - but I was responding to YOU. It's not MY fault you decided to focus on Russians instead of the obstruction of justice allegations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                              I agree. These hearings are first and foremost about obstruction of justice. And I addressed that in my original post on the hearings.

Then I went on to talk about the Russia collusion part - since that was part of his testimony. And in your response to my post - the ONLY thing you mention is my comment about collusion with Russia.

And since that is what you were commenting on, that's what I responded to.

Maybe we are arguing the wrong thing - but I was responding to YOU. It's not MY fault you decided to focus on Russians instead of the obstruction of justice allegations.
                              I don't think this dispelled concerns about collusion. Comey was very precise in his testimony. Trump was under an official investigation at the times he was asked about it. Many people surrounding him were or are. For all we know Mueller may have him in his sights now.

It is troubling to me that Trump has offended so many important allies and trading partners but has nary uttered a word of concern with anything Russia does. He's damaged our standing with the NATO democracies that most share our values. That's not spin. It's reality.

Comey's statements on Sessions were also super interesting. I encouraged everyone to watch his testimony in its entirety and not rely on articles, especially editorials, tweets, talk radio or third-rate blog posts, to be the primary means of informing yourself about this matter.

Comment

I don't think this dispelled concerns about collusion. Comey was very precise in his testimony. Trump was under an official investigation at the times he was asked about it. Many people surrounding him were or are. For all we know Mueller may have him in his sights now.

It is troubling to me that Trump has offended so many important allies and trading partners but has nary uttered a word of concern with anything Russia does. He's damaged our standing with the NATO democracies that most share our values. That's not spin. It's reality.

Comey's statements on Sessions were also super interesting. I encouraged everyone to watch his testimony in its entirety and not rely on articles, especially editorials, tweets, talk radio or third-rate blog posts, to be the primary means of informing yourself about this matter.
                                You want this so bad.......

Are you sure you aren't OxCoug?

Comment

Working...
                                X