Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
    O'Keefe continues to over promise and under deliver. I hate that guy.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I want one.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        I want one.

That iPhone needs to be more to scale. Should be much bigger in those tiny hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            I want one.
            Dude, I think you're too old to be playing with dolls... how about a mug or t-shirt?

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• At what point do people start to go ho hum on the tweets? When does it just fade into the background noise?

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                And actually, this isn't that hard if you think about it. I wouldn't recommend lying to the FBI. It's a felony. That's what Flynn did. When he repeated the same lie within the White House it became the reason Trump has cited for his firing. But I'll go a little beyond that. I think at least a couple more people involved are going to be in legal trouble eventually.
                I haven't followed the Flynn thing with the Russians or the staff colluding with the Russians that closely. Where did we get the information that Flynn lied to the FBI? Is that a known fact.

I know the NYT reported a story that had campaign staff colluding with Russians. Apparently high ups in the FBI told Preibus the NYT story was mostly bogus.

Although CNN and MSNBC this morning did not refute the story the FBI told Preibus the NYT times report was bogus, they were mainly put out that the FBI talked to Preibus. Didn't seem all that upset that the NYT put out a bogus story they had repeated.

Who knows. Maybe you win your bet and some people end up in real legal trouble. However, if your assumption they will is based on media reporting, you may not want to bet too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                  I haven't followed the Flynn thing with the Russians or the staff colluding with the Russians that closely. Where did we get the information that Flynn lied to the FBI? Is that a known fact.
                  Yes, it's a known fact. He told the FBI he didn't discuss sanctions with the Russians, and he repeated that lie to VP Pence. I don't remember how it came out later that he did in fact discuss sanctions with the Russians, but that's when Trump fired him for having lied about it to Pence and to the FBI.

Comment

Yes, it's a known fact. He told the FBI he didn't discuss sanctions with the Russians, and he repeated that lie to VP Pence. I don't remember how it came out later that he did in fact discuss sanctions with the Russians, but that's when Trump fired him for having lied about it to Pence and to the FBI.
                    I have never heard he admitted lying to the FBI. Would you give me the source? If you don't have time to, don't worry about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post

I know the NYT reported a story that had campaign staff colluding with Russians. Apparently high ups in the FBI told Preibus the NYT story was mostly bogus.

Although CNN and MSNBC this morning did not refute the story the FBI told Preibus the NYT times report was bogus, they were mainly put out that the FBI talked to Preibus. Didn't seem all that upset that the NYT put out a bogus story they had repeated.

Who knows. Maybe you win your bet and some people end up in real legal trouble. However, if your assumption they will is based on media reporting, you may not want to bet too much.
                      If your assumption is based on believing Trump spokesperson you won't want to bet at all.

Comment

Someone recorded the conversations. They have transcripts of them. He was dead in the water.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          Someone recorded the conversations. They have transcripts of them. He was dead in the water.
                          That's right.

In other news, Trump keeps hammering down on how evil the media is, calling it the #1 enemy of the country. Wow. Even worse than terrorists. Most presidents either ignore unfavorable coverage and keep working, or they may make a comment about a particular story and then move on. Trump seems particularly focused on driving this down. Is there any reasonable conclusion one can come to about why he's doubling down on that idea so much other than he wants the public to be willing to give up freedom of the press?

If you say, no, then what is his objective here?
                          Last edited by BlueK; 02-24-2017, 01:26 PM.

Comment

That's right.

In other news, Trump keeps hammering down on how evil the media is, calling it the #1 enemy of the country. Wow. Even worse than terrorists. Most presidents either ignore unfavorable coverage and keep working, or they may make a comment about a particular story and then move on. Trump seems particularly focused on driving this down. Is there any reasonable conclusion one can come to about why he's doubling down on that idea so much other than he wants the public to be willing to give up freedom of the press?

If you say, no, then what is his objective here?
                            He's extraordinarily thin-skinned (despite his claim that "no one has thicker skin than me!") and can't take criticism in any form. He's accustomed to bullying those who oppose him and so he's going all in on that strategy here. I'm not sure it goes any deeper than that.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              He's extraordinarily thin-skinned (despite his claim that "no one has thicker skin than me!") and can't take criticism in any form. He's accustomed to bullying those who oppose him and so he's going all in on that strategy here. I'm not sure it goes any deeper than that.
                              That's the best case scenario, but even if that's all it is, he needs to get out. You can't be an effective president like that.

Worst case he's crazy like a fox and is shrewdly trying to undermine our democratic/Constitutional institutions and norms so he can eventually replace those with something else.
                              Last edited by BlueK; 02-24-2017, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                                If your assumption is based on believing Trump spokesperson you won't want to bet at all.
                                I do believe Preibus. I can't remember him caught in a lie. The press doesn't dispute what he has said. They just are upset he was told the NYT story was mostly bogus

Comment

Working...
                                X