Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    I'm sort of surprised you one of the few libertarian/conservative voices on this site who are genuinely concerned by all this.
    Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    To me this is the kind of thing that should make all of us think like Americans rather than Republicans and Democrats.
    This issue has done an excellent job at cutting across party lines to separate the neurotic from the rational.

To the surprise of no one... Democratic Party leaders, Senator McCain, and other war-hungry hawks are leading the hyper-ventilating anti-Russia hysteria. Hopefully, the "stupid electorate" (as BlueK bemoans) isn't gullible enough to fall for it. But, George W. Bush was re-elected, so...
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Looks like we're going to still have health care through the weekend...
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
        You got it all wrong. It was the Sanders campaign that had the deep Russian ties and encouraged the Russian "hacking".

Sanders smeared as communist sympathiser as Clinton allies sling mud
        https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-election-2016>

Dan Roberts in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
        Friday 22 January 2016 13.09 EST

Attacks on Bernie Sanders by rival Democrats are likely to turn increasingly to his record on the economy and foreign affairs, according to a new dossier seen by the Guardian that accuses him of sympathising with communists.

[...]

Such characterisations are vigorously rejected by Sanders ... But the attacks are likely to intensify nonetheless in the days leading up to the Iowa caucus according to a new document that delves into affiliations and statements made by the senator dating back decades. The dossier, prepared by opponents of Sanders and passed on to the Guardian by a source who would only agree to be identified as “a Democrat”, alleges that Sanders “sympathized with the USSR during the Cold War” because he went on a trip there to visit a twinned city while he was mayor of Burlington.

Similar “associations with communism” in Cuba are catalogued alongside a list of quotes about countries ranging from China to Nicaragua.
        The Russia expert, Louise Mensch, on Bernie:

SUwish!
        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Comment

This issue has done an excellent job at cutting across party lines to separate the neurotic from the rational.

To the surprise of no one... Democratic Party leaders, Senator McCain, and other war-hungry hawks are leading the hyper-ventilating anti-Russia hysteria. Hopefully, the "stupid electorate" (as BlueK bemoans) isn't gullible enough to fall for it. But, George W. Bush was re-elected, so...
          I don't want war with Russia. But wanting to understand what Trump's team was doing secretly meeting Russian spies and how Trump's business interests there might play into decisions he could make as President is a different thing. What are folks like you who suddenly seem to like Russia worried we might find out?
          Last edited by BlueK; 03-24-2017, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Trump's approval numbers not looking good.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...oval-6179.html

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
              What are folks like you who suddenly seem to like Russia worried we might find out?
              That I, like my comrade Rand Paul, will finally be exposed as the Russian stooges that we really are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                Yeah. Seems like clear parody. He'd get the middle finger from me.
                I'm thinking he must have killed the excellent app Trump Ways to Die (spin-off from Dumb Ways to Die).
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                  Looks like we're going to still have health care through the weekend...
                  Maybe even longer...

Trump’s First Legislative Effort Fails as G.O.P. Pulls Bill to Repeal Obamacare

House Republican leaders, facing a revolt among conservatives and moderates in their ranks, pulled legislation to repeal the Affordable Care Act from consideration on the House floor Friday afternoon in a humiliating defeat for President Trump on the first legislative showdown of his presidency.

Paul D. Ryan, the House speaker, rushed to the White House shortly after noon to tell Mr. Trump he did not have the votes for a repeal bill that had been promised for seven years — since the day President Barack Obama signed his landmark health care act into law.

Vice President Mike Pence and Tom Price, the health secretary, rushed to Capitol Hill for a late appeal to House conservatives, but their pleas fell on deaf ears.

“You can’t pretend and say this is a win for us,” said Representative Mark Walker, Republican of North Carolina, who conceded it was a “good moment” for Democrats.
                  [...]
                  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/24/us/politics/health-care-affordable-care-act.html
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

That I, like my comrade Rand Paul, will finally be exposed as the Russian stooges that we really are.
                    Can't wait for the SUwish on this one...

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• "Nobody knows health care better than Donald Trump."

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• I gotta say these first few months of Trump presidency have restored my faith in America.

Judges are blocking Trump's crazy immigration stuff and his own party is refusing to pass his really stupid modifications to Obamacare. This is good stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                            and his own party is refusing to pass his really stupid modifications to Obamacare. This is good stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                              I gotta say these first few months of Trump presidency have restored my faith in America.

Judges are blocking Trump's crazy immigration stuff and his own party is refusing to pass his really stupid modifications to Obamacare. This is good stuff.
                              There was a conflicting ruling today... Motion to block denied: https://www.docdroid.net/zXkmJ4O/sar...inion.pdf.html

This one may be going to the supreme court. How long can the dems hold out on confirming Gorsuch?
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Time to move on to BernieCare!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X