Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Yeah, we have that... it is called medicaid. And both it and medicare keep getting expanded. Currently about $500 billion is spent on it for about 100 million people. So if we expanded this for all americans it would cost about $1.5 trillion. Keep in mind that the entire budget for the federal government is about $3.5 trillion. We could cut the entire defense budget and that would bring it down $600 billion or so. I think we would be better off just creating a national health service and make all health care providers government employees with government level salaries. Those greedy doctors make too much money as it is now.
    Ted those are underestimated numbers.

The total cost expenditures for healthcare is about 3.6 Trillion dollars, or the fifth largest economy in the world. In 2014, Medicaid expenditures were 489 Billion, and Medicare expenditures were over 600 Billion. The remainder of the US spent about 2.4 Trillion Dollars. If you want to fund all care through government expenditures, you must cancel all other government services or raise all taxes by about 40%. Are we really willing to do that?
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
      The only way you are going to get health care costs under control is to have a federal or state health panel that decides for people over 65 years of age if they should get treated or not.

Am I right in thinking Canada and Great Britain have a system like that.
      Yep... your days might be numbered, my friend.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
        Ted those are not underestimated numbers.

The total cost expenditures for healthcare is about 3.6 Trillion dollars, or the fifth largest economy in the world. In 2014, Medicaid expenditures were 489 Billion, and Medicare expenditures were over 600 Billion. The remainder of the US spent about 2.4 Trillion Dollars. If you want to fund all care through government expenditures, you must cancel all other government services or raise all taxes by about 40%. Are we really willing to do that?
        Sh*t... just went I was thinking single payer was maybe possible if we got rid of all defense spending (and didn't build that F'n wall!).
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• To heck with googling anymore. Plenty of commentary to read on both British and Canadian "death panels".

Edit: Where did Frank's post go?
          Last edited by byu71; 03-08-2017, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Yep... your days might be numbered, my friend.
            I am well aware of that, but if I can help save the healthcare system in the USA, I am willing to do so. I don't think I will ever shoot in the 70's again anyway.

Comment

The only way you are going to get health care costs under control is to have a federal or state health panel that decides for people over 65 years of age if they should get treated or not.

Am I right in thinking Canada and Great Britain have a system like that.
              No, you're not right. On a similar note, Canadians and Britons live longer than we do.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                No, you're not right. On a similar note, Canadians and Britons live longer than we do.
                Yep, and Americans are flooding the northern boarder to get medical care in Canada or crossing the pond to the UK, right?

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...or-health-care

Comment

Don't know if a study has been done, but I would guess the violence and taking of young lives is more responsible for Brits and Canadians living longer than it being due to better health care.

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                    Yep, and Americans are flooding the northern boarder to get medical care in Canada or crossing the pond to the UK, right?

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...or-health-care
                    We have some Canadian relatives and one of them needs some major surgery. They are planning to come to the US to do it because the wait is just too long in Canada.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

The Japanese live the longest. Their government regulates how much drug companies and health providers can charge which keeps the healthcare costs very low. Instead of the insurance companies setting the rate for healthcare procedures the government does. As a result the doctors in Japan get paid much less than those greedy doctors in the US. We should do this... what do we have to lose? Other than doctors? The japanese also mandate that everyone buys health insurance. I guess if they don't they are offered Seppuku as an alternative.

Government dictated healthcare!
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

The Japanese live the longest. Their government regulates how much drug companies and health providers can charge which keeps the healthcare costs very low. Instead of the insurance companies setting the rate for healthcare procedures the government does. As a result the doctors in Japan get paid much less than those greedy doctors in the US. We should do this... what do we have to lose? Other than doctors? The japanese also mandate that everyone buys health insurance. I guess if they don't they are offered Seppuku as an alternative.

Government dictated healthcare!
                        They also have a shorter path to becoming a doctor. You enter med school right out of HS.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          We have some Canadian relatives and one of them needs some major surgery. They are planning to come to the US to do it because the wait is just too long in Canada.
                          You should have them bring a bunch of those cheap prescription drugs they get up there when they come. It is outrageous how much more we have to pay than those Canucks and the drugs are made here.
                          Last edited by Uncle Ted; 03-08-2017, 09:01 AM.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            They also have a shorter path to becoming a doctor. You enter med school right out of HS.
                            Yeah, you should convince the AMA to do this here.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

What is the purpose of women in the work force staying home today? It has been said they are doing it to show what it would be like without women in the work force.

Really, how many people don't recognize their (women) value? All of the staff showed up to work today. I thought it would be a good idea to show appreciation to them on this day, so I am taking them to lunch.

I guess there are a lot of people who don't watch the news religiously. None of them knew they were supposed to stay home today.
                              My work chicks are here.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                My work chicks are here.....
                                My wife runs her own woman-owned small business. She didn't feel right taking the day but instead wanted to show appreciation for her clients, youth soccer players and their parents, by making today more enjoyable than usual. She of course is wearing red, and my sock tips are red.
                                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X