Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I never claimed I wasn't arguing. Just not about the straw man in question.
    Claiming something is a straw man doesn't make it so. Its a legitimate side to the argument, You are ignoring it because it allows you to claim victory on a very narrow issue, instead of looking at the broader issue.

Its okay, call us hilarious again.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• This started out as the predictable angry Imam/JL back and forth with Creek entering the fray. But instead of ignoring it like the rest of CS usually does, a few are joining in open rebellion.

I'm a little nervous about how all this will shake out...
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Some Republican senators are now calling for a thorough investigation into Trump and Russia. Something is about to unravel here I think.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/14/politi...ons/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          This started out as the predictable angry Imam/JL back and forth with Creek entering the fray. But instead of ignoring it like the rest of CS usually does, a few are joining in open rebellion.

I'm a little nervous about how all this will shake out...
          Careful, bro. You don't want to mess with the wrong Imam.

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
            Careful, bro. You don't want to mess with the wrong Imam.
            No that's you, bro. I came up with that myself. I thought that was pretty clever, if I do say so myself!
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              No that's you, bro. I came up with that myself. I thought that was pretty clever, if I do say so myself!
              I may just be the wrong angry Imam to mess with, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                Some Republican senators are now calling for a thorough investigation into Trump and Russia. Something is about to unravel here I think.

Now Russia is firing missiles!

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/14/russi...yt-report.html
                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                  Some Republican senators are now calling for a thorough investigation into Trump and Russia. Something is about to unravel here I think.

Yet another reason for Congress to require Drumpf's release of his tax returns. How better to reveal what I suspect are some very significant financial ties to Mother Russia?

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                    lol

AJ is a person of the people.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

Those are scallops, bro.
                      How am I supposed to know that!?!? Too high end for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        Yet another reason for Congress to require Drumpf's release of his tax returns. How better to reveal what I suspect are some very significant financial ties to Mother Russia?
                        They should.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                          Don't worry. Our president will assure us we will be safe as Russia's little vassal state.

Comment

• I thought Flynn was one of Trump's better choices, and I respect the General's service to the country over the years, but I'm still scratching my head over his letter of resignation, and these two lines in particular:

Unfortunately, because of the fast pace of events, I inadvertently briefed the Vice President Elect and others with incomplete information regarding my phone calls with the Russian Ambassador. I have sincerely apologized....

I am tendering my resignation, honored to have served our nation and the American people in such a distinguished way.

Comment

• [YOUTUBE]IXUMbz3U920[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                                I'd say that JL just did a sextuple-down, but this is a family board, so I won't.
                                Rowr!

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                Claiming something is a straw man doesn't make it so. Its a legitimate side to the argument, You are ignoring it because it allows you to claim victory on a very narrow issue, instead of looking at the broader issue.
                                This is so weird. I am not ignoring it. I have stipulated multiple times that yes, he was able to pass most of his legislation! I have never argued otherwise.

I guess you are arguing that his defeat in attempting to fundamentally restructure the court doesn't matter because he was able to pass his legislation anyway. I disagree because I think it would have made a permanent shift in the balance of power between the legislative and executive branches. It matters! And that is why it was defeated, in spite of his overwhelming popularity as president.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X