Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I think I am with [Putin, Assad, Ann Coulter, Richard Spencer, Milo, Alex Jones] on this one.
    I think this is the first FIFY I've ever done.

Comment

• President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Personally, I like this move of force towards Korea to distract from all this Syria noise. Watch out Russia, we'll need something to distract for North Korea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
        I think this is the first FIFY I've ever done.
        Haha. Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, and Hillary Clinton agree with you!

And your girl Kellyanne Conway, of course.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
          That was not an ad hominem. But nice job at deflecting. And rather than bleat about my cruel misrepresentation of your position, why don't you correct it? What did I get wrong?
          Bleating? What exactly are you implying about Walter?

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Drone strikes raining down on villages in Yemen are not the same as a focused strike on a military air base responding to the use of nerve gas or other chemical weapons launched from that base. If you can't see that then Frank is right, you are in a weird isolationist bubble.
            I'll use pictures, as it seems words is hard you understand goodly.

Here is a picture:

Spoiler for graphic photo of injured/dead children:

which, though unfortunate, was part of a civil war in a country that poses no threat to the USA.

Here are some other pictures (of many hundreds)... but these are children killed or maimed by US drone strikes:

Spoiler for graphic photos of injured/dead children:

It's OK though, because you can't kill terrorists without breaking a few eggs... amirite?

So while the former is unacceptable and requires an IMMEDIATE response unilaterally by the POTUS (acting as judge, jury, and executioner), our own bombing campaigns which have over the last decade+ killed or maimed thousands of women and children with no end in sight barely registers on the American public's give-a-shit-o-meter.

But, goddammit, we will not tolerate a dozen or so kids killed by someone else in some remote country halfway around the world from us. Nope. Because THAT crosses a line.

You will forgive me for being so glib earlier in my responses to your posts, but I was busy talking with my financial planner for most of the day. This isn't my first rodeo. I was in the same position over a decade ago arguing against an Iraq invasion (as was Pat Buchanan and Bob Novak (RIP) and many other "isolationists"). I know that it is pointless for me to try and win over the opinion of jingoists like yourself, YOhio, and others. We will be in Damascus in two years time toppling a statue of Assad; en route we will kill (and probably torture) the Syrian populace. It's just part of the process. But, this time around I'm going to put my money where Frank Ryan's mouth is and invest a good chunk of my kids' trust funds in Raytheon, General Dynamics, Northrup Grumman, Lockheed Martin, etc.

You see as much as I'd like my kids to live in the quiet cul-de-sac suburbia that I enjoy... living next to psychologists, college professors, optometrists, and other fake doctors; I'd rather have my kids living on waterfront property next to the *real* doctors, you know.. the kind that put orthopedic limbs on the vets returning home from the Middle East. So if I can make a little extra cash on this misadventure in the stock market, hey... so much the better. Because like the parents of the children that the US bombing campaigns kill; I've got dreams for my children too.
            Last edited by creekster; 04-11-2017, 08:25 AM.
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• I can't decide what I've enjoyed more over the last few days, the complete soul-splitting meltdown by Savage, Coulter and JPW as they watch Trump release his inner neocon or the cognitive dissonance of the Obama hawks, including Kerry and most of his ME policy team, seeing Trump do in 48 hours something they couldn't talk Obama into doing in four years.

Comment

• Walter you're so lucky JL agrees with you or he'd be all over you for virtue signaling.

Comment

• I honestly don't know what to think. I sure hate what Assad is doing and has done, but I do believe that in terms of our national interest if we get much involved they tend to turn into tar pits. It is very difficult to reconcile national interest with horrific images of the type that have been bandied about in this thread. I think I am on the side of non-intervention by a hair, although that is why I would like for us to take in a fair number of refugees to ameliorate suffering somewhat. It has always upset me that many have been cavalier about people fleeing the horrors that are wide scale in the world. Anyone who could, would flee in the same situation.

I think history will judge Presidential power and drones fairly harshly. It was one of my biggest disappointments with Obama. I am not sure I would not have done the same in his shoes though.
                  Last edited by New Mexican Disaster; 04-08-2017, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    Walter you're so lucky JL agrees with you or he'd be all over you for virtue signaling.
                    I doubt it. He's too busy protecting us from fake Robin accounts.
                    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                      I honestly don't know what to think. I sure hate what Assad is doing and has done, but I do believe that in terms of our national interest if we get much involved they tend to turn into tar pits. It is very difficult to reconcile national interest with horrific images of the type that have been bandied about in this thread. I think I am on the side of non-intervention by a hair, although that is why I would like for us to take in a fair number of refugees to ameliorate suffering somewhat. It has always upset me that many have been cavalier about people fleeing the horrors that are wide scale in the world. Anyone who could would flee in the same situation.

I think history will judge Presidential power and drones fairly harshly. It was one of my biggest disappointments with Obama. I am not sure I would not have done the same in his shoes though.
                      Great post. This pretty much mirrors my feelings, except I'm on the interventionist side by a hair. The missile attack does seem a bit like tossing firecrackers into a dumpster fire, making a bit of noise but quickly swallowed up in the bigger problem. No obvious good options here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

which, though unfortunate, was part of a civil war in a country that poses no threat to the USA.
                        Lol. There are like 5 million refugees from the civil war, pouring across the West and impacting the social structure and politics of most of our long standing alias and markets. Why so many refugees? Because Assad's army has killed at least 250K people, probably more like 400K, with the support of Russian and Iran. Yes, I know at this point the rebels are now completely filled with ISIS.

There aren't any easy answer in Syria, maybe no answers - except massive humanitarian support. But Syria does impact our interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Haha. Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, and Hillary Clinton agree with you!

And your girl Kellyanne Conway, of course.
                          Fun fact.

Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, John Kerry, Joe Biden - in fact, the overwhelming majority of Senate and House Dems - voted against the 1991 Gulf War.

Good times.

Comment

• Is there anything more American, and completely non-PC, than flinging TOMAHAWK (wtf) cruse missiles across the Mediterranean? They could never get away naming it that today. lol.

Pictures-of-American-Flag-with-an-Eagle-5.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                              I'll use pictures, as it seems words is hard you understand goodly.

Here is a picture:

[photo deleted]

Here are some other pictures (of many hundreds)... but these are children killed or maimed by US drone strikes:

[photos deleted]

It's OK though, because you can't kill terrorists without breaking a few eggs... amirite?

So while the former is unacceptable and requires an IMMEDIATE response unilaterally by the POTUS (acting as judge, jury, and executioner), our own bombing campaigns which have over the last decade+ killed or maimed thousands of women and children with no end in sight barely registers on the American public's give-a-shit-o-meter.

But, goddammit, we will not tolerate a dozen or so kids killed by someone else in some remote country halfway around the world from us. Nope. Because THAT crosses a line.

You will forgive me for being so glib earlier in my responses to your posts, but I was busy talking with my financial planner for most of the day. This isn't my first rodeo. I was in the same position over a decade ago arguing against an Iraq invasion (as was Pat Buchanan and Bob Novak (RIP) and many other "isolationists"). I know that it is pointless for me to try and win over the opinion of jingoists like yourself, YOhio, and others. We will be in Damascus in two years time toppling a statue of Assad; en route we will kill (and probably torture) the Syrian populace. It's just part of the process. But, this time around I'm going to put my money where Frank Ryan's mouth is and invest a good chunk of my kids' trust funds in Raytheon, General Dynamics, Northrup Grumman, Lockheed Martin, etc.

You see as much as I'd like my kids to live in the quiet cul-de-sac suburbia that I enjoy... living next to psychologists, college professors, optometrists, and other fake doctors; I'd rather have my kids living on waterfront property next to the *real* doctors, you know.. the kind that put orthopedic limbs on the vets returning home from the Middle East. So if I can make a little extra cash on this misadventure in the stock market, hey... so much the better. Because like the parents of the children that the US bombing campaigns kill; I've got dreams for my children too.
                              Well, I am glad you could get that out of your system. Nice of you to begin with an ad hominem, btw. Just to show you do understand them Also, not sure why youre so touchy about the word isolationist. Is that not what you want?

Bottom line is that you are having a very difficult time differentiating between deaths caused from our drone strikes (pictured, perhaps), deaths caused by Assad using poison gas (pictured) and those caused by our focused strike on an unambiguously military installation (non-pictured). Moreover, we have made clear that it is not a prelude ot an invasion. It is a response to a specific act. It was an appropriate response and also provided other ancillary benefits.

Not all strikes are the same. Not all attacks bear the same moral equivalence. Just becasue we are wrong on drone strikes (assuming here you are correct) does not mean we were wrong in attacking Hom. I think that the use of chemical weapons is wrong. It is a bright line that should not be crossed. and it does call for a response. IF it turns out that this is a pretext to justify an escalation and an invasion, I would be very much opposed. But as it is, as it has been reported, on its own, I think it was appropriate.

Hope your investments turn out well.
                              Last edited by creekster; 04-11-2017, 08:22 AM.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Moreover, we have made clear that it is not a prelude ot an invasion.
                                Ha ha ha ha ha! OMG creek, and JL said you don't have a sense of humor.

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                Hope your investments turn out well.
                                Might as well compound my earnings; I'll take $100 of your dollars against $100 of mine. My $100 says that we'll be invading Syria.

Comment

Working...
                                X