Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If watching the republicans, democrats and the media wasn't so damaging to the country, this whole thing would be a terrific comedy.

If you watch Fox the leaking is a terrible thing. If you watch MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC and CBS, Trump and his minions association with Russia is the terrible thing.

Let's have the independent committee look into both of these situations and if someone is guilty of breaking the law, send them off to jail as an example.

While they are doing their investigations, lets move on and debate policy and try to do something postitive for the country.

Comment

• Now it's coming out that Trump's campaign had constant contact with top Russian officials throughout the campaign. That's weird. But what is more troubling about that is that Trump, Manafort, Flynn, etc., have consistently lied about their level of contact with the Russians. Why the coverup?

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
        Oh, brother. Give me a break. The leaks didn't come from the executive branch.

America's spies anonymously took down Michael Flynn. That is deeply worrying.
        <http://theweek.com/articles/680068/a...eeply-worrying>

The Flynn resignation is a huge win for the Deep State.
        The intelligence community is part of the executive branch. FBI, CIA, NSA...all part of the executive branch. Definitely not legislative or judicial. That's all I meant by that.

And if there are lots of leaks I think asking WHY is this happening is pretty relevant. What are they seeing that is making them freak out to the extent that they're risking their careers over this? Maybe they know something about Russia and why Trump and his administration are cozying up to them and it scares the hell out of them. It's a possibility anyway.
        Last edited by BlueK; 02-15-2017, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
          Now it's coming out that Trump's campaign had constant contact with top Russian officials throughout the campaign. That's weird. But what is more troubling about that is that Trump, Manafort, Flynn, etc., have consistently lied about their level of contact with the Russians. Why the coverup?
          I would like to get to the bottom of this. Perhaps some of them will go to jail. Perhaps Trump will get impeached.

CNN had breaking news at 2 this morning. Yea, had trouble going to sleep. They said high level campaign officials in the Trump organization.......... Flynn yes, Manafort let go a month or two before the vote. Do you know who the other high level campaign officials were? His kids, Conway, Bannon, Sessions??

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
            I would like to get to the bottom of this. Perhaps some of them will go to jail. Perhaps Trump will get impeached.

CNN had breaking news at 2 this morning. Yea, had trouble going to sleep. They said high level campaign officials in the Trump organization.......... Flynn yes, Manafort let go a month or two before the vote. Do you know who the other high level campaign officials were? His kids, Conway, Bannon, Sessions??
            I don't know. The CNN story below says "several" Trump advisors were talking with Russia but only mentions Manafort and Flynn by name. If it is several others the names I'm sure will come out sooner or later.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/14/politi...ign/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
              I don't know. The CNN story below says "several" Trump advisors were talking with Russia but only mentions Manafort and Flynn by name. If it is several others the names I'm sure will come out sooner or later.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/14/politi...ign/index.html
              Manafort resigned August 19th, Flynn we already knew about. Several unnamed advisors is breaking news?? Maybe the leaker or leakers are going to drip, drip, drip this thing and told CNN there are players to be named later.

I can't get too excited about this until they name, names.

You know sometimes there are false tweets. Just ask Nancy Pelosi who explained what a scapegoat was because she got duped into believing a false tweet.
              Last edited by byu71; 02-15-2017, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                Oh, brother. Give me a break. The leaks didn't come from the executive branch.

America's spies anonymously took down Michael Flynn. That is deeply worrying.
                <http://theweek.com/articles/680068/a...eeply-worrying>

The Flynn resignation is a huge win for the Deep State.
                The leaks giveth, and the leaks taketh away.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  Wouldn't all of that would be disclosed in the FEC required financial disclosures that Trump already filed? I'm sure there's a way to hide some of those interests on the FEC form, but they'd also be hidden in his tax returns. I'm not sure how aware people are of how vague things can be in tax returns, especially when dealing with corporate holdings, LLCs and some other pass-through entities.

I'm somewhat convinced the tax return request is a red herring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  There are differences, potentially significant, between what's required on a tax return and the FEC report, including deductions claimed, charitable giving, details concerning offshore accounts (easier to mask on an FEC report than on a return), etc. Plus much of the FEC report requires only ranges ("over $50 Million") rather than specific amounts. And the FEC reports aren't subject to the same audit controls as tax returns. BTW, here's Trump's FEC report if anyone cares...

It's a bit perverse, I suppose, but for me the most compelling reason to want to see Trump's returns is that he refuses to provide them. They have to include some very damaging information, else why would the world's greatest self-promoter withhold them, unlike any other president of the past half century?

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

It's a bit perverse, I suppose, but for me the most compelling reason to want to see Trump's returns is that he refuses to provide them. They have to include some very damaging information, else why would the world's greatest self-promoter withhold them, unlike any other president of the past half century?
                    Mitt got the crap kicked out of him by the press and dems when he released his. It didn't help him. If it isn't a simple return it could unload a boat load of questions. I wouldn't ever want my tax return released to the public and not because I did something wrong.

Did the fact McCain had several houses come out because of his tax return or was it already known?

Basically you have people combing through the return that don't know shit from shinola when it comes to taxes and a tax return.

Perhaps there is something there that reveals something very negative and damaging in a political sense. I don't think that is the only reason though one could not want to release their return, especially if they thought they could win and not have to.
                    Last edited by byu71; 02-15-2017, 07:50 AM.

Comment

If watching the republicans, democrats and the media wasn't so damaging to the country, this whole thing would be a terrific comedy.

If you watch Fox the leaking is a terrible thing. If you watch MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC and CBS, Trump and his minions association with Russia is the terrible thing.

Let's have the independent committee look into both of these situations and if someone is guilty of breaking the law, send them off to jail as an example.

While they are doing their investigations, lets move on and debate policy and try to do something postitive for the country.
                      589df71d4b0a615826cf5c14_o_F_v1.jpg
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Applejack; 02-15-2017, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• I have to say that the first month of the Trump presidency has gone just about like I expected.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

I'm somewhat convinced the tax return request is a red herring.
                          I meant to ask you about this... You may be right, of course, but if you're using the term "red herring" as I understand it, I'm curious who is promoting it (creating a diversion) and why? What is the greater issue the promoter is trying to conceal?

Comment

Manafort resigned August 19th, Flynn we already knew about. Several unnamed advisors is breaking news?? Maybe the leaker or leakers are going to drip, drip, drip this thing and told CNN there are players to be named later.

I can't get too excited about this until they name, names.

You know sometimes there are false tweets. Just ask Nancy Pelosi who explained what a scapegoat was because she got duped into believing a false tweet.
                            Just because Manafort resigned, doesn't mean he still wasn't unofficially involved in advising or serving Trump. Carter Page is another guy, not on his current staff who has serious ties to Russia.
                            I want an investigation too. You don't get to blame the media or Democrats for lack of an investigation.

Comment

• Oh my god , where's Uncle Ted with a meme about how this is Clinton's fault?

Comment

• Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                                Oh my god , where's Uncle Ted with a meme about how this is Clinton's fault?
                                Well, he already had some posts about Flynn being a Democrat.

Comment

Working...
                                X