Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bannon plans his fascist takeover on a white board.

The contents of Steve Bannon's secret planning whiteboard have been revealed inadvertently.

Mr Bannon, who is President Trump's chief strategist, posed in front of the board in an image tweeted by Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, a Jewish author and broadcaster, at a White House meeting yesterday.
    white board.jpg

Pledges on Immigration:

Cancel all federal funding to sanctuary cities
    Suspend immigration from terror-prone regions
    Implement new extreme immigration vetting tech…
    Suspend the Syrian Refugee Program
    Create support for victims of illegal immigration
    Expand and revitalize the popular 287(g) program
    Issue detainers for all illegal immigrants who are…for any crime, and they will be placed in removal proceedings
    End “Catch-And-Release”
    Hire 5,000 more Border Patrol agents
    Restore the Secure Communities Program
    Triple the number of ICE agents
    Build the border wall and eventually make Mexico….
    Sunset our visa laws so that Congress is forced to revise and revisit them
    Finally complete the biometric entry-exit visa tracking…
    Propose Passage of Davis-Oliver bill
    Immediately terminate Obama’s “two illegal…
    …pass “Kate’s Law

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ally-revealed/

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
      Bannon plans his fascist takeover on a white board.

[ATTACH]7926[/ATTACH]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ally-revealed/
      Gee, that list isn't at all xenophobic.

Comment

• This pretty much summarizes Trump's incoherence, at least in the first half of the article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/03/o...f=opinion&_r=0
        Last edited by BlueK; 05-03-2017, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
          This pretty much summarizes Trump's incoherence, at least in the first half of the article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/03/o...f=opinion&_r=0

And I thought the following pretty much summarizes what is going on with democrats these days...

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            And I thought the following pretty much summarizes what is going on with democrats these days...

He's doing a crappy job, and he's still a joke. You can't really get around that no matter how bad Obama was.

Comment

• http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opi...502-story.html

"Viewed through the lens of authoritarianism, Mr. Trump's approach to governing is logical and coherent."

Examples:

"An authoritarian wouldn't follow the normal constitutional process for disputing a judicial decision he dislikes -- which is to appeal it to a higher court.

an authoritarian has no patience for normal legislative rules -- designed, as they are in a democracy, to create opportunities for deliberation.

Through the eyes of an authoritarian, rules that block what the authoritarian wants to do are always "bad for the country," as Mr. Trump said of them.

An authoritarian also seeks to intimidate the press in order to avoid criticism and consolidate his power.

Mr. Trump still doesn't miss an opportunity to assail the media for publishing "fake news." On Sunday, his chief of staff has even revived Trump's campaign proposal to widen libel laws so that Mr. Trump can sue the press for stories he doesn't like.

Authoritarians do not tolerate other levels of government with their own powers and responsibilities. Which is why Mr. Trump wants to force states and cities to report on unauthorized immigrants, even though this violates the principle of federalism enshrined in the 10th Amendment.

Finally, authoritarians promote other authoritarians, in an effort to normalize authoritarian rule."
              Last edited by BlueK; 05-03-2017, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                That wasn't my first thought. Frank's avatar is one thing (poor taste), but Colbert goes straight for the 80's era queer bashing. Not cool.
                Queer bashing. Haha.

You are joking, right?
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opi...502-story.html

"Viewed through the lens of authoritarianism, Mr. Trump's approach to governing is logical and coherent."

Examples:

"An authoritarian wouldn't follow the normal constitutional process for disputing a judicial decision he dislikes -- which is to appeal it to a higher court.

an authoritarian has no patience for normal legislative rules -- designed, as they are in a democracy, to create opportunities for deliberation.

Through the eyes of an authoritarian, rules that block what the authoritarian wants to do are always "bad for the country," as Mr. Trump said of them.

An authoritarian also seeks to intimidate the press in order to avoid criticism and consolidate his power.

Mr. Trump still doesn't miss an opportunity to assail the media for publishing "fake news." On Sunday, his chief of staff has even revived Trump's campaign proposal to widen libel laws so that Mr. Trump can sue the press for stories he doesn't like.

Authoritarians do not tolerate other levels of government with their own powers and responsibilities. Which is why Mr. Trump wants to force states and cities to report on unauthorized immigrants, even though this violates the principle of federalism enshrined in the 10th Amendment.

Finally, authoritarians promote other authoritarians, in an effort to normalize authoritarian rule."
                  I'm so glad that news outlets are finally starting to see Trump as the authoritarian that he wants to be. Without hard hitting news pieces like this, we would probably all wake up one day without realizing all of our rights are gone and Trump has become the Kim Jung Un of America. God bless the Baltimore Sun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    I'm so glad that news outlets are finally starting to see Trump as the authoritarian that he wants to be. Without hard hitting news pieces like this, we would probably all wake up one day without realizing all of our rights are gone and Trump has become the Kim Jung Un of America. God bless the Baltimore Sun!!

Seriously, can you refute a single one of these points or make a good argument as to why these are good things for a US president to be like? The fact he won't succeed isn't a good argument for why these are all great attributes for a US president to have.

Comment

Seriously, can you refute a single one of these points or make a good argument as to why these are good things for a US president to be like? The fact he won't succeed isn't a good argument for why these are all great attributes for a US president to have.
                      Nope, they are all good points. I can't refute any of them. I guess after reading the 1,000th article about this type of stuff I just get tired of reading it. Maybe tomorrow they can run an article on how Trump exaggerates everything.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        Nope, they are all good points. I can't refute any of them. I guess after reading the 1,000th article about this type of stuff I just get tired of reading it. Maybe tomorrow they can run an article on how Trump exaggerates everything.

The reason it matters is because he's the President of the US, and not just an eccentric celebrity who does and says stupid things like say, Dennis Rodman. You can ignore those people all you want because nothing they do matters. But as the President of the US who on a whim could start a nuclear war, it makes the stakes about a zillion times higher. He should be called out for being and acting like a complete moron. It's not as if ignoring it doesn't also normalize it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Queer bashing. Haha.

You are joking, right?
                          Colbert's "cock holster" joke (in the context of the routine where he was piling on insults directed at the POTUS) only works in a pejorative way, e.g. suggesting that the worst thing that could happen for these men is if they engaged in homosexual acts together. Textbook example of gay bashing.

It was a homophobic joke. This isn't difficult.
                          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                            Colbert's "cock holster" joke (in the context of the routine where he was piling on insults directed at the POTUS) only works in a pejorative way, e.g. suggesting that the worst thing that could happen for these men is if they engaged in homosexual acts together. Textbook example of gay bashing.

It was a homophobic joke. This isn't difficult.
                            Colbert's joke was in poor taste, but it is a huge stretch to call it gay-bashing. And no way should it get this much attention. Yet another dumb thing we are supposed to be outraged about. Yawn...
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Gay jokes can be very, very funny. MP Funk used to call goatnapper gay and he'd make fun of NorCalCoug for being a pillow biter. He was so much cooler then. Similarly, 'Trump is a homo' jokes and memes can be very effective and hilarious. I'm also okay when people make fun of him for being a fatty with a bad hairdo.

Comment

• I should probably be embarrassed [I could begin every statement with that], but I'm becoming less anxious or bothered by Trump in the White House. All of his flaws are still there (and new shortcomings continue to pop up), but my confidence is rising that he won't do anything catastrophic (a first strike nuke) or make good on so many of his absurd campaign promises (the wall, torture, killing families of terrorist and other war crimes). I'm getting the increasing sense that before he takes any genuine action, he consults with Javanka and they rein in his stupider ideas. The continuing resolution thing last week (though a Congressional action, Trump's approval had to have been there) is an example of things to come--he gave up on things like wall funding, defunding of PP, the Arts and NIH, etc. because Javanka told him to. Of course he still had to tweet his dissatisfaction, like a grumpy reprimanded child, but he still went along with what his sitters told him he had to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X