Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    A spy ship off the coast of Connecticut eh? Probably have picked up a lot of SNL lately. Maybe they were trying to locate Alec Baldwin so he could facilitate a defection en masse? Montana is nice they've heard.
    One ping only.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      The constant media bashing was embarrassing and unpresidential (go ahead UT, find the clip where Obama did it also). But I hope this is the tipping point for all media outlets. In my world conspiracy view, Fox News and the other right-wing media (it should be said, they deserve a seat at the media table like everyone else, though they have really overplayed their 'fair and balanced' hand) have cultivated a generation of voters who simply don't trust the media when it tells them something counter to their beliefs. And now we have a presidency who openly calls reporters dishonest and liars. He is the natural result of Fox News's existence. I would hope that even Fox News can see that this won't end well, even for them. It would be great to see a united, righteous, media backlash against Trump's attacks.
      I saw part of the drumpf presser today... I don't recall Obama doing anything like this. I do recall Obama banning Fox News from his pressers. Maybe Drumpf should just ban CNN or any news organization he doesn't like from his pressers? I guess liberals play by their own rules.

Drumpf did called out CNN and called them "fake news" in front of the rest of the press. IMHO, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, etc. are all crap when it comes to news. They just throw a bunch of bobble heads in front of the camera and talk about some stupid thing that Drumpf or Clinton said for a hour that doesn't make any difference in the end or that they have very little actual information or facts about. It is all just entertainment if you are into that sh*t.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          I saw part of the drumpf presser today... I don't recall Obama doing anything like this. I do recall Obama banning Fox News from his pressers. Maybe Drumpf should just ban CNN or any news organization he doesn't like from his pressers? I guess liberals play by their own rules.

Drumpf did called out CNN and called them "fake news" in front of the rest of the press. IMHO, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, etc. are all crap when it comes to news. They just throw a bunch of bobble heads in front of the camera and talk about some stupid thing that Drumpf or Clinton said for a hour that doesn't make any difference in the end or that they have very little actual information or facts about. It is all just entertainment if you are into that sh*t.
          This is all a clown show. 45 wants the attention. Do you give an attention seeker what he wants, or do you ignore him?

Everybody screaming about his performance is giving him exactly what he wants. The left, the middle and some on the right want him to play by traditional rules. He won't. He never has. Does anybody really believe you can force him to behave in a traditional manner?

Did you do so in business? No, he was a used car salesman.

Did he on the campaign trail? No. We thought it would blow over. We were wrong.

Part of the reason is there is a significant part of the population that likes 45 giving the establishment the finger and the moon as well. He is loving the attention and the temper tantrums. And although his negatives are very high, with certain voters, he is becoming more popular.

The press doesn't get it. The population hates them as much as anybody else. CNN cries, and except for the partisan opposition which wants to win against 45, many folks think, good for 45. It is a stupid clown show, but just saying "Fuck You CNN" will be received well by a large part of the population. In some respect, the more the press unites behind a hate of 45, the stronger he becomes, because a substantial minority dislikes the establishment and the press.

The best way to beat an attention seeker is to ignore him publicly. That will drive him nuts.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Drumpf is entertaining, however...

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post

The best way to beat an attention seeker is to ignore him publicly. That will drive him nuts.
              Exactly. The same goes for Milo. If the liberals would just ignore Milo he wouldn't have a best selling book right now.
              Last edited by Uncle Ted; 02-16-2017, 09:16 PM.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

This is all a clown show. 45 wants the attention. Do you give an attention seeker what he wants, or do you ignore him?

Everybody screaming about his performance is giving him exactly what he wants. The left, the middle and some on the right want him to play by traditional rules. He won't. He never has. Does anybody really believe you can force him to behave in a traditional manner?

Did you do so in business? No, he was a used car salesman.

Part of the reason is there is a significant part of the population that likes 45 giving the establishment the finger and the moon as well. He is loving the attention and the temper tantrums. And although his negatives are very high, with certain voters, he is becoming more popular.

The press doesn't get it. The population hates them as much as anybody else. CNN cries, and except for the partisan opposition which wants to win against 45, many folks think, good for 45. It is a stupid clown show, but just saying "Fuck You CNN" will be received well by a large part of the population. In some respect, the more the press unites behind a hate of 45, the stronger he becomes, because a substantial minority dislikes the establishment and the press.

Not really possible to do with the President of the US. I would love to ignore him, but unfortunately he lives in a completely different alternate reality from the rest of us and yet has his finger on our country's nuclear weapons. Obviously we all want to believe there is SOME limit to his craziness. But is there?
                Last edited by BlueK; 02-17-2017, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                  Not really possible to do with the President of the US. I would love to ignore him, but unfortunately he lives in a completely different alternate reality from the rest of us and yet has his finger on our country's nuclear weapons. Obviously we all want to believe there is SOME limit to his craziness. But is there?
                  He is an entertainer. He has something to lose financially. The proverbial nuke issue is not my concern with him but rather regional conflagrations or making an economic mistake. Voters tend to think to the extreme. Is he narcissistic? Yes. Is he selfish? Yes. Does he care about others? Probably not. Does he want annihilation? I've not seen any evidence of that. He can do plenty wrong, but once you start raising that question, you are paranoid.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

That's before we knew he had those freaking robots on his side... you can't beat the robots!

1*vu1m1F8eRIv3qWHOmTo1bQ.jpg
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

He is an entertainer. He has something to lose financially. The proverbial nuke issue is not my concern with him but rather regional conflagrations or making an economic mistake. Voters tend to think to the extreme. Is he narcissistic? Yes. Is he selfish? Yes. Does he care about others? Probably not. Does he want annihilation? I've not seen any evidence of that. He can do plenty wrong, but once you start raising that question, you are paranoid.
                      He wouldn't have to want annihilation for a series of really idiotic decisions from him to still lead to it. But you're right, that is an extreme.
                      But he is following the banana republic third world dictator playbook on pretty much everything he's trying to do right now, and I don't have to like that. I'm not wrong to have serious concerns about the future if he succeeds to any degree on that bullshit.

Any information that comes from somewhere else that he doesn't like is fake. But on the flip side, he can re-write the election results so he really had the biggest EC win since Reagan. It is true because it came from him. Kim Jung Un approves!
                      Last edited by BlueK; 02-17-2017, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• I am still shaking my head over that presser yesterday. As crazy as Trump is, that was still unbelievable. Great job, America.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          I am still shaking my head over that presser yesterday. As crazy as Trump is, that was still unbelievable. Great job, America.
                          Americans just aren't educated enough to have the responsibility of electing a President anymore. We got Clinton, Bush, Obama and now Trump. That should tell us we need to change.

Maybe an IQ or some other way pick the 1,000 smartest people in America and let them pick. Or since the pundits on TV seem to know it all, have them choose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            I am still shaking my head over that presser yesterday. As crazy as Trump is, that was still unbelievable. Great job, America.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

He wouldn't have to want annihilation for a series of really idiotic decisions from him to still lead to it. But you're right, that is an extreme.
                              But he is following the banana republic third world dictator playbook on pretty much everything he's trying to do right now, and I don't have to like that. I'm not wrong to have serious concerns about the future if he succeeds to any degree on that bullshit.

Any information that comes from somewhere else that he doesn't like is fake. But on the flip side, he can re-write the election results so he really had the biggest EC win since Reagan. It is true because it came from him. Kim Jung Un approves!
                              Now I am not a psychologist so I may be reading him wrong. IMHO, he doesn't believe what he says himself. He doesn't believe it is fake, but he is attempting deflection because he doesn't know how to do it as a lawyer would. I've said for a long time, don't listen to his words. His words are the sleight of hand. As long as you listen to his words, you will be misled and flustered.

So how do you read him, not easy. Still working on that. Maybe he is a puppet for Bannon, maybe not.

Comment

I think BlueK is right to be concerned about the future, especially when other countries are involved.
                                For example, the IOC is slated to award the 2024 Olympics in September. It seems unlikely that Finalist Los Angeles will have a shot with the world's perception of how America welcomes or unwelcomes foreigners.

I know there are a lot of cities/countries that don't want the albatross of debt that the Olympics seems to bring, but 1932 & 1984 Olympics both made oodles of money for the Organizing Committees and Los Angeles businesses. If anyone can pull off the Olympics as a profitable and successful enterprise, it seems to be L.A.
                                Obviously, there are more serious items afoot, but this is just an example of how Trump's administration could hamper foreign relationships

(on the other hand, Obama's personal visit with the IOC couldn't even get Chicago into the Final round for the 2016 Games).
                                "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                                -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Working...
                                X