Page 206 of 233 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,180 of 6985

Thread: President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    IDK... Was Drumpf mad when he said the bad word(s) like this dude on CNN?
    so you're saying that using bad words is worse than being a racist?

IDK... Was Drumpf mad when he said the bad word(s) like this dude on CNN?
    For fuck's sake. Don't be a toddler. Trump (or Drumpf as you refer to him under the unconvincing pretext that you disapprove of him) used the words in a racist fashion, and the other used the same words to point that fact out. It's not hard.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    so you're saying that using bad words is worse than being a racist?
    No... but I don't think CNN repeating the same words along with some other choice ones is right. Of course, Frank will say otherwise.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    For fuck's sake. Don't be a toddler. Trump (or Drumpf as you refer to him under the unconvincing pretext that you disapprove of him) used the words in a racist fashion, and the other used the same words to point that fact out. It's not hard.
    What was the context when Drumpf was talking about sh*thole countries? Can you post the video please?
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Let's be honest, most countries are absolute shitholes that can't get their acts together. However, there is also a tremendous number of people from those shithole countries in our universities and making up a not insignificant portion of our work force in highly valued industries.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    Let's be honest, most countries are absolute shitholes that can't get their acts together. However, there is also a tremendous number of people from those shithole countries in our universities and making up a not insignificant portion of our work force in highly valued industries.
    Clinton
    Democrats
    Pelosi
    Obama
    Whataburger
    Texas
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

I have no problem with folks from sh*thole countries that immigrate legally and contribute to highly valued industries. Like I said I know some great Indian engineers. Engineers create jobs... I read once that one good engineer can create like 20 other jobs for folks. I love smart engineers no matter where they come from!
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Clinton
    Democrats
    Pelosi
    Obama
    Whataburger
    Texas
    mthyahmkij901.jpg
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I have no problem with folks from sh*thole countries that immigrate legally and contribute to highly valued industries. Like I said I know some great Indian engineers. Engineers create jobs... I read once that one good engineer can create like 20 other jobs for folks. I love smart engineers no matter where they come from!
    Bad engineers can create even more jobs. Usually for lawyers, though.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    See!... Engineers, good or bad, create jobs!
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Hatch still kissing Trump's ass. (sigh...)

So much for goatnapper's calculating genius theory.

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Broken Window Fallacy.

Well, Trump does have a problem with people coming from certain countries.. That's what the comment was about. He was meeting with senators again today to talk about immigration plans and some of the senators wanted to keep the lottery provision in there for allowing people regardless of country to come legally. And Trump said we don't need any more people from shithole countries. Why not more from places like Norway? There is nothing that "context" can do to fix this comment. He's a racist piece of crap.

Well, Trump does have a problem with people coming from certain countries.. That's what the comment was about. He was meeting with senators again today to talk about immigration plans and some of the senators wanted to keep the lottery provision in there for allowing people regardless of country to come legally. And Trump said we don't need any more people from shithole countries. Why not more from places like Norway? There is nothing that "context" can do to fix this comment. He's a racist piece of crap.
    Norwegians are great! Good tall white Aryans. Most with blonde hair and blue eyes.
    Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 01-11-2018 at 07:25 PM.

Let's be honest,
    Are you sure you want to go down that path?
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

The true offensiveness of the comment was that he doesn't want the people from those countries to come here legally, while saying people from places like Norway are fine. It isn't just that he disparaged some countries. He's a bigot. And even if someone tries to say he isn't, it's indisputable that he plays one on tv, which is arguably worse.
    Last edited by BlueK; 01-11-2018 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Are you sure you want to go down that path?
    Yes. Costa Rica is not only a #shithole country, it's a #shithole island.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

The true offensiveness of the comment was that he doesn't want the people from those countries to come here legally while saying people from places like Norway are fine. It isn't just that he disparaged some countries. He's a bigot. And even if someone tries to say he isn't, it's indisputable that he plays one on tv, which is arguably worse.
    He's not playing one. He's long had a reputation for being one and is.

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Yes. Costa Rica is not only a #shithole country, it's a #shithole island.

Hatch still kissing Trump's ass. (sigh...)

So much for goatnapper's calculating genius theory.
    Time to cart Orrin to the nearest old folks home. He's lost it.

Time to cart Orrin to the nearest old folks home. He's lost it.
    Uh-oh. Creek is going to freak.

He's not playing one. He's long had a reputation for being one and is.
    Agree. I borrowed the "plays one on tv, which is even worse" from Joe Scarborough who told him that after Trump called his show once to tell him he isn't a bigot. I like joe.

Trump's comment is enough to make me sick to my stomach, but the excuses and apologetics sure to come from some of his supporters over the next few days is probably going to be even more nauseating.

Trump's comment is enough to make me sick to my stomach, but the excuses and apologetics sure to come from some of his supporters over the next few days is probably going to be even more nauseating.
    You just need to roll with it. That one was so off-the-charts bad that I can't help but laugh at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    it's a #shithole island.
    It's accrual world for accountants. Aww shit, that's a damned good joke.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

You just need to roll with it. That one was so off-the-charts bad that I can't help but laugh at it.
    Sure, just like every other Trump stupidity.

This topic isn't just me not liking Trump like everything else. It's a little more personal since my mom was an immigrant. She passed away about a year and a half ago. She loved this country and instilled that into her kids. She became a naturalized citizen when I was about 10 years old. I remember going to the courthouse with her and the rest of my family when she took the oath.

We're lucky Trump is probably the dumbest would be autocrat in the history of human civilization or it could be worse. It's just funny how the GOP is just letting him lead them down to irrelevance for the next 30 or so years because they won't stand up to bully who has no brain, no morals, and is a childish coward.

Sure, just like every other Trump stupidity.

This topic isn't just me not liking Trump like everything else. It's a little more personal since my mom was an immigrant. She passed away about a year and a half ago. She loved this country and instilled that into her kids. She became a naturalized citizen when I was about 10 years old. I remember going to the courthouse with her and the rest of my family when she took the oath.

We're lucky Trump is probably the dumbest would be autocrat in the history of human civilization or it could be worse. It's just funny how the GOP is just letting him lead them down to irrelevance for the next 30 or so years because they won't stand up to bully who has no brain, no morals, and is a childish coward.
    Well, you are in luck. Orrin Hatch is going to get to the bottom of this and find out what Trump really meant by that comment!

Not trying to do the armchair psychology thing here, but Trump’s latest WSJ interview is, um, not exactly inspiring me with confidence about his mental abilities:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/transcr...nal-1515715481