Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    LOL! I'm kind of sad I didn't go now.

Edit: looks like he posted that 40 min before the scheduled start time.
    Yeah. Anarchists are always fashionably late.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Are Liberals Helping Trump?
      [...]
      Liberals may feel energized by a surge in political activism, and a unified stance against a president they see as irresponsible and even dangerous. But that momentum is provoking an equal and opposite reaction on the right. In recent interviews, conservative voters said they felt assaulted by what they said was a kind of moral Bolshevism — the belief that the liberal vision for the country was the only right one. Disagreeing meant being publicly shamed.

Protests and righteous indignation on social media and in Hollywood may seem to liberals to be about policy and persuasion. But moderate conservatives say they are having the opposite effect, chipping away at their middle ground and pushing them closer to Mr. Trump.

“The name calling from the left is crazy,” said Bryce Youngquist, 34, who works in sales for a tech start-up in Mountain View, Calif., a liberal enclave where admitting you voted for Mr. Trump is a little like saying in the 1950s that you were gay. “They are complaining that Trump calls people names, but they turned into some mean people.”
      [...]
      Mrs. O’Connell is a registered Democrat. She voted for Bill Clinton twice. But she has drifted away from the party over what she said was a move from its middle-class economic roots toward identity politics. She remembers Mr. Clinton giving a speech about the dangers of illegal immigration. Mr. Trump was lambasted for offering some of the same ideas, she said.

“The Democratic Party has changed so much that I don’t even recognize it anymore,” she said. “These people are destroying our democracy. They are scarier to me than these Islamic terrorists. I feel absolutely disgusted with them and their antics. It strengthens people’s resolve in wanting to support President Trump. It really does.”
      [...]
      Mrs. O’Connell feels hopeless. She has deleted all her news feeds on Facebook and she tries to watch less TV. But politics keeps seeping in.

“I love Meryl Streep, but you know, she robbed me of that wonderful feeling when I go to the movies to be entertained,” she said. “I told my husband, I said, ‘Ed, we have to be a little more flexible, or we’re going to run out of movies!’ ”

As for the country, she is worried.

“Change doesn’t occur until you hit rock bottom, like an alcoholic, on his knees, begging for help,” she said. “I think we still have farther to go.”
      https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/18/o...rump.html?_r=0

I personally hold all the dumbass dems responsible for getting Drumpf elected. Why can't they drive folks to vote for libertarians instead?
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Sounds like the National Security advisor new choice is pretty solid, thank goodness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

I personally hold all the dumbass dems responsible for getting Drumpf elected. Why can't they drive folks to vote for libertarians instead?
          Right, because the dumbass republicans had nothing to do with it and aren't able to make decisions on their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Because that is not a real party with real ideas.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              Right, because the dumbass republicans had nothing to do with it and aren't able to make decisions on their own.
              This reminds me of one of my favorite post-election analysis tweets (which I may have shared before, apologies):

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

You should read this article and apply it to your life prior to the next time you want to call someone a dumb-ass. Also you might want to learn to spell the word before engaging in usage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                  You should read this article and apply it to your life prior to the next time you want to call someone a dumb-ass. Also you might want to learn to spell the word before engaging in usage.
                  He spelled it correctly, dumbass!
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    He spelled it correctly, dumbass!
                    He hadn't when I looked at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                      He hadn't when I looked at it.
                      Oh geez. How embarrassing for frank ryan.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Oh geez. How embarrassing for frank ryan.
                        I didn't edit that message...so

Comment

I didn't edit that message...so
                          Oh geez. How embarrassing for shaka!

Comment

Oh geez. How embarrassing for shaka!
                            This is as real as anything Trump says.
                            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• If the new permanent protest class keep up this pace, and it is a major contributor to Trump's re-election, I won't find their brains exploding nearly as humorous as I did the first time around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                                This is as real as anything Trump says.
                                We should all be embarrassed!

Comment

Working...
                                X