Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    alex jones irate!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
      I'm going to assume the Russians told them. But we only gave the Russians one hour notice.
      If the Russians left the base all of a sudden, and if they told the Syrians, who would then have time to leave the base as well, then the attack becomes much more symbolic and less meaningful. If 9 SYrian planes were destroyed, as reported, they must have been the dregs of the SYrian air force.

The Russians also claim that only about half of the cruise missiles launched actually impacted the base. If true, that's a very high failure rate. Does that mean we used old tech or is there some other prosaic explanation?
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          Mostly kidding? :foilhat:
          98% kidding.
          2% acknowledging her belief that Trump is crazy & capable of anything.
          "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
          -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
            If the Russians left the base all of a sudden, and if they told the Syrians, who would then have time to leave the base as well, then the attack becomes much more symbolic and less meaningful. If 9 SYrian planes were destroyed, as reported, they must have been the dregs of the SYrian air force.

The Russians also claim that only about half of the cruise missiles launched actually impacted the base. If true, that's a very high failure rate. Does that mean we used old tech or is there some other prosaic explanation?
            So we fired nearly 60 tomahawks which cost at least million dollars a pop and only got 9 Syraqian planes? I am guessing there were zero hits on anything resembling chemical weapons.
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              So we fired nearly 60 tomahawks which cost at least million dollars a pop and only got 9 Syraqian planes? I am guessing there were zero hits on anything resembling chemical weapons.
              I dont htink we were trying to attack WMD stockpiles. That might not be a good idea. Like Sarin shells from WWI.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                Yes, the Syrians trumpeted this earlier. COnventional weapons, however.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Yes, the Syrians trumpeted this earlier. COnventional weapons, however.
                  Point is that they can use the airfield the same day as it was targeted by 60 cruse missiles. Seems the strike was pretty impotent.

Comment

And all those tomahawks did very little to shut down the airbase?
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Moreover, the attack itself was carefully measured to respond in kind and measure to the chemical attack. Despite some of the more heated rhetoric, this attack was not about regime change or nation building, nor does it constitute a major escalation of our involvement in Syria nor does it constitute us policing the world. This attack was directed only against the instrumentalities of the chemical weapons attack
                      Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      Monkey man makes it sound so clinical. Just fired 60 tomahawks at a military base in another country. Not an act of war. *yawn*

The problem is, after a few days reports will trickle in that the strike appears to be less and less effective than thought and President Trump will be forced to make a decision - wholly driven by domestic political perception - escalate or face the perception of failure.

We have opened a box here, and we will be unable to shut it. Trump should have consulted the 2013 version of himself and left Syria alone.
                      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Point is that they can use the airfield the same day as it was targeted by 60 cruse missiles. Seems the strike was pretty impotent.
                        I understand the point. BUt it may or may not be significant. It all depends on what type of planes and what they were carrying, etc. We have planes that can take off from dirt fields and deliver signficant payloads. So it just depends. My point is that the Syrians did this likely just so they COULD announce that it was still operating, at some level.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Someone just sent me this via PM. Not sure how they got it, but it looks legit - not that it hasn't been updated in a few years.

Ted's Template for CUF Posts

So we [did __________________ (something Ted finds objectionable)] which cost at least [insert $$ figure, but remove context] and only got [insert reductive and overly simplified result, intended to make any response seem stupid]? I am guessing [say whatever you want, no one fact checks anyway].

[*if at all possible, insert tweet, link, or pic - bonus points if you've used it 5+ times before. If no options, insert the "Well, Bye" gif]
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Truth.

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Low energy, devalued players at the kids table in the sit room. Shame!

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                                As my wife would say, its not always about you, Palestine!
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X