Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Alphabet Inc yielded this (somewhat) helpful link (published in 2003) that has this:

So ten times from 1973-2003 and two since 2015. Maybe Frank can help us fill in the gap (2004-2014)?
    Sounds like congress, not a president wanting to do so because they ruled against him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
      Nixon, Reagan, Bush, Clinton and Obama.
      Missed a Bush, looks like.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
        Nixon, Reagan, Bush, Clinton and Obama.
        Sources?

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
          Sounds like congress
          Ding ding ding! Frank may finally get this "branches of government" concept yet.

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Its like most incendiary things Trump does; not the first time they have been done and not even the first time they have been done for similar reasons. But he has a knack for putting his self-interest and partisan rationale out front. But prior presidents have opined that the 9th should be split up, as have many members of congress. Most of them did it becasue the larger 9th did not align with their interests. Unlike Trump, most of them had enough self-awareness not to sound like selfish children who didn't get their way. That's the primary difference.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
              Its like most incendiary things Trump does; not the first time they have been done and not even the first time they have been done for similar reasons. But he has a knack for putting his self-interest and partisan rationale out front. But prior presidents have opined that the 9th should be split up, as have many members of congress. Most of them did it becasue the larger 9th did not align with their interests. Unlike Trump, most of them had enough self-awareness not to sound like selfish children who didn't get their way. That's the primary difference.
              Ding, ding, ding.
              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                Its like most incendiary things Trump does; not the first time they have been done and not even the first time they have been done for similar reasons. But he has a knack for putting his self-interest and partisan rationale out front. But prior presidents have opined that the 9th should be split up, as have many members of congress. Most of them did it becasue the larger 9th did not align with their interests. Unlike Trump, most of them had enough self-awareness not to sound like selfish children who didn't get their way. That's the primary difference.
                But with respect just to the individual cases Trump has been unhappy with, he's trying to paint it as a liberal judges vs. his conservative ideas, when that's not really what happened. Many of the judges who have ruled not in his favor are conservatives. It's actually been about the president overstepping his constitutional authority, which is not a liberal/conservative issue. Trump and many of the public are in for a shock when these get to the supreme court and the conservative justices there rule against him again. Then we'll get a lot of entertaining tweets from him about Gorsuch being a disloyal traitor...blah, blah, blah.

Comment

• I'm not sure how I feel about this whole Flynn thing. People seem to be just figuring out that the Emoluments Clause also applies to military personnel, who are instructed upon retirement, not to get paid from foreign governments and their entities unless you get approval from Congress first.

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

ARTICLE I, SECTION 9, CLAUSE 8
                  I believe the rule was established through the interpretation of the Constitution by Attorneys General, but has never actually been litigated. I think the rule itself is too broad to withstand a challenge in the Courts.

Still, if Flynn was trying to hide what he was doing and lied, he deserves what he gets.

And that no good Obama set up Trump by not vetting Flynn properly.

Comment

• "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• NASCAR fans.
                      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Trump invites this guy to the white house:

“I’d go around in Davao with a motorcycle, with a big bike around, and I would just patrol the streets, looking for trouble also. I was really looking for a confrontation so I could kill,”
                        Hitler massacred three million Jews,” he said last September at another presidential press conference (he got the number wrong, but bear with him). “Now there is three million, there’s three million drug addicts. There are. I’d be happy to slaughter them.”

Comment

• President Trump’s first 100 days: The fact check tally

So here are the numbers for the president’s first 100 days.
                          • 488: The number of false or misleading claims made by the president. That’s an average of 4.9 claims a day.
                          • 10: Number of days without a single false claim. (On six of those days, the president golfed at a Trump property.)
                          • 4: Number of days with 20 or more false claims. (Feb. 16, Feb. 28, March 20 and April 21.) He made 19 false claims on April 29, his 100th day, though we did not include his interview with “Face the Nation,” since that aired April 30.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Trump continues to amaze me with his monumental stupidity. I've been listening to parts of an interview with the Washington Examiner that was published earlier this morning. It's filled with truly idiotic observations, including how Andrew Jackson
                            was a very tough person but he had a big heart. He was really angry that he saw with regard to the Civil War, he said "There's no reason for this." People don't realize, you know, the Civil War, if you think about it, why? People don't ask that question, but why was there the Civil War? Why could that one not have been worked out?
                            Where to begin? First of all, Jackson, a slaveholder, died about sixteen years before the Civil War, but was apparently able to share his post-mortem thoughts with the Donald. And isn't the Civil War and its causes the most-written about topic in U.S. history? And yet "people don't ask that question..." Perhaps if Trump, unquestionably the most illiterate President of my lifetime, had ever cracked a book, he wouldn't be as prone to such stupidity. But then, I've never been more entertained by any chief executive, so there's that.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              Trump continues to amaze me with his monumental stupidity. I've been listening to parts of an interview with the Washington Examiner that was published earlier this morning. It's filled with truly idiotic observations, including how Andrew Jackson

Where to begin? First of all, Jackson, a slaveholder, died about sixteen years before the Civil War, but was apparently able to share his post-mortem thoughts with the Donald. And isn't the Civil War and its causes the most-written about topic in U.S. history? And yet "people don't ask that question..." Perhaps if Trump, unquestionably the most illiterate President of my lifetime, had ever cracked a book, he wouldn't be as prone to such stupidity. But then, I've never been more entertained by any chief executive, so there's that.
                              I'm also amazed more people can't see through the sheer idiocy of the man. But I've also always thought it's not totally about him for his supporters. There is a very large part of this that is merely about giving the middle finger to the "establishment" as they call it. And by that I think it means not only the government. It's about everyone they perceive as more powerful than them. They don't care if Trump is an idiot. He just taps into the anger, and that is enough.
                              Last edited by BlueK; 05-01-2017, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                                I'm also amazed more people can't see through the sheer idiocy of the man. But I've also always thought it's not totally about him for his supporters. There is a very large part of this that is merely about giving the middle finger to the "establishment" as they call it. And by that I think it means not only the government. It's about everyone they perceive as more powerful than them. They don't care if Trump is an idiot. He just taps into the anger, and that is enough.
                                Not to mention that we have a strong component of anti-intellectualism in our country. His stupidity and ignorance make him more "real" and relatable to some folks.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X