Page 164 of 293 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,920 of 8786

Thread: President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    Mitt brings reason and dignity. It makes me mourn his presidency that never was.
    Mitt ran 4 years too soon.

I would like to blame the Trump presidency on all the people who made Romney out to be Hitler, a blood-sucking capitalist that caused a woman to die of cancer, and an animal abuser. Mitt should be in his 2d term now. This is my message to them: .

Steve Bannon plans to go 'thermonuclear' on White House officials.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/18/stev...als-axios.html

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by originalsocal View Post
    Binders of women <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<All sides are to blame.
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the things that were once thought to be Mitt negatives.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by snowcat View Post
    Mitt Romney with a strong post on Facebook this morning:
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Steve Bannon plans to go 'thermonuclear' on White House officials.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/18/stev...als-axios.html

Meanwhile, Breitbart senior editor-at-large Joel Pollak, who tweeted "#WAR" after Bannon's departure was announced, told CNBC on Friday that he meant Breitbart would go to war "rhetorically speaking," defending Americans against the mainstream media. He insisted Bannon's exit from the White House would not change Breitbart's coverage
    Ha. Just declaring war here, no connection to Bannon's firing.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Holy crap! Bert is a commie?

Mind blown.

Holy crap! Bert is a commie?

Mind blown.
    Not Bert, close resemblance though.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Not Bert, close resemblance though.
    Interesting.

I have heard rumors that we shouldn't allow kids to watch Bert and Ernie because it implicitly promotes the gay agenda. Two dudes living together and all that...

I hope Trump or Kelly get rid of that try-hard Nazi Gorka. He's a vile character.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

And so we are back to the Russian investigation!
    Yeah, Trump hasn't been the least bit corrupt in his business dealings over the years. Well, maybe the one time the Florida attorney general was going after him for fraud but dropped the charges after he gave her a campaign contribution.
    Last edited by BlueK; 08-18-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Yeah, Trump hasn't been the least bit corrupt in his business dealings over the years. Well, maybe the one time the Florida attorney general was going after him for fraud but dropped the charges after he gave her a campaign contribution.
    "All my life I kept trying to go up in society. Where everything higher up was legal. But the higher I go, the crookeder it becomes."
    --Michael Corleone, Godfather III

And so we are back to the Russian investigation!
    Good you have an excellent track record judging all matters Trump, so we know it's nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Good you have an excellent track record judging all matters Trump, so we know it's nothing to worry about.
    What are you talking about? It was a joke.

Besides, what is my track record?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I'll may try to provide a lengthier response later, but bullet points would include faith in the validity of elections, the value of a free and active investigative press, the value of constitutional checks and balances, the importance of never wearing see-through shorts when one is obese, etc.
    Now that I have a minute to respond, I have been thinking about this and disagree with 1,2,and 3.

1) It's hard to argue that Trump alone has undermined faith in the validity of elections when the DNC rigged their primary to give their chosen one the nomination. Has his reticence to cooperate in an investigation hurt? Probably, but his part in any diminished faith in our electoral process is small in the grand scheme of things until there is sound evidence that he colluded with the Russians to rig the elections.

2) The press has brought America's distrust on by itself. Their clear bias turns most people off, and the only people who listen to them are those who want someone to tell them what they want to hear. I'm not supporting Trump's disparagement of the media, but he's no different than any other President in terms of criticizing media, so why single him out? Investigating the personal lives of journalists we don't agree with to try to destroy their career, or worse, investigating journalists who report leaked information has done more damage and contributed more to threatening our free press than anything Trump has done.

3) Obama's "I have a pen" remark when Congress wouldn't do what he wanted was more damaging than Trump's executive actions, and Bush greatly expanded executive power, so again, why single out Trump?

In short, I think Trump is complicit in all three of the above areas, but why are we singling him out and giving others a pass? My point was not to defend Trump, who in recent days has proven to be indefensible, but to say that the actions of his predecessors put him in office. I stand by that. Until last week, I didn't think anyone could be worse than Obama. From an economic perspective, I still believe that's true. Regardless, Hillary's voters still don't get it. None of you understand that your opinions may be valid where you live, but you, your representatives, and the Beltway crew should stop telling middle America what to do without understanding their concerns.

"Outlined against a blue, gray
    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
    Grantland Rice, 1924

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
    None of you understand that your opinions may be valid where you live, but you, your representatives, and the Beltway crew should stop telling middle America what to do without understanding their concerns.
    oh, brother
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    oh, brother
    Wonder if he feels the same about inner city black people? Middle America sure has ample advice for other communities.

Wonder if he feels the same about inner city black people? Middle America sure has ample advice for other communities.
    I'm still here; you can ask me. While you're at it how about explaining why you think I would feel differently about inner city black communities.

Middle America wants to live by their rules and not rules imposed on them by people who don't live in their same circumstances. Of course they have opinions about issues- everyone does- but they didn't oppose Hillary because she refused to impose their will on Urban America. I realize it's just easier to label the anti-hillary crowd racists and bigots but it smacks of smug elitism and intellectual laziness.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Grantland Rice, 1924

Speaking of middle American, Helena, MT. took down their confederate monument:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/helena-...rate-memorial/

Speaking of middle American, Helena, MT. took down their confederate monument:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/helena-...rate-memorial/

About 20 people gathered to protest Friday
    That's like half the city. And why does Montana have a confederate monument anyway?
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post

That's like half the city. And why does Montana have a confederate monument anyway?
    They have them all over, California, Idaho etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tes_of_America

They have them all over, California, Idaho etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tes_of_America
    Zero in Utah.

https://www.splcenter.org/sites/defa...itage_splc.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post

That's what I was going to ask.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Nor in Wyoming. Strange, us being such racists and all.

Grantland Rice, 1924

how about the matthew shepard monument?
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Fake news. Idaho doesn't.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

One of the weirdest monuments I've seen is Robert E. Lee Elementary school in Wenatchee, WA. Built in 1955, apparently as an homage to Southern farmers who emigrated there during the dust bowl. Out of all the American schools named after the confederacy, It looks most lonely:

247eba5c15f473bceabd9f8ae4889ae6.jpg

According to this article, there was a debate about changing the name after the Charleston massacre. 90%(!) voted to keep the name as is.

https://www.inlander.com/Bloglander/...nging-its-name

Is there any reason, at all, to have a school in Washington named after a confederate general? And even if there was in the past, is there a reason now to keep it? I think this is a perfectly good example of how powerful the 'what's done is done/it's ancient history/no reason to rewrite history' inertia is in conservative circles. I guess it also doubles as a nice check to remind any African American families of their place that might live there...

It bothers me that the white nationalists have hijacked the word "conservative"

Only 140 in my state. Looks like we are pretty clean.

IMO the SPLC is fudging the numbers a bit. I looked at the ones in my city, and I am familiar with a couple of them, as I walk by them quite a bit. For example, one is listed as "Monument" with the description of "Last Meetings of the Confederate Cabinet Marker". That's true, as far as it goes, but this is a "North Carolina Historical Marker". The state has them all over the place, and it is basically a metal plaque on a pole. I attached a google image search below, which coincidentally has the marker referenced by the SPLC. The full text is:

"Confederate Cabinet with President Davis held last full meetings April 22-26, 1865 in a house which was located here"

Hardly a rousing call for the South to rise again, especially when you see that there are markers about Sherman's march and the civil rights movement in the same search results.

Having said that, I'm sure in the 140 that are listed we have a few dozen questionable ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    Only 140 in my state. Looks like we are pretty clean.

IMO the SPLC is fudging the numbers a bit. I looked at the ones in my city, and I am familiar with a couple of them, as I walk by them quite a bit. For example, one is listed as "Monument" with the description of "Last Meetings of the Confederate Cabinet Marker". That's true, as far as it goes, but this is a "North Carolina Historical Marker". The state has them all over the place, and it is basically a metal plaque on a pole. I attached a google image search below, which coincidentally has the marker referenced by the SPLC. The full text is:

"Confederate Cabinet with President Davis held last full meetings April 22-26, 1865 in a house which was located here"

Hardly a rousing call for the South to rise again, especially when you see that there are markers about Sherman's march and the civil rights movement in the same search results.

Having said that, I'm sure in the 140 that are listed we have a few dozen questionable ones.
    Yeah, nobody should have a problem with historical markers.