Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
    Alan Dershowitz comments

"This is not a solid decision. This is a decision that looks like it's based more on policy than on constitutionality. There are many many flaws".

He agrees with BlueK. The executive order should be redone.
    I would not have a problem with a properly done EO. Does the President have the emotional maturity to go back and draft a new one that passes legal muster instead of digging in his heels to try to prove there are no limits to his might and power? I doubt it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      I would not have a problem with a properly done EO. Does the President have the emotional maturity to go back and draft a new one that passes legal muster instead of digging in his heels to try to prove there are no limits to his might and power? I doubt it.
      Trump and emotional maturity don't compute.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
        Trump and emotional maturity don't compute.
        I'd love to know who wrote it. Was it Steve Bannon?

Comment

Looks like you may get your wish.

Comment

• Can't he just take out all the judges and replace them with who he wants?

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
              Can't he just take out all the judges and replace them with who he wants?
              That is kind of what FDR tried to do. He proposed to retire all judges over 70 years old, thus giving him a chance to stack the court. He also proposed increasing the number of judges, up to as many as 40!

Thankfully, he failed.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                Can't he just take out all the judges and replace them with who he wants?
                Serious? Federal judges have to be impeached by the house and convicted by the Senate, just like the President. It is a very small number this has happened to in our 200+ year history.
                Last edited by BlueK; 02-10-2017, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  That is kind of what FDR tried to do. He proposed to retire all judges over 70 years old, thus giving him a chance to stack the court. He also proposed increasing the number of judges, up to as many as 40!

Thankfully, he failed.
                  I think there is also a statute in place now that set the number of Supreme Court justices at the current 9.

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                    Looks like you may get your wish.

Well, if he does it right, good for him. If he doesn't play by the rules it's going to be a very short stay in the oval office, IMO.

Comment

Thankfully, he failed.
                      I believe Hugo Chavez in Venezuela did what Jay suggested. Thankfully it doesn't work that way here.

Comment

• Lest anyone think otherwise, I do not put FDR and Trump in the same universe as far as POTUS goes. FDR had plenty of faults and crazy ideas, but he was a great leader and a great president.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Lest anyone think otherwise, I do not put FDR and Trump in the same universe as far as POTUS goes. FDR had plenty of faults and crazy ideas, but he was a great leader and a great president.
                          Yes, but his SCOTUS-stacking stunt was a major blemish on his record. http://www.smithsonianmag.com/histor...lost-78497994/
                          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                            Yes, but his SCOTUS-stacking stunt was a major blemish on his record. http://www.smithsonianmag.com/histor...lost-78497994/
                            Uh.... see above.

Comment

Serious? Federal judges have to be impeached by the house and convicted by the Senate, just like the President. It is a very small number this has happened to in our 200+ year history.
                              No, he's not serious.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Thankfully, he failed.
                                He didn't fail, he won.

Comment

Working...
                                X